New Priest Spell - Activate the Obelisk

• Arthas's Avatar 185 457 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 4 months, 1 week ago

A new Legendary Priest Spell, Activate the Obelisk, has been revealed!

Activate the Obelisk Card ImageObelisk's Eye Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Saviors of Uldum

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Saviors of Uldum!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• kaladin's Avatar 210 329 Posts Joined 03/13/2019

Seems really strong in the late game and with some of the new cards, is already getting support.  AND the upgraded hero power is objectively much better and not simply an exchange for a different hero power.  

Of what we've seen of the quests so far, this is the best one IMO.

Here are just some of my current decks: Highlander Thief Rogue, Highlander Obelisk Priest

• Alfi's Avatar Bulbasaur 295 188 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

What is the HP??

-=alfi=-

• CursedParrot's Avatar 125 59 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

2-Mana Restore 3 Health. If you targeted a Minion, also give it +3/+3

• Lightspoon's Avatar Merfolk 375 341 Posts Joined 04/01/2019

• AliRadicali's Avatar 400 623 Posts Joined 06/06/2019

You could fulfil the condition with a single Circle of Healing or divine hymn in theory, especially if you include cards like Injured blademaster, high-health taunts and Wild pyromancer. The quest reward is really strong and flexible.

I could definitely see midrange priest become a real deck thanks to this quest.

Edit: I just realised Hench-Clan Shadequill would also contribute to completing the quest. Seems like a pretty sweet deal to play that card all of a sudden.

• Kovachut's Avatar HearthStationeer 525 616 Posts Joined 03/31/2019

Interesting card for zoo and inner fire priest.

[edit] Question - so if I am reading it correctly, the HP gives +3/+6, right? It restores 3 health AND grants a minion +3/+3. That's very strong.

by Kovachut 2 months, 3 weeks ago
    13 11080 2855 33
    17 12540 2455 10

• Meteorite12's Avatar Garrosh 300 245 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Quote From Kovachut

Interesting card for zoo and inner fire priest.

[edit] Question - so if I am reading it correctly, the HP gives +3/+6, right? It restores 3 health AND grants a minion +3/+3. That's very strong.

Yeah, pretty much. Long as the minion is damaged it’s up to a 6 health gain on it.

Really the only downside I see to running this card is that it effectively shuts you out of using Auchenai, but that hasn’t really been too popular lately anyways.0

Who needs consistency when you could have fun?

• Lightspoon's Avatar Merfolk 375 341 Posts Joined 04/01/2019

Something that seems good... For Priest ! It looks pretty good, with tons of flexibility and the reward is a sort of better Justicar Trueheart's upgrade so it doesn't completly "change" the playstyle.

I really hope that something like a sort of control/tempo deck will show up, using strong minion like Injured Blademaster to both put pressure and build up healing for the quest, then starting snowballing with the HP buff during the mid game.

• Bresson's Avatar 55 7 Posts Joined 07/02/2019

Looks really good. Neferset Ritualist keeps looking better.

• Teuton's Avatar 110 36 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

Sorry, I must have missed that, but Why can you not use Auchenai? Even if the damage on minions is cancelled out, the three damage buff should still apply. And it could serve as a 3 dmg ping face. 

• ThatFinn's Avatar 85 32 Posts Joined 07/04/2019

Seems like a great card as it strictly upgrades your heropower. In lategame the buff isnt as valuable but still the hp is strong enough that it could see play as a standalone card. Ability to pump that out every turn is really strong and it works well with reborn minions both before and after the quest has been completed.

• MightFenix's Avatar Eevee 60 10 Posts Joined 06/26/2019

Once the quest is completed, the fact of restoring 3 health and giving +3/+3 every turn for 2 mana is extremely powerful. Idk if it will be viable but the reward is really good

Because of this quest, priest players have a reason to heal their opponent's faces and emote. "The light shall burn you" and "Greetings" sound intimidating now more than ever.

13 11080 2855 33
    17 12540 2455 10

• DrGoodie's Avatar 100 53 Posts Joined 04/07/2019
    Quote From Teuton

Sorry, I must have missed that, but Why can you not use Auchenai? Even if the damage on minions is cancelled out, the three damage buff should still apply. And it could serve as a 3 dmg ping face. 

Because you need to Heal in order to complete the Quest. With Auchenai, all your healing is turned into damage. Not only that, but once you have upgraded your Hero Power, once you use it it effectively becomes a 2 mana +3 Atk on friendly minions with more than 3 health

• NegativeNemsy's Avatar 100 49 Posts Joined 07/10/2019

This seems insane in wild considering Greater Healing Potion almost single handedly completes the quest.  RIP Surrender to Madness; We hardly knew ye.

• Yusuke's Avatar 150 112 Posts Joined 06/02/2019

Wow, a pretty good quest for priest.

Crystallizer autoinclude in quest priest?

• Chimera's Avatar Senior Moderator HearthStationeer 610 704 Posts Joined 10/22/2018
    Quote From Alfi

What is the HP??

Whoops, added it to the OP!

Now, thia is a quest! I am going to play the shit out of this. Awesome reward. 

• Livesage's Avatar 50 11 Posts Joined 06/06/2019

Will this buff a minion with full health? From the wording it sounds like it would, but if it doesn't then that significantly reduces its power.

Quote From Livesage

Will this buff a minion with full health? From the wording it sounds like it would, but if it doesn't then that significantly reduces its power.

It will. It doesn't matter, if you restore any health to it (although that would count as a bonus). The HP states that you only need to target A minion, in order to give it +3/+3.

13 11080 2855 33
    17 12540 2455 10

• Xzecutus's Avatar 140 9 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

I think it's going to be difficult to have enough damage to heal before the game gets too late making the reward for this less relevant. This card feels better in wild in my opinion, with just more ways to AoE damage minions.

• kaladin's Avatar 210 329 Posts Joined 03/13/2019
    Quote From Xzecutus

I think it's going to be difficult to have enough damage to heal before the game gets too late making the reward for this less relevant. This card feels better in wild in my opinion, with just more ways to AoE damage minions.

Cleric + Pyromancer + 0-cost spell + Circle/

Here are just some of my current decks: Highlander Thief Rogue, Highlander Obelisk Priest

• Hydrafrog's Avatar 300 183 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

So dumb.  

• iWatchUSleep's Avatar 375 456 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Quote From NegativeNemsy

This seems insane in wild considering Greater Healing Potion almost single handedly completes the quest.  RIP Surrender to Madness; We hardly knew ye.

Except there's no deck in wild that would gain much from this.

Card seems good for standard though.

• Bersak's Avatar 265 191 Posts Joined 06/12/2019

It‘s allmost impossible that this won’t see play. 

1. The reward is completly insane. A buff between +3/+3 and +3/+6 is on blessing of Kings level. For two mana. As a heropower. I don‘t even know why we discuss that. When priest ever manages to get the bord, the game is over. 

2. Healing 15 Health is a natural thing for priests. Reborn minions can be healed btw. Sure, it‘s not done by turn 5 but this would be way to overpowered. You want to play the long game with this anyways. 

Winner winner chicken dinner

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.