Remove Ads - Go Premium

Cheese's custom core sets revamp - Global thread (only neutrals atm)

• Cheese's Avatar 205 92 Posts Joined 05/30/2019
    Posted 1 month, 1 week ago

Cheese's Custom Core set revamp

Instead of doing 1 thread per class, I've decided to do a single master thread for my whole shit.

Some changes happened for the classes I already posted before according to the feedback I've received. There are also some revamped cards that I shamelessly ripped off from other people's reworks (credit is given when it happens) because the main goal of this revamp is not to be creative.

Directions

General directions I follow for the core sets
    Goal of Basic and Classic

Blizzard's official post on class identity is weird. It mixes class mechanics with strengths and weaknesses so most of the stuff doesn't make sense. The way I proceeded is completely different. I started by listing what should be the primary and secondary mechanics of the class, the strengths and weaknesses of the class as well as the archetypes available to it should follow from this list.

I say "core sets" a lot, but the Basic and Classic set are NOT interchangeable in their functions.

• The Basic set is the spine of the class. It ensures the class' viability and establishes its primary mechanics.
      • Must be simple. Most cards must have 2 lines of text or less. Only simple keywords.
      • Versatile to support multiple playstyles
      • Minimal kit of everything a class needs to be viable (card draw; removal; direct damage; good standalone minions;...) even if not part of identity
      • Fine if slightly more OP than what you would expect from expansions
    • The Classic set is the limbs of the class. It ensures the class' internal diversity and estables its secondary mechanics.
      • Presents the more "complex" mechanics of the game (Deathrattle, etc...)
      • Because Classic packs are bought, there should be a sense of progression
      • Unlike the Basic set, Classic cards should be slightly below average to let room for expansions
    Tribal synergies
    • Beasts
      • All size of minions
      • Good standalone value
      • Buff each other a lot
      • Each type of Beast has its subtheme (Bears=Taunt; Boars=Rush; Cats=Stealth; Wolves=buff other beasts; etc...)
      • Most common type of minions, as such their identity is less precise
    • Demons (Warlock & DH)
      • All size of minions
      • Powerful but with a drawback (taking damage; discard; ...)
    • Dragons
      • Medium to big minions
      • "If you're holding a Dragon"
      • Hand synergy
      • Lots of legendaries
      • 4/12 statline as a signature
    • Elementals
      • All size of minions
      • "If you played an Elemental last turn"
      • Value generation
      • Battlecries
    • Mechs
      • Mechs were the focus of only 2 expansions (GvG and Boomsday) but they're otherwise a rare tribe and have no central identity!
    • Murlocs
      • Small minions
      • Board-wide buffs for other Murlocs
      • Relies on early-game snowballing. If allowed to stay on the board, they become nearly unstoppable
    • Pirates
      • Small to medium minions
      • Weapon synergy
      • Lots of direct damage
    • Totems (Shaman)
      • Small minions
      • 0 attack with some exceptions
      • Powerful ongoing effects (aura/end of turn/whenever)

Tribal synergies are part of a class primary identity in only 3 cases

• Beasts for Hunter
    • Totems for Shaman
    • Demons for Warlocks and DHs

All other class-tribe associations are mostly a matter of coincidence as these tribes happen to fit in the class identity (eg pirates for Warrior/Rogue)

Keywords
    • Charge vs Rush - As you know, Charge is a dangerous keyword. This is why Rush was introduced...however there are a few cards that were meant to be finishers that wouldn't make sense without Rush. I will replace Charge with Rush on all core cards with Charge (and tweak stats accordingly) EXCEPT when Charge is on a legendary minion. There are 4 legendary minions with Charge in the classic set and they will keep Charge
    • Discover - Disover offers a choice between cards that are in standard. Due to how easy Discover can become skewed when the right cards are printed, there will be no Discover cards in my core sets. I changed my mind. My core sets have discover cards. See below.
    • Poisonous - There were originally no Poisonous cards in the Basic set before the introduction of Master Poisoner. I will therefore also have poisonous cards in my basic set
    • Lifesteal - There are currently no Lifesteal cards in the core sets. However the keyword is simple and I will therefore introduce some.

NEUTRALS

Neutral cards icon

Specific directions for neutral cards
    • The function of neutral core sets isn't the same as class sets. Neutral cards exist to support multiclass strategies and needs. The power level of neutral cards is lower than class cards'. However, classes can use them to compensate for their weaknesses (eg. Taunt, healing, etc).
    • The Basic neutral set :
      • Has 50 cards
      • Must remain extremely simple. No more than 3 lines of text, but most cards should have 2.
      • Should feature all essential mechanics of the game.
      • Contains Vanilla and French vanilla (=only keywords) minions with pertinent statlines for their tribes and keywords.
      • Contains simple implementations of multiclass mechanics (eg. healing, summon, multiclass tribes like murlocs, etc)
      • Should be weaker than neutral sets from Classic or from expansions (unlike Basic class sets).
    • The Classic neutral set :
      • Has 75 cards (32 commons, 15 rares, 15 epics, 13 legendaries)
      • Is more complex and advanced than the basic set, and introduces "advanced" mechanics and keywords, but remains highly versatile.
      • Allows for more complex gameplans.
      • Contains tech cards against specific mechanics not normally counterable (eg. secrets, spells, battlecries, specific tribes, etc).
      • Has buildaround cards for multiclass archetypes (eg. Malygos).
    • Both neutral sets contain less cards than the actual neutral sets. This is because neutral cards, being usable by all classes, have a greater chance to "eat" expansion cards if they're too powerful. I kept the neutral-cards-to-class-cards ratio of 1/3 that is typical of expansions (before DH).
    • Nevertheless, I strongly oppose Blizzard's philosophy of making evergreen sets intentionnaly weak to leave room for expansions. This is the easy way out. I want to make sets that are interesting without wrapping the entire game around them.
    • I didn't make the effort to change the watermarks for the cards I just rotated without changing them. However, for the Basic cards I modified or created, I added the Basic set icon as a watermark to them. It is weird that the existing Basic Set doesn't have one.
    • Some of those cards were put there just for meme value. Memes matter.

(0) Wisp (1) Argent Squire (1) Elven Archer (1) Lazy Peon (1) Murloc Raider (1) Shieldbearer (1) Small-time Buccaneer (1) Stonetusk Boar (2) Bloodfen Raptor (2) Bluegill Warrior (2) Orgrimmar Grunt (2) Kobold Geomancer (2) Murloc Tidehunter (2) Novice Engineer (2) River Crocolisk (2) Silverback Patriarch (2) Vilefiend (3) Earthen Ring Farseer (3) Emperor Cobra (3) Ironfur Grizzly (3) Magma Rager (3) Pack Leader (3) Raid Leader (3) Scarlet Crusader (3) Sha'tar Cleric (3) Wolfrider (4) Chillwind Yeti (4) Grim Necromancer (4) Legashi Satyr (4) Naga Corsair (4) Oasis Snapjaw (4) Ogre Magi (4) Sen'jin Shieldmasta (4) Troll Batrider (5) Arenabot Mk.12-0 (5) Corrosive Sludge (5) Dragonmaw Scorcher (5) Brill Deathguard (5) Frostwolf Warlord (5) Nightblade (5) Pit Fighter (6) Boulderfist Ogre (6) Core Hound (6) Frost Elemental (6) Reckless Rocketeer (7) Amani War Bear (7) Bog Creeper (7) Stormwatcher (8) Pit Crocolisk (10) Ultrasaur

NOTE: If you're an Arena player, you will probably look at this set in horror since it contains a lot of cards that are or were notoriously very good or even outright cancer in this mode. There's really no way around it. The Basic set is supposed to be generalistic and versatile, this intrinsically makes it broken in Arena. If it were real, this Basic set would NEVER be part of any Arena rotation.

COMMONS (32)

(1) Arcane Anomaly (1) Jar Dealer (1) Leper Gnome (1) Tentacle of N'Zoth (1) Worgen Infiltrator (2) Amani Berserker (2) Annoy-o-Tron (2) Lance Carrier (2) Loot Hoarder (2) Rothide Smuggler (2) Sharkfin Fan (3) Banana Buffoon (3) Harvest Golem (3) Ironbeak Owl (3) Jungle Panther (3) Skydiving Instructor (3) Zoobot (4) Ancient Brewmaster (4) Burly Rockjaw Trogg (4) Evasive Feywing (4) Evolved Kobold (4) Kooky Chemist (4) Refreshment Vendor (4) Thorium Blacksmith (4) Tomb Spider (5) Anubisath Sentinel (5) Crackling Cyclone (5) Fungalmancer (5) Stranglethorn Tiger (6) Safeguard (6) Scavenging Shivarra (8) Violet Wurm

RARES (15)

(2) Neferset Ritualist (2) Serpent Ward (2) Sunfury Protector (3) Lone Champion (4) Jeeves (4) Twilight Drake (4) Violet Teacher (5) Chief Inspector (5) Servant of Kalimos (5) Sunreaver Warmage (6) Bone Drake (6) Gadgetzan Auctioneer (6) Sunwalker (8) Arcane Devourer (10) Scrapyard Colossus

EPICS (15)

(1) Firebeard Herald (2) Baleful Banker (3) Coastal Terror (3) Murloc Warleader (3) Nightmare Amalgam (3) Voodoo Doll (3) Vulpera Scoundrel (3) Witch's Cauldron (4) Twilight Summoner (5) Faceless Manipulator (5) Nightwatcher (6) Fen Strider (6) Unseen Saboteur (7) Crowd Roaster (10) Sea Giant

(as you can tell, I hate Freeze Mage)

LEGENDARIES (13)

(3) Brightwing (4) Whizbang the Wonderful (5) Hemet Nesingwary (5) Subject 9 (6) Justicar Trueheart (7) Skycap'n Kragg (7) The Curator (9) Alexstrasza (9) Malygos (9) Nozdormu (9) Ysera (10) Deathwing

List of changes to non-custom cards

Card changes

• Deathwing : Art changed.
    • Nozdormu : Effect changed completely. (Previous effect was too cancer)
    • Alexstrasza : Effect is now healing and only affects your hero. (Previous effect was too cancer). Art changed.
    • Vulpera Scoundrel : Attack reduced to 1. (Would have been too good for Classic otherwise)
    • Violet Teacher : Art changed. Effect is now "after" rather than "whenever".
    • Thorium Blacksmith : Name changed. (Formerly Dark Iron Dwarf, that's like naming a card "human"!)
    • Reckless Rocketeer : Charge replaced by Rush. Attack increased to 9 (to compensate).
    • Frost Elemental : Attack and Health increased to 6.
    • Core Hound : Attack and Cost decreased by 1. Its stats are now vanilla.
    • Wolfrider : Charge replaced by Rush.
    • Sha'tar Cleric : Name changed (formerly Shattered Sun Cleric, artwork was Lady Liadrin!). Art changed accordingly.
    • Raid Leader : Stats changed from 2/2 to 1/3. (This is a minion you want to keep alive). Art changed.
    • Magma Rager : Attack increased to 7.
    • Silverback Patriarch : Cost reduced to (2).
    • Novice Engineer : Art changed.
    • Kobold Geomancer : Art changed.
    • Orgrimmar Grunt : Health increased to 3. Name changed (formerly Frostwolf Grunt). Art changed accordingly. I know I could consider this a completely different card altogether but I didn't want to.
    • Bluegill Warrior : Charge replaced by Rush. Health increased to 2.
    • Bloodfen Raptor : Art changed
    • Stonetusk Boar : Charge replaced by Rush.
    • Shieldbearer : Art changed.

Cards moved from Classic to Basic

• Frost Elemental
    • Scarlet Crusader
    • Emperor Cobra
    • Earthen Ring Farseer
    • Shieldbearer
    • Argent Squire
    • Wisp
    Shortlisted neutral cards

Listed below are cards I considered adding to the core sets but didn't, either because they have a flaw that make them unfit for core sets, or because there was no room for them anymore.

9+ mana

7-8 mana

6 mana

5 mana

4 mana

3 mana

2 mana

0-1 mana

Curve of neutral cards

I paid special attention to the mana cost distribution of my neutral sets. This is something I don't bother with for class sets. My curve peaks at 3 mana and goes farther than the current curve. Notice how random the distribution of cards for the current classic set is...

Neutral basic set comparison

Neutral classic set comparison

Neutral sets comparison

CLASS CARDS

DRUID

WoW Class emblem

WIP

HUNTER

WoW Class emblem

WIP. I will revise my previous set to take people's feedback into account.

MAGE

WoW Class emblem

WIP

PALADIN

WoW Class emblem

WIP

PRIEST

WoW Class emblem

ROGUE

WoW Class emblem

WIP

SHAMAN

WoW Class emblem

WARLOCK

WoW Class emblem

WIP

WARRIOR

WoW Class emblem

WIP

• Demonxz95's Avatar Content Squad 1145 1398 Posts Joined 03/19/2019

It seems that the spam filter erroneously marked this as spam.

But I took care of it.

• Topandito's Avatar 490 151 Posts Joined 03/29/2019

There are a few cards that I feel could use some light touch ups that didn't like Arcane Devourer for an example which I feel could cost 1 less or start with slightly better stats, that said not all card are meant to be viable but that is a card that may as well not exist.

Quote From Demonxz95

It seems that the spam filter erroneously marked this as spam.

But I took care of it.

Thank you Demon. It was probably due to the terrible formatting of my post.

• CivilKobold's Avatar Servant of Illidan 180 53 Posts Joined 07/02/2019

Subject 9, Scrapyard Colossus, Fungalmancer, and Lazy Peon all could be very restricting in an evergreen set. Besides that, the total removal of charge is a bad idea. It's a core keyword and I believe it should exist in some shape or form. The basic set is also supposed to have a few bad cards to teach players the strengths and weaknesses a card could have. Silverback is supposed to be compared to Grizzly to teach that Health isn't the only important stat in a Taunt minion, Magma Rager is supposed to demonstrate the importance of balanced stats on an aggressive minion.

• dapperdog's Avatar 890 1652 Posts Joined 07/29/2019

Seems like the direction for classic + basic is now pure tempo or nothing. Just about every face damaging card has been nerfed to oblivion, and every combo card from classic I can think of is now gone or nerfed (even that Injured Blademaster + Circle of Healing combo, which honestly without cleric is entirely moot). A little surprised you've left Malygos untouched, but there's a good chance its because you already planned to get rid of Moonfire. Perhaps all this is a little too drastic for my taste. We're basically letting the expansions take care of adding combo and face cards. Not really a good option in my opinion.

Justicar's inclusion is likely the most controversial. Given how fair most of these cards are, this is perhaps the most powerful card currently in your version of evergreen. Looks like control warrior will take over once again, unless you've specifically designed warrior's cards to contain no control cards.

No ooze, no harrison. But in comes corrosive sludge. Way too expensive for any consideration. There is a good reason why ooze remains in play today, and that's because its an efficient weapon removal option. To be the same most weapons have to cost more that the sludge does, and that's admitably a very small number of weapons. To put a simple example; why would anyone tech to remove the opponent's Eaglehorn Bow, or Stormhammer if the opponent have already taken 2-3 shots at minimum before you have a chance to remove it.

• Zyella's Avatar 180 106 Posts Joined 10/16/2020
    Posted 1 month ago

Not a fan at all of you removing charge from all non legednaries outside boar and the non boar ones arent an issue and boar is on purpose kept as it is as it helps them find out probllems if boar is played seriosuly then is prolyl somethign wrong with/inside the meta(their words not mine).

And Wolfrider and bluegill where never any issue at all and instea dof them gabrage maga rager tier you could HOF instead of making worthless.

And NO ART HAS TO BE CHANGED AT ALL. The art is iconic has no reason to be replaced at all. and if want new art give OPTIONS you know cardskins so people can use art they prefer.

And alexstraza effect DOES NOT A CHANGE if want her out of classic, HOF STUFF ISNTEAD OF DESTROYING. WIid is a mode aswell you know, for payign with their odl decks/cards which chanegs liek aleex(where its nto at all issue in wild at all go against that like your alexstraza you removed evry sue of her basicly she is now garbage not worth a legendary adn nto worht 9mana 8/8 at all. HoF is way better then makign clasis/basic worhtless garbage tier cards.

and vulpera scoundrel woulnt be to good at all for classic with currnet stats its not even that good of card in egenral  for constructed.

Raidleader is still pure garbage thats serves 0 use at all for anyone.

Magma rager doenst need to be changed 

The 5/5 sludge ahs no reaosn to excist in classic ooze is 100times betetr and its nto issue .

Ultrasaul serves 0purpose in classic so does

Stormwatcher is terriblle give it rush ontop and it actully has use atleats sometimes.

And arcane devourer could at the VERY LEAST be 7mana or bit higher stats so its maybe any use ever at all for anyone

Amalgam shouldnt be a classic card at all.

Hemet is still gabage and is nto a usable tech at all increase his stats or reduce and he'd still be  weak just not worthless(liek yoru new alexstraza)

And nozdormu can be 8mana and he'd still be incredbly weak and really not worth being a legendary at all.

Sorry but i dotn think you did  good job at all

Yeah classic/basic shouldnt be the best overlal but still should have goo stuff that atleats serves a purpose ever at all not pure gabage packfiller tier certainly not more and espcially not among legendaries, they dont have to be the best just not uselss.

• sinti's Avatar Global Moderator Faire Sleuth 1350 1957 Posts Joined 10/20/2018
    Posted 1 month ago

Wow, nice job with the formatting in a limited-tool environment :) Might steal some of that :D

Yes, Arena player in me screams in horror looking at some of these, but I get your reasoning.

One thing I must say tho, you say that "memes matter" and then you go and basically destroy the OG Meme-Rager itself, which would in turn invalidate all the Ragers in future sets. I think this is a mistake on your part.

Looking forward to more :)

Madness at the Darkmoon Faire: Out of Cards Expansion Guide
    ~ Have an idea? Found a bug? Let us know! ~
    ~ Join us on Discord ~

Posted 3 weeks ago

To give some answers

• On the removal of Charge (which seems to be the most contentious point) : First thing is I didn't remove it completely since it is still present on Skycap'n Kragg (and will be on class legendaries). Second thing, the Charge keyword is a powerful keyword on any card especially those with a high attack/cost ratio. Having those in Core sets limits design space for future cards. Stonetusk Boar has been problematic several times (with Caverns Below and Dire Frenzy). Bluegill Warrior was problematic in Anyfin Paladin (even though that deck was never tier 1, it's uninteractive).
    • On basic cards that are supposed to be bad : The game has been powercrept to such a degree that "fair" normal cards have nearly no change of seeing play. Even if the power level of the core sets is raised, the average power level of expansions is so high that new players will quickly learn how the game works anyway. I don't think a 2/4 Patriarch and a 7/1 Rager will change that. (Shieldbearer also serves that purpose of showing that stat distribution matters).
    • On the core sets being pure tempo : I agree that my Basic set is nearly-pure tempo not by choice but as a consequence of it being simple. There's only that much you can do without advanced mechanics. For the Classic set however I tried to go beyond pure tempo and put some control/combo cards in there. Did I fail? It must also be compared to the currently existing sets. When you get rid of cards that are supposed to be control but are bad, there isn't much left anyway.
    • Alexstrasza and Nozdormu : I changed their effect instead of HoFing them for one simple reason : they're cancer as they are. I don't want them in ANY MODE neither Standard nor Wild. Alexstrasza nullifies all efforts to counter combo decks. Nozdormu is bad because it penalizes players for reasons external to the game (disabilities, bad mobile, etc...). I stand by that choice.
    • Malygos : The initial version of this post contained a lengthy explanation for each choice I knew would be controversial such as Maly but I scrapped this part because nobody would read it. I'll CP the Maly part : "Malygos is a good illustration of the difference between design space and deckbuilding space. Malygos restricts design space, namely space for cheap damaging spells. However, Malygos also created archetypes around him. Despite fears, those archetypes 1. have never been oppressive in the history of HS and 2. have varied across time. I estimate that the deckbuilding space Malygos creates is greater than the design space it restricts so I left him in the Classic set." (and yes, I will HoF Moonfire not just because of this interaction but also because it doesn't fit Druid in general).
    • Justicar Trueheart : I'm not sure why it would be too OP. The only deck that historically played Justicar were Control Priest and Control Warrior, both of which can be countered (by sustained pressure and value generation respectively). Other classes' upgraded HPs are generally not worth playing a 6mana 6/3. Having Justicar in the Classic set also show players who didn't play during TGT/Witchwood what the upgraded HPs are.
    • Subject 9 : Secrets aren't for tempo. Drawing 5 secrets (but you must first put them into your deck) may become too good at some point in the future, but like Malygos I think the deckbuilding space it opens is way greater than the design space it closes.
    • Scrapyard Colossus, Fungalmancer : I admit those were on the edge and were pretty late inclusions in my sets. Colossus is supposed to fill the role of the high-value big minion that is awesome when cheated but maybe it restricts design space too much? Fungalmancer replaces Defender of Argus/Stormwind Champion as the zoo buffer. I remember that it became playable only after the nerf to Spiteful Summonner so presumably it won't see play everywhere.
    • Arcane Devourer : My reasoning for not buffing it is that it could become broken if it is mana-cheated with the right cards. However I agree that in its current state it has no chance of seeing play. Will reduce its cost.
    • Acidic Swamp Ooze... yeah it was a mistake to replace it with Corrosive Sludge. That change was made only to keep a smooth curve. I will reintroduce it in the next version (but as a 2/2).
    • Yeah, I will continue to replace art that deserves to be replaced.

A new version of my neutral set is under way.

• Zyella's Avatar 180 106 Posts Joined 10/16/2020
    Posted 2 weeks, 2 days ago
    Quote From Cheese

To give some answers

• On the removal of Charge (which seems to be the most contentious point) : First thing is I didn't remove it completely since it is still present on Skycap'n Kragg (and will be on class legendaries). Second thing, the Charge keyword is a powerful keyword on any card especially those with a high attack/cost ratio. Having those in Core sets limits design space for future cards. Stonetusk Boar has been problematic several times (with Caverns Below and Dire Frenzy). Bluegill Warrior was problematic in Anyfin Paladin (even though that deck was never tier 1, it's uninteractive).
    • On basic cards that are supposed to be bad : The game has been powercrept to such a degree that "fair" normal cards have nearly no change of seeing play. Even if the power level of the core sets is raised, the average power level of expansions is so high that new players will quickly learn how the game works anyway. I don't think a 2/4 Patriarch and a 7/1 Rager will change that. (Shieldbearer also serves that purpose of showing that stat distribution matters).
    • On the core sets being pure tempo : I agree that my Basic set is nearly-pure tempo not by choice but as a consequence of it being simple. There's only that much you can do without advanced mechanics. For the Classic set however I tried to go beyond pure tempo and put some control/combo cards in there. Did I fail? It must also be compared to the currently existing sets. When you get rid of cards that are supposed to be control but are bad, there isn't much left anyway.
    • Alexstrasza and Nozdormu : I changed their effect instead of HoFing them for one simple reason : they're cancer as they are. I don't want them in ANY MODE neither Standard nor Wild. Alexstrasza nullifies all efforts to counter combo decks. Nozdormu is bad because it penalizes players for reasons external to the game (disabilities, bad mobile, etc...). I stand by that choice.
    • Malygos : The initial version of this post contained a lengthy explanation for each choice I knew would be controversial such as Maly but I scrapped this part because nobody would read it. I'll CP the Maly part : "Malygos is a good illustration of the difference between design space and deckbuilding space. Malygos restricts design space, namely space for cheap damaging spells. However, Malygos also created archetypes around him. Despite fears, those archetypes 1. have never been oppressive in the history of HS and 2. have varied across time. I estimate that the deckbuilding space Malygos creates is greater than the design space it restricts so I left him in the Classic set." (and yes, I will HoF Moonfire not just because of this interaction but also because it doesn't fit Druid in general).
    • Justicar Trueheart : I'm not sure why it would be too OP. The only deck that historically played Justicar were Control Priest and Control Warrior, both of which can be countered (by sustained pressure and value generation respectively). Other classes' upgraded HPs are generally not worth playing a 6mana 6/3. Having Justicar in the Classic set also show players who didn't play during TGT/Witchwood what the upgraded HPs are.
    • Subject 9 : Secrets aren't for tempo. Drawing 5 secrets (but you must first put them into your deck) may become too good at some point in the future, but like Malygos I think the deckbuilding space it opens is way greater than the design space it closes.
    • Scrapyard Colossus, Fungalmancer : I admit those were on the edge and were pretty late inclusions in my sets. Colossus is supposed to fill the role of the high-value big minion that is awesome when cheated but maybe it restricts design space too much? Fungalmancer replaces Defender of Argus/Stormwind Champion as the zoo buffer. I remember that it became playable only after the nerf to Spiteful Summonner so presumably it won't see play everywhere.
    • Arcane Devourer : My reasoning for not buffing it is that it could become broken if it is mana-cheated with the right cards. However I agree that in its current state it has no chance of seeing play. Will reduce its cost.
    • Acidic Swamp Ooze... yeah it was a mistake to replace it with Corrosive Sludge. That change was made only to keep a smooth curve. I will reintroduce it in the next version (but as a 2/2).
    • Yeah, I will continue to replace art that deserves to be replaced.

A new version of my neutral set is under way.

onyl problem charge in absic/classic is the boar and devs intoanly keep ti as its never issue on tis own(worse elve archer) they use for ,if gets sued is prolyl soemthign wrong.

Alex and nozdormy just wrong just make new version then DONT DELETE CARDS and theyre  anon fucking issue in wild.
    Ooze yeah was a msitake to replace it and DONT NERF IT ,its not an issue at all and n never has been,never will its a good TECH CARD if doesnt need netfs.

Arcane devourer is a increbdly stupid reason to not buff and FOR MAN CHEAT YoU GOT WAY BETETR OPTIONS.

Sorry but i think youre just terrible at it.

• Neoguli's Avatar Duskrider 405 245 Posts Joined 06/25/2019
    Posted 1 week, 3 days ago

Wanan try building actual decks on this site with your Core Set Chnages in mind? I think this will give you important insight on whether you succeeded or not. I've done that to my own set and took some notes that can tell me if changes need to be made.

Hearthcards deck creating enthusiast. Also previously known on Hearthpwn as Cooler39140 and Huoyan.

• MurlocAggroB's Avatar COMMENT_COUNT_400_HS 710 429 Posts Joined 06/12/2019
    Posted 1 week, 3 days ago

Magma Rager and Silverback Patriarch should never, ever change. They're too iconic. I also strongly dislike changing card art and names for the same reason.

A man is lying on the street, some punks chopped off his head

I'm the only one who stops to see if he's dead.

Hmm. Turns out he's dead.

• CursedParrot's Avatar 390 564 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 1 week, 2 days ago

I think that the 9 Mana dragons could honestly all just become 8 Mana (with some changes obviously). To compensate for the buff I think Malygos could go down to Spell Damage +4 and some of Ysera’s dream cards might have to be nerfed.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium