New Neutral Minion - Peasant

• Arthas's Avatar Black Lotus 860 2321 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 3 months, 2 weeks ago

A new Common Neutral Minion, Peasant, has been revealed!

Peasant Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about United in Stormwind

Head on over to our dedicated guide for United in Stormwind!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

Your friendly neighbourhood bot!
    Like what I'm doing? Disable ads and unlock cosmetics with Out of Cards Premium!

• UVE's Avatar 940 745 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

"At the start of your turn" effects are weak and ppl doesn't use to play It.

Nat Pagle la better and don't see any play.

By The Holy Light!

• Brandon's Avatar Old God Fanatic 840 1225 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Hmm seems like a HORRIBLE card. 1 health is way too fragile, and it's a start of turn effect. Start of turn effects have only been good on Doomsayer and Skull of the Man'ari and that's basicly it... and lets not start talking about the caravans... 

RNG is only fun as long as there is a 50/50 chance of getting something really good or trash level of bad. If RNG always results in something good, then it's not fun.

• Lundy's Avatar Protector of Elwynn 1105 499 Posts Joined 06/21/2019

Nat Pagle, but cheaper and guaranteed draw... if it survives. Unfortunately, this will almost always be killed immediately, making it useless.

• Alfi's Avatar Devoted Academic 1545 1150 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Too bad it dies to everything

-=alfi=-

• Cheese's Avatar 250 156 Posts Joined 05/30/2019

To me it looks like the set's inconspicuously broken neutral common. Many decks can't ping on turn 1, or only at a cost.

"More work?"

• dapperdog's Avatar Dragon Scholar 1385 2909 Posts Joined 07/29/2019

Its a card that basically asks your opponent to question your sanity.

The only time I expect this to see this card competitively in ranked is that the other player is subliminally signalling to me that he's trying to complete achievements rather than play seriously. Outside of that this peasant is covered in shit and will likely never see play.

• Synnr7's Avatar 735 480 Posts Joined 07/19/2019

Cute pack filler. 

I like this card only because it hurts First Day of School.

Casual Dragon Cardgame enthusiast. 

• HuntardHuntard's Avatar Mailbox Dancer 600 384 Posts Joined 12/03/2019

I feel as though this card is getting underestimated. As cheese said, not many classes can kill it t1. A paladin could play it on t1 then follow up with a Hand of Adal on t2. It reminds me of when paladin played knight of anointment on 1 and used the hand it drew with it on 2. The only issue is you would rather play knight of anointment on 1 instead of this on 1. I am for sure going to give this a shot early on.

Your face is already dead

• Geno9999's Avatar Ice Rager 985 354 Posts Joined 11/10/2019

The fact that it's 1 mana helps a lot, since you can play this on turn 1 going first and almost always get a draw from him...

Any later than that and he's effectively just a 2/1. Pass.

• FieselFitz's Avatar Anduin 735 1030 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Pack Filler - if the effect would be at the end of your turn this could see play. But not like this.

Challenge me ... when you're ready to duel a god!

• aposteljoe's Avatar COMMENT_COUNT_400_HS 690 425 Posts Joined 06/18/2019

Easy 1-star rating. It will die to easily and you don't want a card the may draw you a card in 1 out 20 games. Also a bad top deck later on.

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Bloodfeather 1490 3226 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

If this ever sees play the game is completely fucked

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• Hydrafrog's Avatar Gul'dan 1480 2531 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

This goes up there with the Caravans.  It is a nuisance minion that should be dealt with because the effect will irritate the opponent

• KANSAS's Avatar Old God Fanatic 1735 2904 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

I like the flavor and art. But I mean come on, who the heck thought this card was worth printing? If you go first and if this starts in your opening hand and if your opponent doesn't use the coin to kill it then you to draw a single extra card for 1 mana. I am calling it now, this is the worst card in the set.

I also think it is weird that this would be featured in the announcement video. They only get to showcase a small number of cards to tell us what the set is about and create a good first impression. You'd think they would pick something more exciting. It isn't a big deal or anything, I just think it's an odd decision.

Carrion, my wayward grub.

• Pezman's Avatar Academy Adventurer 1715 1564 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

Caravans have barely seen play because they never last, even with 3 health. Yes, this comes down on turn 1, but still, 1 health? Nope.

• KANSAS's Avatar Old God Fanatic 1735 2904 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Quote From HuntardHuntard

I feel as though this card is getting underestimated. As cheese said, not many classes can kill it t1. A paladin could play it on t1 then follow up with a Hand of Adal on t2. It reminds me of when paladin played knight of anointment on 1 and used the hand it drew with it on 2. The only issue is you would rather play knight of anointment on 1 instead of this on 1. I am for sure going to give this a shot early on.

This is definitely a strong play on turn 1 especially if you can buff it. The problem is that literally any later than turn 1 and it is completely useless. Even going second you will have only seen roughly 16-17% of your deck by that point. Even if you hard mulligan with two copies you may still at best get it once every other game. And even then there is no guarantee you will be able to follow up with Hand of A'dal

Carrion, my wayward grub.

• Tumbleweedovski's Avatar Protector of Elwynn 1130 482 Posts Joined 06/12/2019

Aggresive arena decks wouldn't be sad to draft this card. That's about the only angle I can see this card getting any play.

Arena > Wild > Standard

• SilverWolf's Avatar Tauren Chieftain Addict 860 793 Posts Joined 04/01/2019

Only good on turn 1 because it has very high chances to survive and the broom will no be used on turn 1, but it's not very strong

• GoddammitDontShootMe's Avatar Protector of Elwynn 1330 531 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

I don't think this will be drawing very many cards. Maybe if you can play it on turn 1.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium