New Hunter Minion - The Rat King

• Arthas's Avatar Black Lotus 860 2321 Posts Joined 03/10/2019 House Light is On
    Posted 3 months ago

A new Legendary Hunter Minion, The Rat King, has been revealed!

The Rat King Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about United in Stormwind

Head on over to our dedicated guide for United in Stormwind!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

Your friendly neighbourhood bot!
    Like what I'm doing? Disable ads and unlock cosmetics with Out of Cards Premium!

• Hydrafrog's Avatar Gul'dan 1480 2531 Posts Joined 05/28/2019 House Light is Off
    Posted 3 months ago

This has a lot of potential with the class.  Hunter can easily produce a number of minions to rush at something and die in a turn

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Skeleton 1530 3238 Posts Joined 03/25/2019 House Light is On
    Posted 3 months ago

Unless this is a mistranslation this doesn't require the 5 minions to die on the same turn, right? This basically means that you can just throw this into a regualr midrange deck without particular token support and just have a consistently recycling 5/5 with Rush.

Maybe Midrange HUnter will actually be a thing again, this is some serious lategame pressure

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• Geno9999's Avatar Ice Rager 995 354 Posts Joined 11/10/2019 House Light is On
    Posted 3 months ago

"Rats, we're rats, we're the rats! We prey at night, we stalk at night, we're the rats!"
    "I'm the giant rat that makes all of da rules, let's see what kind of trouble we can get ourselves into!"

5/5 Rush for 5 is eh, but it's the deathrattle that really makes this interesting, assuming that it's not restricted to one turn. However, Hunter is really wishing they still had stuff like Springpaw, Desert Spear, Unleash the Hounds, or even Swarm of Locusts. As it stands, expect it to only revive like 1 or 2 times ever.

• Synnr7's Avatar 755 480 Posts Joined 07/19/2019 House Light is On
    Posted 3 months ago

Recurring fast minion, yes please. Decent body and not too hard to revive. Solid card for sure.

Casual Dragon Cardgame enthusiast. 

• Tumbleweedovski's Avatar Protector of Elwynn 1150 483 Posts Joined 06/12/2019 House Light is On
    Posted 3 months ago

How often can you realistically expect this deathrattle to trigger in a game? I think you should count yourself lucky if it triggers twice. Still, that's 3 5/5's with rush. That's good value. Main questions is: which deck wants to do this? Besides an Unseal the Vault deck in Wild I can't think of any. Maybe this card is good enough on it's own and doesn't need support to be good.

Arena > Wild > Standard

• randomfan's Avatar Lion's Guard 975 568 Posts Joined 03/17/2019 House Light is On
    Posted 3 months ago

This also looks like a fun card. Giving Hunter some longer term value through the game is nice. Maybe this enables some playstyles that don't revolve around me go face.

Unfortunately, common sense isn't as common as it should be.

• Trimutius's Avatar 1525 2257 Posts Joined 03/16/2019 House Light is On
    Posted 3 months ago

Hey first guy who was in BGs first and then revealed as a card. I think... But can be powerful, but needs synergies so doesn't neccesarily make existing decks stronger.

I am envoy from nowhere in nowhere. Nobody and nothing have sent me. And even though it is impossible I exist. ©Trimutius

• ElSabidon's Avatar Salty Dog 735 602 Posts Joined 06/07/2019 House Light is On
    Posted 3 months ago

So, technically, with enough copies and by trading them one at a time, you can have an endless supply of The Rat Kings. That being said, it doesn't have Trample, so he feels way too fair.

Rating cards on coolness factor rather than predicting power because I like screwing up rating averages (and because I suck at predicting real power levels, but we'll ignore that LUL)
    Wins per class (31/8/21): DH-162; Druid-920Hunter-906; Mage-1003; Paladin-1067; Priest-688; Rogue-935; Shaman-996; Warlock-805; Warrior-789

• Me0203's Avatar 660 396 Posts Joined 06/13/2019 House Light is On
    Posted 3 months ago

I don't care how strong it is -  I'll be making a meme deck where I fill my board with six copies of this, for sure!

AN ENDLESS SUPPLY OF RATS >:D

Better call Thrall!

• NegativeNemsy's Avatar 325 153 Posts Joined 07/10/2019 House Light is On
    Posted 3 months ago

Nice synergy with Tavish Stormpike.

• KANSAS's Avatar Old God Fanatic 1735 2904 Posts Joined 03/25/2019 House Light is On
    Posted 3 months ago

I like it.

It doesn't seem terribly powerful, but it is unique and just strong enough to build some fun decks with him. This is also another step towards building some kind of swarm hunter with all of the hyena tokens.

Carrion, my wayward grub.

• dapperdog's Avatar Dragon Scholar 1385 2919 Posts Joined 07/29/2019 House Light is On
    Posted 3 months ago

This is just a 5 star card. Having rush is good. Being able to come back from death is better.

So you play this card and rush into something. At some point of time you'd reload the board and your opponent has to now play in such a way that this doesn't just come back when they've spent all their mana removing your board. Even if your opponent decides not to kill anything, you can simply run your own minions to their deaths and this comes right back with rush to boot.

And its a beast. Amazing.

All in all, the only reason this wouldn't see play is because the dominant hunter is yet again face for days. Otherwise, this fits neatly into nearly everything hunter could want.

• Pezman's Avatar Academy Adventurer 1715 1564 Posts Joined 06/03/2019 House Light is On
    Posted 3 months ago

Does nobody remember Sherazin, Corpse Flower? Same idea, but a much better card overall. Sherazin didn't see much play, but this might.

• Horus's Avatar Skeleton 2040 2310 Posts Joined 05/29/2019 House Light is On
    Posted 3 months ago

5 mana 5/5, commit a slot of your board for the rest of the game
    Not sure, but at least intrigued

Struggle with Heroic Galakrond's Awakening? I got your back : 

• JackJimson's Avatar 595 581 Posts Joined 11/19/2019 House Light is On
    Posted 3 months ago

I don't think this will fit in the current existing archetype of face hunter but may help the return of a new archetype (i.e midrange).

This makes me think of a slower but persistent Imprisoned Vilefiend. This needs token support though to get the most mileage, Kolkar Pack Runner, Sin'dorei Scentfinder, Wolpertinger, and Adorable Infestation first come to mind.

• FieselFitz's Avatar Prince Charming 805 1044 Posts Joined 05/29/2019 House Light is On
    Posted 3 months ago

I love this Card. Maybe some sort of Rat Hunter will emerge and rule over all ? :) :) 

Challenge me ... when you're ready to duel a god!

• Brandon's Avatar Old God Fanatic 840 1225 Posts Joined 05/29/2019 House Light is On
    Posted 3 months ago

Super interesting card. This synergizes very well with Kolkar Pack Runner, Wolpertinger, Sin'dorei Scentfinder and Rats of Extraordinary Size. Seems very solid so far. 

In wild it will probably also work well in Unseal the Vault hunter.

Overall a solid card, that will probably see a bunch of play.

RNG is only fun as long as there is a 50/50 chance of getting something really good or trash level of bad. If RNG always results in something good, then it's not fun.

• PopeNeia's Avatar Darkmaster 565 737 Posts Joined 07/06/2019 House Light is On
    Posted 3 months ago

Doesn’t go face, so probably won’t see any play outside of fun decks like Quest Hunter

This ain't no place for a hero

• Erodos's Avatar Crossroads Historian 745 857 Posts Joined 05/29/2019 House Light is On
    Posted 3 months ago

Good card, but seems a bit too slow for hunter. It usually wants to do its big board summoning in the early game with Kolkar Pack Runner, while playing solitary big dudes (Trampling Rhino) and face things after turn 5.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium