New Warrior Minion - Cargo Guard

• Fedrion's Avatar Maximum Volume 1365 714 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 1 month, 3 weeks ago

So, a pirate that can be played for something else that aggro or tempo.

Interesting.

A really good effect on top of that.

Papa Nurgle wants to share his gifts.

• Caro's Avatar Stormwind Historian 1450 1102 Posts Joined 03/12/2020

Oh wow, control warrior will love this pirate. It's a must kill minion and can be summoned off The Juggernaut as well. Gonna be really annoying for aggro decks and I love it

• KANSAS's Avatar Old God Fanatic 1725 2896 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

In most cases I don't see this getting you more than 6 armor, which is strong but nothing crazy. With the addition of the pirate tribe I can definitely see this being played.

Carrion, my wayward grub.

• Trimutius's Avatar 1515 2251 Posts Joined 03/16/2019

Interesting spin on usage of pirates, but it makes controly spin on pirate package possible

I am envoy from nowhere in nowhere. Nobody and nothing have sent me. And even though it is impossible I exist. ©Trimutius

• Brandon's Avatar Old God Fanatic 840 1221 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

INCREDIBLE card. Perfect fit in both pirate warrior with questline and in control warriors. Any warrior deck that uses N'Zoth, God of the Deep will use Cargo Guard as their pirate.

Also this can get randomly summoned from The Juggernaut.

And in wild it probably sees play in ODD Warrior as well. That actually quite unfortunate. :C

RNG is only fun as long as there is a 50/50 chance of getting something really good or trash level of bad. If RNG always results in something good, then it's not fun.

• Grumpy000's Avatar 1415 963 Posts Joined 06/06/2019

one of the annoying card that has to be dealt with very soon

I am 68 years old and still reach Legend

• Horus's Avatar Elwynn Boar 2040 2307 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

That's actually a fair comparison, and with a better synergy with a meaningful tribe 

Struggle with Heroic Galakrond's Awakening? I got your back : 

• Smilewine's Avatar Enjoys Cake 420 97 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

I like the implication of slower pirate decks.

• Tumbleweedovski's Avatar Protector of Elwynn 1125 479 Posts Joined 06/12/2019

This isn't inherently bad, but it's absolutely not in line with want pirates generally want to do, and therefore I hard time envisioning this in any deck.

Arena > Wild > Standard

• SilverWolf's Avatar Tauren Chieftain Addict 860 793 Posts Joined 04/01/2019

Wow, soft taunt that enable you trade with your face an leave your minions to going to enemy face, not strong but enable effective board control

• Draketh's Avatar Darkmaster 925 694 Posts Joined 04/02/2019

Great defensive tool for a deck that usually leans more towards offense. Given the new Warrior questline, this will definitely see play

• ShadowsOfSense's Avatar Community Manager Buried Alive 1325 917 Posts Joined 10/23/2018

Obviously you play this in Pirate decks, but this seems like one of the ones that might break out of the archetype and see play in other decks too. Mainly because its effect doesn't hinge around weapons - at least not obviously.

Welcome to the site!

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium