Hi, my name is Meepazor and I'd like to show my most recent complete expansion, Rafaam vs Explorers 3. This is a small One Night in Karazhan style expansion that would probably be accompanied by an adventure that I'm never going to make.
The lore behind it: After two failed attempts of first working alone, then working with Azeroth's greatest villains, Rafaam is trying one last time to take over Azeroth, and this time he's going for numbers. He's got armies of Murlocs, Mechs and Dragons aiming to overwhelm the League of Explorers and take what is rightfully his. Follow your favourite four characters in their last battle versus the evil Rafaam and finally put an end to his schemes.
Druid Cards - Dragons
Demon Hunter Cards - Murlocs
Hunter Cards - Mechs
Warrior Cards - Mechs
Mage Cards - Explorers
Paladin Cards - Dragons
Priest Cards - Dragons
Rogue Cards - Mechs
Shaman Cards - Explorers
Warlock Cards - Murlocs
Check out this Imgur album for artist credits https://imgur.com/a/ubNw74N
Firstly, just have to say that many of these are well thought out cards, and if any blizz devs are looking for ideas nicking some of yours is definitely on the cards.
I will pass a few comments on some of the more interesting cards;
- mother dragon and dragon recruitment is a very neat idea. Mother dragon's stats seems a little too big for 6 mana honestly. Perhaps lowering it to a 5/5 or 5/6 is the better choice. But 5/8 for 6, and net draw one card? Bit too much.
- Dastardly minitank is deceptively powerful in face hunter. At its very best it allows 4 damage to face every turn, and the added cost to hp is negligible. Part of me hope this idea never catches on, but its honestly one of the better cards in your list
- Tomb exploration is broken, and in mage its doubly so. Its already bad enough that a decent mage game will see at least 2 solarian primes, and now this? Basically the idea is that you'll never be playing that treasure without also playing another copy of this card, but there's plenty of ways to make it more consistent and mage has never have trouble generating cards. Plus, playing wondrous wand (1 of the 4 fantastic treasures, unless you added more) in mage should be banned to prevent worldwide heart attacks.
- I think your shaman list is a little too weak, and once again suffers from the same disease as with team5's card developers as they are constantly finding reasons to overload cards, not understanding that druid simply does the same thing but without any overload encumbrance. Water merchant is practically extorting mana for such a small body. Ditch the overload, like honestly. Totem of power is probably the best thing here, but not because of its somewhat weird effect, but because its a 0/3 totem for 1. I don't quite understand the effect. Basically if you have overloaded crystals then further overloads that turn don't count?
- Now that darkglare is a shadow of its former self, your warlock list is basically just cannon fodder. Its so niche, I simply can't imagine anyone playing it. Murloc magic is so expensive, for such a massive drawback. Beach scavenger should ideally cost 0 (I assume that the damage is dealt to the murloc, not the hero), and tricky murloc is well, impossible to play without also introducing something like a 4/5 murloc for 4 in the list. Also, lets not forget that hand of gul'dan still exist. So what hole are these cards filling exactly?
- Renogos, yes. Very powerful. Rafaam, FS. No. If that was his final scheme then its not a wonder that he lost at the end.
Hi, I agree with a lot of what you've said. Thank you for commenting and what you've said is very nice. As a response to what you pointed out:
You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.