New Druid Minion - Sheldras Moontree

• Arthas's Avatar Black Lotus 840 2195 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 1 week, 1 day ago

A new Legendary Druid Minion, Sheldras Moontree, has been revealed!

Sheldras Moontree Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about United in Stormwind

Head on over to our dedicated guide for United in Stormwind!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

Your friendly neighbourhood bot!
    Like what I'm doing? Disable ads and unlock cosmetics with Out of Cards Premium!

• Tetsuo's Avatar Ice Rager 745 533 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 1 week, 1 day ago

This is some pretty crazy design. Too bad Fungal Fortunes was nerfed from 2 mana, it would've been hilarious with this 

Legend: Season 74, 77, 80, 81, 82, 86

• Trimutius's Avatar 1505 2126 Posts Joined 03/16/2019
    Posted 1 week, 1 day ago

you want to cheat out something like Survival of the Fittest with it. Guardian Animals and Cenarion Ward are fine too

I am envoy from nowhere in nowhere. Nobody and nothing have sent me. And even though it is impossible I exist. ©Trimutius

• Hydrafrog's Avatar Gul'dan 1480 2509 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 1 week, 1 day ago

This makes my delicate sensibilities hurt

• Synnr7's Avatar 715 458 Posts Joined 07/19/2019
    Posted 1 week, 1 day ago

Looking forward to the crazy combos people use this for in wild. Can't wait.

Casual Dragon Cardgame enthusiast. 

• KANSAS's Avatar Old God Fanatic 1725 2850 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 1 week, 1 day ago

This is very interesting. I imagine this is something people will continue to experiment with for a while. The value is insane, but hard to control. It is varied, but not random. You can use Primordial Protector to tutor out expensive spells, other than that I don't see a way to get a specific outcome. This will definitely be fun to play around with.

Carrion, my wayward grub.

• dapperdog's Avatar Dragon Scholar 1365 2717 Posts Joined 07/29/2019
    Posted 1 week, 1 day ago

Its pretty insane when it works, or completely unplayable when it doesn't.

This into Survival of the Fittest can easily just seal the game from there. Even at very worst, it can draw you three cards for each spell it casts for free.

But when it doesn't work i.e. when you can't ramp, or you've drawn your big spells, or if you whiff the three free spells, then you're basically playing 8 mana 5/5, which in many cases means death.

• Pezman's Avatar Academy Adventurer 1715 1551 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 1 week, 1 day ago

This is insanely good! Druid has so many high-cost spells that don't require targeting. Imagine drawing, in this order, Celestial Alignment, Nourish, and then pretty much anything else.

• Geno9999's Avatar Ice Rager 915 291 Posts Joined 11/10/2019
    Posted 1 week, 1 day ago

Scary is probably an understatement for this guy. Though I don't think Cast When Drawn procs the Corruption of Carnival Clown, casting Survival of the Fittest or Cenarion Ward for free is still the nuts.

• Horus's Avatar Mankrik's Wife 2030 2208 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 1 week, 1 day ago
    Quote From Synnr7

Looking forward to the crazy combos people use this for in wild. Can't wait.

Give it a week top, after release, and someone will find a way to break the game with this

Struggle with Heroic Galakrond's Awakening? I got your back : 

• randomfan's Avatar Academy Sleuth 940 567 Posts Joined 03/17/2019
    Posted 1 week, 1 day ago

I think this will be one of those legendaries that looks incredibly strong based solely on the effect but turns out to not work in a viable deck. Maximum value means running only big spells that don't need a target. Druid doesn't really have a game plan that relies on low cost control minions to wait for the big spells to come in. Maybe it can be made to work with Primordial Protector decks. I didn't watch the reveal, do we know if the  Cast When Drawn mechanic will also serve to corrupt cards in hand?

Unfortunately, common sense isn't as common as it should be.

• FieselFitz's Avatar Anduin 675 978 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 1 week, 1 day ago

Very interesting and indeed scary !

Good card.

Challenge me ... when you're ready to duel a god!

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Bloodfeather 1460 3096 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 1 week, 1 day ago

Just seems a tad slow for my taste, but I guess it corrupts Strongman at least.

Still pushing "do nothing then win" Druid I guess

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• Brandon's Avatar Old God Fanatic 820 1149 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 1 week, 1 day ago

hmm very highrolly card. 

Seems interesting with cards such as Survival of the Fittest, Cenarion Ward and Celestial Alignment stuff.

But it can only super lowroll with cards like Innervate and Lightning Bloom.

The only deck i can see it getting played in is honestly Celestial Alignment druid, for other decks it might be a bit akward to slot it in considering it costs 8 mana.

RNG is only fun, as long as there is a 50/50 chance of getting something good or bad. If RNG always results in something good, it's not fun.

• Erodos's Avatar Crossroads Historian 740 829 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 1 week, 1 day ago

It's mana cheat, so it's bound to be good. Will be hard to manipulate it to always highroll, but if it does it's gamewinning (Guardian Animals, Survival of the Fittest, Cenarion Ward being the most obvious highrolls).

• anchorm4n's Avatar The Cake Is A Lie 1570 1595 Posts Joined 03/13/2019
    Posted 1 week, 1 day ago

Hmmm... consistency will be this guys biggest problem, but it sure is a super fun card. Maybe there's a way to abuse this with Celestial Alignment as well.

I notice I am confused. Something I believe isn't true. How do I know what I think I know?
    Harry James Potter-Evans-Verres, hpmor.com

• Caro's Avatar 1355 941 Posts Joined 03/12/2020
    Posted 1 week, 1 day ago

More mana cheating for a deck that loves mana cheating (aka Clown Druid). Very cool card, I'm sure it'll definitely see play, as long as Druid has lots of high cost spells. Only thing is, Carnival Clown won't get corrupted if a SotF was cast when drawn, so maybe this card doesn't go into that deck, or you remove the Clown

• aposteljoe's Avatar COMMENT_COUNT_350_HS 680 369 Posts Joined 06/18/2019
    Posted 1 week, 1 day ago

The problem I see is that a Druid who wants to cast GA oder Survival of this, is likely to run ramp spells as well. And I want to control, when to cast my Lightning Bloom and not randomly at the beginning of my turn.

• Tumbleweedovski's Avatar Pikachu 1115 408 Posts Joined 06/12/2019
    Posted 1 week, 1 day ago

Scam Druid incoming! Clearly, it has deckbuilding challenges, but this is potentially very scary. In Wild, this might bring some life back into cards like Greedy Sprite or Mire Keeper as you probably only want to run big spells and not some meager cards like Wild Growth.

Arena > Wild > Standard

• DarkFrostX's Avatar Old God Fanatic 760 1197 Posts Joined 07/26/2019
    Posted 1 week, 1 day ago

Great mechanic for druid, maybe the best class for this kind of effect.
    Though not sure how reliable will be in either standard or wild.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium