Remove Ads - Go Premium

Written In The Cards - Card Design Competition Discussion Thread

• linkblade91's Avatar Global Moderator Draconically Dedicated 610 975 Posts Joined 02/09/2019
    Posted 1 month, 2 weeks ago
    Quote From KANSAS

I decided to make another card since I don't really like my current card. How does this one look?

A 1-mana 3/3 scared me at first-glance, but thinking about it some more I guess the card is a different brand of Flame Imp. +1 Health, but your opponent gets a minion instead of 3 damage to your own face. It might turn off those who have that same initial thought process, though.

Any thoughts on my updated Yrel?

If you have the time, you should totally check out our weekly Hearthstone card design competitions! :D

• linkblade91's Avatar Global Moderator Draconically Dedicated 610 975 Posts Joined 02/09/2019
    Quote From DestroyerR

i decided to scrap my other idea because of the token limit. what about this one?

I agree with KANSAS - I would remove the text, and bump him up to a 3/3.

If you have the time, you should totally check out our weekly Hearthstone card design competitions! :D

• DestroyerR's Avatar Design Champion 270 303 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

I don’t know, seems very OP that way. Don’t forget you’re making your opponent waste Mana; a 3/3/3 that read “your opponent has 4 less Mana next turn” would certainly be considered OP, and so would a 3/3/3 that did the same thing but was Immune for more than a turn and had the 4 Mana split into 2 and 2

Make The Cow King an alternate Warrior skin plz 

Quote From DestroyerR

I don’t know, seems very OP that way. Don’t forget you’re making your opponent waste Mana; a 3/3/3 that read “your opponent has 4 less Mana next turn” would certainly be considered OP, and so would a 3/3/3 that did the same thing but was Immune for more than a turn and had the 4 Mana split into 2 and 2

Sorry, I should have specified that I don't agree with making them cost 2-apiece. I think costing 1 without the complicating text would be fine.

• KANSAS's Avatar 1100 2127 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Quote From linkblade91
    Quote From KANSAS

I decided to make another card since I don't really like my current card. How does this one look?

A 1-mana 3/3 scared me at first-glance, but thinking about it some more I guess the card is a different brand of Flame Imp. +1 Health, but your opponent gets a minion instead of 3 damage to your own face. It might turn off those who have that same initial thought process, though.

Any thoughts on my updated Yrel?

I really like it. The only thing that I would change, if I had to change anything, would be to make it target a friendly minion and give it +2/+2 instead of giving only Yrel +2/+2. Though I think it is fine as it is.

First rule of the English language: Their our know rules.

• CursedParrot's Avatar 290 407 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

More Feedback (I'm skipping those I think already submitted)

Show Spoiler

@Demonxyz95

I like the Crystal Phoenix, it synergizes with random effects and the hand mage deck. The only change I would make would be to change the Temporal Loops to add something like 5 seconds to the timer, so that the player who plays it isn't pressed for time as much.

@Linkblade91

I think Hoptallus is an interesting design, but I fail to see what options it opens up in terms of deckbuilding. The most obvious one I can see is some kind of Mill Rogue or Battlecry Shaman deck using Hoptallus, but I feel like those strategies would be kind of annoying if they were playable. Maybe you could change the carrots to cost more and reduce their cost at the end of each round that they're in your hand?

• Demonxz95's Avatar Content Squad Card Designer Enthusiast 750 1052 Posts Joined 03/19/2019
    Quote From CursedParrot

More Feedback (I'm skipping those I think already submitted)

Show Spoiler

@Demonxyz95

I like the Crystal Phoenix, it synergizes with random effects and the hand mage deck. The only change I would make would be to change the Temporal Loops to add something like 5 seconds to the timer, so that the player who plays it isn't pressed for time as much.

The reason the Temporal Loops don't refresh the timer is because otherwise it would be possible to stall the game indefinitely by playing Phoenix, then immediately playing Temporal Loop, and now the Phoenix would be back in your hand and you'd be able to generate other Temporal Loops by playing it over and over again.

That said, the animation would be long enough (using the same as the Toki Hero Power) to where you can't gain a net-positive in time with 5 seconds, so it might not be a worry.

• JKEY's Avatar 40 4 Posts Joined 01/15/2020
    Posted 1 month, 1 week ago

This card is fantastic! You know what I think would make it more realistic for standard? Instead of summoning the highest attack minion with immune, maybe changing the immune to deathrattle: Give all your minions and summoned minions lifesteal. I feel like that isn't as strong as the immune, but has a crazy late game goal. What do you think? 

Less than 24 hours to go! Submit while you can :D

• Demonxz95's Avatar Content Squad Card Designer Enthusiast 750 1052 Posts Joined 03/19/2019

Finalist voting is now up.

You also only have 24 hours left to post yourself as a card to get the Card Designer Enthusiast title. After the results of this competition, the window is gone.

• Wailor's Avatar Design Finalist 195 191 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Wow, the level of this comp is off the roof. Every single finalist is amazing.

• Xarkkal's Avatar Servant of Illidan 835 1316 Posts Joined 03/29/2019

Woo! Threw together my card 3 hours before the submission deadline and made the finals! Procrastination at it's finest!

Nutritious Magic has used art REEEEE

I only remembered to change and submit my card 3 hours before the deadline as well lol

Quote From DestroyerR

Nutritious Magic has used art REEEEE

I only remembered to change and submit my card 3 hours before the deadline as well lol

Yeah. I've actually seen many cards use that art because the user who made it presumably didn't know that it was used art.

Link with win number 4!

Quote From Demonxz95

Link with win number 4!

All of my wins have been with Paladin cards; the meme continues! :D Thanks everyone who voted for me.

• grumpymonk's Avatar 115 37 Posts Joined 04/02/2020

Congrats to Linkblade!

*cue mii sports disappointment sound*

well done! 

• anchorm4n's Avatar HearthStationeer 605 795 Posts Joined 03/13/2019

Congrats, well done!

Double the pride, double the fall.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium