Resurrect & Eternal Servitude

360 383 Posts Joined 06/01/2019
    Posted 4 years, 9 months ago

Before I start I will concede that yes Big Priest does have legit counters, even control decks (such as Reno Mage when specifically teching transform effects to target both priest & warlock). However, I still have felt that priest's resurrect spells have been undercosted since they were printed, well Resurrect & Eternal Servitude specifically.

While it wouldn't be a Big change (See what I did there? Oh okay, ignore my campy jokes) it would still be a QoL change that would target a little of the high roll swinginess possible by the playstyle.

My changes would merely be mana cost in nature.

Bump Resurrect to 4 mana & Eternal Servitude to 5 or 6 mana.

My rationale for the Resurrect change is that is has always been mindblowingly undercosted for what it has always been used for (resurrecting a 6-10 mana minion). Unless some poor chap picks it in arena you are never rezzing something lower than 4 mana (and even then you still get something better a good handful of the time). 

Eternal Servitude changing would be for the same type of reasoning, compounded by the fact that you have massive control over what you get back due to discover.

Thoughts?

240 142 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

We could choose to balance all this cards on current Big Priest iteration, starting on the idea that Barnes and Vargoth are fine.

We can image a curve that have the first "big" effect at (4) with Barnes and Resurrection, while having the second better effect at (6) with Shadow Essence and Eternal Servitude... Then at (7) the spellstone and at (9) the mass resurrection. Knowing that you cannot combo Vargoth with neither in the same turn, they are fine.

This could be better then killing Barnes. However, it would hardly accomplish anything, as Big Priest power level is not about how many threat you summon per turn, but for how many turns you can summon threats. The strenght of the archetype is aroung a lot of cards, no nerf will fix that.

110 6 Posts Joined 06/08/2019

big priest is the scourge of wild, for forever... see a big priest, just quit... make sure they don't enjoy their wins.

Red Riding Hood 1570 1062 Posts Joined 03/31/2019

sturobhaas:

To be honest I've been playing Even Shaman in Wild which although lost some power a while ago, has a chance against big priest with 2 devolves and 2 hexes.  Also a Hungry Dragon to summon them something crap.

I kinda didn't mind when I lose against other decks as long as I killed the big priests often with vargoth/barnes on turn 4.

Still hit my target of rank 5 so it's all good.   (74% 29-10 from rank 12).

Looking at my stats looks like I had 11 priest games of which I won 9 :)  (a couple of them might not have been big/res priest though).

All generalizations are false.

E.V.I.L. Dragon 385 20 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

Why don't they just nerf Resurrect to "Summon a 2/2 version of a random minion that died this game" and Eternal Servitude do something similar, but for a 4/4. I've always felt like Barnes is totally fine as a standalone card (because it only summons you a 1/1). Sure, cards like Y'shaarj and Ragnoros are still powerful as 1/1, 2/2, 4/4 but they're not broken. Reduce the size of the bodies that are resurrected and I think the problem goes away (or at least becomes way more manageable). 

335 98 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

I think resurrections should just be fixed to resurrect stats accurately.

If a 1/1 died, resurrect the 1/1. If a 5/5 died, resurrect the 5/5. 

Either that or make Barnes and Shadow Essence summon tokens instead of actual copies of minions. Both lead to the same result.

Psst! Hey, you want to play a couple of fun (albeit pointless) gamebooks? Become a king here, and a babysitter here.

Child of Galakrond 355 144 Posts Joined 06/12/2019
    Posted 4 years, 6 months ago

cool

Jacks.Co

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

ODYN
    0 Users Here