Remove Ads - Go Premium

B-U-R-S-T - Card Design Competition Discussion Thread

• FieselFitz's Avatar Anduin 495 586 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 1 week, 6 days ago

Thx for the feeback y'all - here are two new version:

or:

Quite some different Versions - one feedback was that the card had potential to be a dual class card - i kinda liked the idea and tried it. Also made it to draw 2 cards instead of just spells - even tough i think drawing spells would fit the card better ?? and if it would draw just 2 i think i need to change the name :) 

The Second one is on overall rework - Changed Name , Mana Cost and Stats - and it draws a Spell and a Minion instead of 2 spells or just 2 cards.

What do you guys think?

Or should i stick to the last version before these two? Right now i still prefer the improved version before those two ... 

EDIT: I decided to go with the Improved Version and submitted it - thx for the Feedback!

Challenge me ... when you're ready to duel a god!

• Trapdoorspyder's Avatar 65 5 Posts Joined 10/07/2020

Any opinions on this card? I'm not sure what the stats/mana cost will finalize at, but I'm pretty sure on the effect. Also, are there any good places to find art for these custom cards?

• Demonxz95's Avatar Content Squad Headless Horseman 1030 1198 Posts Joined 03/19/2019
    Quote From Trapdoorspyder

Any opinions on this card? I'm not sure what the stats/mana cost will finalize at, but I'm pretty sure on the effect. Also, are there any good places to find art for these custom cards?

Unfortunately, this seems very weak. I would give it at least a few extra stats.

As Spellburst is an SA mechanic, you should change the watermark. Taunt also should be capitalized.

• KANSAS's Avatar Eldritch Horror 1200 2253 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 1 week, 5 days ago

@Trapdoorspyder,

The effect is good, but as Demon mentioned, the stats are pretty bad, I would reduce the cost a little bit.

As for art, I usually just type "*type of art I want* fantasy art" into the search bar and scroll through the images until I find something I like.

• Arkasaur's Avatar Design Champion 100 15 Posts Joined 09/12/2020
    Posted 1 week, 5 days ago

Trapdoorspyder - As mentioned, you could reduce the cost (probably to 3), or increase to stats (probably 4/6).

A good technique I have for art (and how I found the art for Blood in the Water for last weeks competition) is to use http://wow.tcgbrowser.com/ and then use the google image search on those to try and find the high quality version of the card art.

Another that I really like is Artstation.com, (search warcraft, hearthstone, or hearthstone fan art) I recall seeing a "botany student" art there recently that could fit your card quite well.

• bigcums's Avatar Dragon Scholar 135 90 Posts Joined 07/26/2019
    Posted 1 week, 3 days ago

Changed my mind in the meantime and came up with a new idea last minute .

Hope this is good cause I really like the idea .

• Nirast's Avatar Content Squad Dinosaur 405 374 Posts Joined 04/01/2019

This would've been so much better if it restored equal to the spell's cost (maybe change the character to someone other than Chromie). It's also a bit expensive.

• grumpymonk's Avatar 155 72 Posts Joined 04/02/2020

Good luck to all!

• linkblade91's Avatar Global Moderator Draconically Dedicated 775 1087 Posts Joined 02/09/2019
    Posted 1 week, 2 days ago

Good luck to our finalists :)

If you have the time, you should totally check out our weekly Hearthstone card design competitions! :D

Good luck to the finalists!

• Nirast's Avatar Content Squad Dinosaur 405 374 Posts Joined 04/01/2019

Good luck to the finalists

• linkblade91's Avatar Global Moderator Draconically Dedicated 775 1087 Posts Joined 02/09/2019
    Posted 1 week, 1 day ago

Congratulations to Wailor!

If you have the time, you should totally check out our weekly Hearthstone card design competitions! :D

• Arkasaur's Avatar Design Champion 100 15 Posts Joined 09/12/2020
    Posted 1 week, 1 day ago

Congratulations Wailor!

• anchorm4n's Avatar HearthStationeer 695 973 Posts Joined 03/13/2019
    Posted 1 week, 1 day ago

Congrats Wailor! 

Double the pride, double the fall.

• Wailor's Avatar Design Champion 235 221 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 1 week, 1 day ago

Thanks 😁

Posted 1 week, 1 day ago

Congrats Wailor - at least the card i voted the highest won :) 

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium