Welcome Back Party - Card Design Competition Discussion Thread

• Demonxz95's Avatar Content Squad Crossroads Historian 1760 1893 Posts Joined 03/19/2019
    Posted 1 week, 1 day ago

We've got less than 24 hours left to submit. Not that many entries. I changed the artwork of my card to try to get a stronger association of thematics and mechanics. I already submitted it since there's not that much time left and feedback has been going pretty slowly.

Some late feedback, and I'm sorry I didn't do this sooner.

R
    I do fear how OP this could potentially be. Just remember Darkglare for instance.

MenacingBagel
    "(wherever this is)" should be in italics. The concept does seem fine, but now I do realize that it probably scales a bit too quickly.

Cg8889
    As Linkblade pointed out, the big problem with the card is that it'll just be used as a finisher to give all your minions +2/+2 and kill your opponent right away. This isn't just a problem with your card, but this basically applies to all wide board-buff cards with a downside.

FieselFitz

Unfortunately, I do believe the card is a bit dangerous as it basically can give all your Silver Hand Recruits a pseudo-Windfury that's open to attack face. If you've done a relatively decent job at clearing the job, then you can rack up a lot of face damage with the card that Paladins typically don't have access to.

I'm not sure if this is intentional, but I do think it's a bit strange (although admittedly flavorful) that it also effects enemy Silver Hand Recruits.

Linkblade91
    As I pointed out with FieselFitz's card, I am a bit afraid of the amount of potential face damage you can get with this card.

• PopeNeia's Avatar Darkmaster 555 737 Posts Joined 07/06/2019
    Posted 1 week, 1 day ago
    Quote From Demonxz95

We've got less than 24 hours left to submit. Not that many entries. I changed the artwork of my card to try to get a stronger association of thematics and mechanics. I already submitted it since there's not that much time left and feedback has been going pretty slowly.

Some late feedback, and I'm sorry I didn't do this sooner.

R
    I do fear how OP this could potentially be. Just remember Darkglare for instance.

MenacingBagel
    "(wherever this is)" should be in italics. The concept does seem fine, but now I do realize that it probably scales a bit too quickly.

Cg8889
    As Linkblade pointed out, the big problem with the card is that it'll just be used as a finisher to give all your minions +2/+2 and kill your opponent right away. This isn't just a problem with your card, but this basically applies to all wide board-buff cards with a downside.

FieselFitz

Unfortunately, I do believe the card is a bit dangerous as it basically can give all your Silver Hand Recruits a pseudo-Windfury that's open to attack face. If you've done a relatively decent job at clearing the job, then you can rack up a lot of face damage with the card that Paladins typically don't have access to.

I'm not sure if this is intentional, but I do think it's a bit strange (although admittedly flavorful) that it also effects enemy Silver Hand Recruits.

Linkblade91
    As I pointed out with FieselFitz's card, I am a bit afraid of the amount of potential face damage you can get with this card.

Okay I don’t normally comment on these competitions but I liked the previous card art more. If anything this guy is more of a goblin than an ogre :

This ain't no place for a hero

• Wailor's Avatar Design Champion 410 370 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 6 days, 12 hours ago

Ooops, I arrived late to the party :( Next week, I guess.

Good luck, everyone!

• linkblade91's Avatar Global Moderator Lissandra 1445 1624 Posts Joined 02/09/2019
    Posted 6 days, 11 hours ago
    Quote From Wailor

Ooops, I arrived late to the party :( Next week, I guess.

Good luck, everyone!

Yeah we kinda came out of nowhere with the Season's start: I'm not surprised some members missed the window :(

That being said I will also say good luck to everyone :)

If you have the time, you should totally check out our weekly Hearthstone card design competitions! :D

• linkblade91's Avatar Global Moderator Lissandra 1445 1624 Posts Joined 02/09/2019
    Posted 5 days, 6 hours ago

Nothing like starting off the Season with another tie lol. Congratulations to Neoguli and MathU!

If you have the time, you should totally check out our weekly Hearthstone card design competitions! :D

• Neoguli's Avatar Duskrider 730 419 Posts Joined 06/25/2019
    Posted 5 days, 2 hours ago

I'm sort of speechless to be frank. I did not expect to win or even tie for 1st. 😂

"Truth is in the shadows, waiting to be revealed by the light. But light only disperses the shadow." - Me

"If other people shared traits of those considered naive, the world would've become a better place." - Also me

• anchorm4n's Avatar The Cake Is A Lie 1590 1684 Posts Joined 03/13/2019
    Posted 4 days, 14 hours ago

Congrats to Neoguli and MathU! 

I notice I am confused. Something I believe isn't true. How do I know what I think I know?
    Harry James Potter-Evans-Verres, hpmor.com

• FieselFitz's Avatar Anduin 735 1030 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 3 days, 21 hours ago

A little sad that i did not made it to the finals but one day i will see one of my cards in the finalist voting phase :) 

Congratz to the Winners!

Challenge me ... when you're ready to duel a god!

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium