Custom Class - Time Traveler (Updated April 7th 2021 - Forged in the Barrens added!)

• sinti's Avatar Global Moderator Barrens Sleuth 1830 2248 Posts Joined 10/20/2018
    Posted 5 months, 3 weeks ago

Cool to see you keep up with the class, i like the mirror match quote the most! :)

Forged in the Barrens GuideCore Set 2021 - Year of the GryphonHearthstone Mercenaries
    ~ Have an idea? Found a bug? Let us know! ~
    ~ Join us on Discord ~

• Demonxz95's Avatar Content Squad Crossroads Historian 1740 1764 Posts Joined 03/19/2019
    Posted 5 months, 2 weeks ago

Stiltstepper Card Image

Literally Quick-Time.

• Demonxz95's Avatar Content Squad Crossroads Historian 1740 1764 Posts Joined 03/19/2019
    Posted 5 months, 1 week ago

Madness at the Darkmoon Faire set out.

Madness at the Darkmoon Faire

The Old Gods have each come back and are at the Darkmoon Faire, perhaps indulging in their own psychotic fun toying with people at the fair? There's fun, and there's madness... at the Darkmoon Faire! Play some carnival games, watch the performers, engage in weird culty action. Take a trip down the menagerie perhaps? This set includes some support for Menagerie decks, and some cards designed with next year preparations in mind.

Full Madness at the Darkmoon Faire set

Tokens

Minigame Master explanation

When you play Minigame Master, he will randomly select one of three minigames for you to play. If you successfully beat one, you'll get to choose a prize (a set of 4 tokens).

Spot The Real Card - You will see three versions of the same card. Two of them are fake (be it different stats, wrong grammar, or wrong class, subtle changes like that). One of them is the real card. Click/tap the real card and you win the minigame.

Cup Shuffle - Exactly as it sounds. One cup out of three has a prize. The cups will shuffle for a few seconds. Pick the correct one to win the minigame.

Lowest to Highest - Three random cards in the game, all of different mana costs, will be displayed to you. However their stats, cost, and effects are blank. You are to click/tap on the cards in the correct order from lowest mana Cost to highest mana Cost. If you're right, you win the minigame.

Prizes

Posted 3 months ago

Would you like to see the Darkmoon Faire mini-set with Time Traveler? I certainly would.

Over at the Darkmoon Faire, the magician's group has been using their supply of crystals to create mirrors and illusions. One particular mage has apparently infused herself with the crystals to create copies of herself. We suspect that Sayge has been using them for his fortune telling. Time Traveler in this set gets a few cards that go along with their dual-class themes from Scholomance Academy, with copying cards with Priest, and drawing cards with Warlock.

• ChickyChick's Avatar 365 98 Posts Joined 06/18/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Great work. However, maybe Siren of N'zoth is a bit strong compared to Tent Trasher. Also, I do not realy like the carnival game mechanic. It is a bit like Nozdormu, which in my opinion shouldn't exist, because both effects do not have anything to do with Hearthstone mechanics.

Ok

• shatterstar1998's Avatar Eevee 255 84 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Why is the class has 3 dual class cards? The mini expansion so far only bring back dual class combination within the year.

I deeply dislike Minigame Master since it is either create for you 3 cards or 0 cards. I think the "games" need to be more consistent in exchange for lower power level on the tokens.

Posted 3 months ago
    Quote From shatterstar1998

Why is the class has 3 dual class cards? The mini expansion so far only bring back dual class combination within the year.

I deeply dislike Minigame Master since it is either create for you 3 cards or 0 cards. I think the "games" need to be more consistent in exchange for lower power level on the tokens.

The mini-set only has two dual-class cards. One for the two dual-class combinations within the year.

And I think you misunderstood Minigame Master. You don't play all 3 games. You play one of them at random.

Posted 3 months ago
    Quote From Demonxz95

The mini-set only has two dual-class cards. One for the two dual-class combinations within the year.

And I think you misunderstood Minigame Master. You don't play all 3 games. You play one of them at random.

Ah. I thought the border is for Shaman lol. Oops.

And even if Minigame Master works like you said, the 66% chance of not creating a card is already too much for him to ever see play. You might get away with that on a smaller cost (like Curious Glimmerroot or Guess the Weight) but I don't think you can do that on 5 mana.

• sinti's Avatar Global Moderator Barrens Sleuth 1830 2248 Posts Joined 10/20/2018
    Posted 2 months, 4 weeks ago
    Quote From Demonxz95

And even if Minigame Master works like you said, the 66% chance of not creating a card is already too much for him to ever see play. You might get away with that on a smaller cost (like Curious Glimmerroot or Guess the Weight) but I don't think you can do that on 5 mana.

Dont think you are correct here, two of the three minigams are based on your game knowledge, you can almost guarantee to get a reward, if you know your Hearthstone cards. The only truly random one is the second one, which i agree will kinda suck if you get it and guess wrong, but i suppose it is there to "balance the scales"? So you dont "always" get a reward, and keep the gambling spirit of the card.

Forged in the Barrens GuideCore Set 2021 - Year of the GryphonHearthstone Mercenaries
    ~ Join us on Discord ~

Quote From sinti
    Quote From Demonxz95

Dont think you are correct here, two of the three minigams are based on your game knowledge, you can almost guarantee to get a reward, if you know your Hearthstone cards. The only truly random one is the second one, which i agree will kinda suck if you get it and guess wrong, but i suppose it is there to "balance the scales"? So you dont "always" get a reward, and keep the gambling spirit of the card.

The second one isn't even "fully" random. It's literally just one of those ball-cup shuffle games where you follow which cup has the ball.

Quote From Demonxz95
    Show Spoiler
    Quote From sinti
    Quote From Demonxz95

The second one isn't even "fully" random. It's literally just one of those ball-cup shuffle games where you follow which cup has the ball.

Oh, i guess the description of the mini-game isnt exactly clear: "One cup out of three has a prize. The cups will shuffle for a few seconds. Pick the correct one to win the minigame."

That sounds to me like 3 cups will shuffle and then i get to choose one. Nothing there says the correct one would be shown to me at the start and that i would be able to follow the shuffle process. But not a big deal in general.

~ Join us on Discord ~

Quote From sinti
    Quote From Demonxz95
    Show Spoiler
    Quote From sinti
    Quote From Demonxz95

Oh, i guess the description of the mini-game isnt exactly clear: "One cup out of three has a prize. The cups will shuffle for a few seconds. Pick the correct one to win the minigame."

That sounds to me like 3 cups will shuffle and then i get to choose one. Nothing there says the correct one would be shown to me at the start and that i would be able to follow the shuffle process. But not a big deal in general.

The fact that you see the ball and then are able to follow it is literally just a standard part of every cup shuffle game that exists.

Posted 1 month, 3 weeks ago

Ladies and gentlemen. Presenting, the 2021 Core Set for Time Traveler!

• Future Sight, Accelerate Time, Harness Time, Quicksand, Sandstorm, Parallel Dimensions, Temporal Golem, and Black Hole from the original Core set remain.
    • Manaweaver, Portalwraith, Cyber Punk, Sapphire Maiden, Bullet Time, Quick Strike, and Tomb Guardian are introduced to the Core set after each originating from expansion sets (after Cyber Punk was also brought back during Doom in the Tomb).
    • Cyber Punk, Sapphire Maiden, and Temporal Golem all receive a +1 Health buff.
    • Starace, Solar Entity is the only completely new card added to the Core set.\

But that's not all because Year of the Gryphon also brings Time Traveler a new alternate hero. Say hello to Nina Clockenwerk. All you have to do to unlock her is win 10 Standard games during Year of the Gryphon.

• Dreams's Avatar Banned Pikachu 335 290 Posts Joined 11/05/2020
    Posted 1 month, 1 week ago

Future Sight: This card is broken to me this is often a better version of Tracking

Manaweaver : It has no tribe so giving this minion +1 health shouldn't be much of an issue and that makes it an instant staple in nearly all time traveler decks I like the idea of it.

Accelerate Time : Solid card in the late game  for control/midrange to draw something like Black Hole at turn 10 and be able to play it since the cost is reduced. Not to mention you activate quick-time with card draw.

Portalwraith : Doesn't seem too great to me, it depends on how strong elementals are in the meta but the card just seems a little awkward to have quick-time on it. It's not really worth copying so you would have to rely on drawing it but cards like Future sight will help you achieve that. A 2 mana 2/3 draw a card isn't too good after turn 3 especially with a condition on it. It would be good if you could tutor something with it. Maybe make it draw a quick-time card or draw an elemental. Either or.

Cyber Punk : I don't know if this card is broken or not but I love it, seems like a lot of fun I would want to play this after a big aoe Black Hole 

Harness Time : A balanced draw spell this can be slow for 4 mana but at least it's balanced, you could even add quick-time draw 3 but that might be demon hunter levels of broken, maybe even quick-time reduce by 2 instead.

Quicksand : It's a 4 mana sap but it disrupts your opponent's card draw that's actually really strong. This card may need to be bumped to 5 mana. Also you can target your own minion, don't know why you would do that but interesting nonetheless.

Sandstorm : A balanced aoe card not much needs to be said, good card.

Sapphire Maiden :  A good 5 drop. 4/5 5 drop minions like these can be kind of slow but the trade off of copying one of the 3 cards at the top of your deck makes it a solid card. 

Bullet Time : It sounds good but the problem is a lot of the quick-time effects in the core set are worded in way that make it seem like this card wouldn't trigger them. Black Hole destroys enemy minions for it's quick-time effect so Bullet Time wouldn't really be useful since it's for "this turn". Tomb Guardian is a 6 mana 5/7 and all it does is shuffle a copy in your deck and shuffling an ogre with taunt in your deck isn't that great either unless you're able to buff it I suppose if it summons an exact copy. The point is Bullet Time doesn't have any good targets so this card seems like it would be in a very specific deck with a specific card is looks to trigger. 

Parallel Dimensions : A solid card that activates the quick-time effects of any cards you draw. If you play them that turn that is, Drawing something like Black Hole would be useless as it is too expensive. Maybe add reduce the cost of drawn cards by 1 to this.

Quick Strike : You could have made this a nature card but it is still a great card nonetheless. We all seen the havoc Rogue brought with a 0 mana deal 4.

Tomb Guardian : If you draw this as a 6 mana 5/7 it isn't good. If you're able to buff it or reduce the cost enough it has potential maybe but I don't think this is great. If you can't reduce this to a good cost it's just average at best. I think Quick-time: summon a copy of this minion might be better.

Temporal Golem : Good 3 drop not much else to say I was gonna call it insane until I remembered Paladin has Goody Two-Shields...

Black Hole : It's power creeped Twisting Nether but I still like it. Solid card.

Starace, Solar Entity : It has the potential to be insane but it can be underwhelming at times if you don't discover anything good. It has a mech tag too which seemed kind of random but a mech that discovers mechs would be great with this. I don't know how good discovering a 1/1 mech would be though. Maybe some strong mech deathrattle deck with this and discovering multiple Staraces that would be cool.

One thing I will say is I feel the early game of the core set needs to be tightened up. Which is why I really recommend that Manaweaver change to add +1 hp to it and maybe even giving it a tribe.

That's my feedback on your core set.

(Just coded your cards all red because it was more simple for me)

Banned for spamming.

You might've misunderstood Future Sight. You don't draw a card or anything. You just look at the top 4 cards of your deck and then put them back on top in whatever order you want, but you don't draw afterwards.

• Dreams's Avatar Banned Pikachu 335 290 Posts Joined 11/05/2020
    Quote From Demonxz95

You might've misunderstood Future Sight. You don't draw a card or anything. You just look at the top 4 cards of your deck and then put them back on top in whatever order you want, but you don't draw afterwards.

Yeah that's pretty strong it can allow you to curve out perfectly but it does have a downside of using up a hand space slot. So you would probably need a good amount of draw in your deck to run Future Sigh

Banned for spamming.

Posted 1 month ago

Oil Rig Ambusher Card Image

More Quick-Time!

Posted 4 weeks ago

I mostly like your Core set beside Bullet Time (which can easily be solved if it is ever problematic by nerfing the Mana cost). Black Hole Eclipse absolutely need the Shadow tag.

Question: Do you plan to put the Arcane tag on your "Time" spells? I think it's a major decision that will impact your set synergy with spell school going forward.

Spells from other set that I think should have the new tribal tag on them:

Show Spoiler

• Arcane: Energy Blast, Mirror Match, Disturbed Flow, Astral Storm, Astral Discoveries, Rift Bomb, Guild Teleport, Cosmic Portal, Cosmic Breath, Volley of Comet, Mirrored Madness
    • Shadow: Rift Blaster, Dark Replication, Rift Potion, Rift Blaster, Unlock the Rift + The Rift, Sarax's Emergency Rift + Sealed Rift, Vortex Shift
    • Nature: Temporal Storm, Elemental Energy, Twilight Wormhole
    • Frost: Frozen Reflection

Posted 2 weeks, 1 day ago

Forged in the Barrens now out!

Our journey into the Barrens follows Infinis Tempor, a young bronze dragon with ties to the Bronze Dragonflight who learns of his draconic nature and ability to use time magic through his journey with Elise into Un'Goro crater after awakening Eternos the Time Lord. Though he is far from a master in the arts of time magic, he is making quick strides in his journey to become better and aspires to be the best he can be. Why exactly he's found himself in the Barrens is not clear yet though.

Full Forged in the Barrens set

Tokens

Infinis Tempor is the mercenary for Time Traveler in this set. In continuing the theme of all the mercenaries having different races, Infinis is a bronze dragon. His Rank Up spell card depicts him in his dragon form whereas his Legendary card depicts him in his human form. His story will be expanded upon in Book of Mercenaries.

With Year of the Gryphon out, you can now unlock Nina Clockenwerk to use as your hero. She will eventually come into play at some point too.

I am not looking forward to having to tag all my old spell cards..........

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium