One Card To Rule The Brawl - Card Design Competition Discussion Thread

Design Champion 965 684 Posts Joined 04/23/2020
    Posted 3 months, 4 weeks ago

New version. Absolutely not sure about the text. Also what is better Discover or random? Rogue or neutral?

Content Squad Little Devil Teemo 2070 2056 Posts Joined 03/19/2019

BasilAnguis
    A funny juxtaposition of Zephrys, but I don't really like it too much unfortunately. Mostly from a technical standpoint, but I also think it's weird for a Zephrys effect (or in this case, the opposite of said effect) to be on a Common card.

Wailor
    I definitely prefer the Neutral version (and the art is better as well). It can definitely be a 1/1 since other minions with their own Tavern Brawl have also been 1/1s (Webspinner, Jeweled Macaw, and also Shifter Zerus even though you're not intended to play it in base form). As a 2 mana 2/2, it does also overlap with [Hearthstone Card (Wandmaker.) Not Found]

R
    A neat little Pogo-Hopper-esque effect that works. This version in particular also works better with bouncing as it distributes the stats among a 1/1 and a big body as opposed to just a big body.

Fan Creator 260 86 Posts Joined 07/08/2021

Quote From R
    New version. Absolutely not sure about the text. Also what is better Discover or random? Rogue or neutral?

Definitely a Rogue card. Because Rogue can shuffle extra copies or return it to your hand. Also, random is fine balance-wise, since it's already a value card. However, I think you should make it Discover instead, because often Brawl cards give you cards in hand, so you can choose which to play when. If this doesn't Discover, there will be no choice whatsoever (because all your cards are the same) making RNG far too dominant. I'm partly guilty of this myself, but I believe my card still adds a bit of strategy that is unique to its Brawl.

Text should probably be: (Upgrades for each Gang Recruiter you played this game!) Or did you mean by either player? Also, if you do stick with random, I think the Enter after the second line makes it look weird.

Content Squad Little Devil Teemo 2070 2056 Posts Joined 03/19/2019
    Posted 3 months, 3 weeks ago

Y'all got a little under 24 hours left to submit.

Global Moderator Lissandra 1550 1876 Posts Joined 02/09/2019

Good luck everyone :)

If you have the time, you should totally check out our weekly Hearthstone card design competitions! :D

Global Moderator Lissandra 1550 1876 Posts Joined 02/09/2019

Congratulations to our glorious leader, Shadows!

If you have the time, you should totally check out our weekly Hearthstone card design competitions! :D

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.