New Demon Hunter Spell - Sigil of Alacrity

• Arthas's Avatar Black Lotus 860 2321 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 1 month, 3 weeks ago

A new Rare Demon Hunter Spell, Sigil of Alacrity, has been revealed!

Sigil of Alacrity Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about United in Stormwind

Head on over to our dedicated guide for United in Stormwind!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

Your friendly neighbourhood bot!
    Like what I'm doing? Disable ads and unlock cosmetics with Out of Cards Premium!

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Bloodfeather 1490 3203 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

I genuinely can't tell if this is good or not. A 1 for 1 isn't that great usually, but cost reduction of any kind can be a game changer in many situations, but the inherent randomness makes it whacky.

I guess it helps Big Demon DH a lot because the discount will almost always be relevant.

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• Pezman's Avatar Academy Adventurer 1715 1559 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

DH has SO MANY ways to draw cards, and quite a few ways to discount them, too. This might be worth running with the Questline.

• Tumbleweedovski's Avatar Protector of Elwynn 1125 477 Posts Joined 06/12/2019

I'm getting strong Final Fantasy 7 vibes from this card. Too bad it's not a Chocobo pulling that wagon.

I'm not sure why you'd ever want to run this card, though. Even alongside Final Showdown I don't think this is worth it.

Arena > Wild > Standard

• UVE's Avatar 940 745 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Finally, a viable Caravan.

By The Holy Light!

• Lundy's Avatar Protector of Elwynn 1105 497 Posts Joined 06/21/2019

This is crazy good. It essentially means you can run a 28 card deck, as this card cycles for another, and the mana cost is refunded next turn via the discount. Hard to imagine this not being in every DH deck.

• randomfan's Avatar Lion's Guard 945 568 Posts Joined 03/17/2019

I really like that they put another sigil into DH's arsenal. The fact that this one seems to actually do something in line with a deck's goals makes  it doubly good. Very solid card.

Unfortunately, common sense isn't as common as it should be.

• Sykomyke's Avatar Flamewreathed 580 663 Posts Joined 05/30/2019

Really bad.  The last thing DH needs is a single card cantrip.  This is like "lesser skull of guldan" except not worth a single 1 mana discount. 

• Hydrafrog's Avatar Gul'dan 1480 2530 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
  • Synnr7's Avatar 730 474 Posts Joined 07/19/2019

Not great but not awful. Polluting the Wandmaker card pool it seems.

Casual Dragon Cardgame enthusiast. 

• DarkFrostX's Avatar Old God Fanatic 770 1202 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

At least this is more likely to see play just for the cycle effect so it should have made something more like generate a 1/1 and give you a 1/1 weapon or watev.

• dapperdog's Avatar Dragon Scholar 1375 2845 Posts Joined 07/29/2019

Its mostly bad. You'd have to pay 1 mana to draw one for the following turn, which means essentially you're paying 1 mana to do nothing. Just put a tradeable card in your deck would be a better card than this one.

The only reason, and a bad reason at that, you'd play this card is because you're going hard to finish the quest. But as has been established, the quest kinda sucks, so this card which is pretty bad to begin is now only a consideration in a bad deck.

A nerf to wandmaker is nothing else.

• Erodos's Avatar Crossroads Historian 740 848 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 1 month, 2 weeks ago

Slow card, might work in OTK DH since it's technically 1 mana to cycle, but I feel like it's not worth giving up a deckslot for.

• KANSAS's Avatar Old God Fanatic 1725 2896 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

Seems bad. You are paying one mana to get a 1 mana discount, and you are spending a card to draw a card. The net effect is 0, which is fine because you can still cycle through your deck, but the fact that it doesn't do anything until your next turn makes it too slow.

Carrion, my wayward grub.

• KillaFIsh's Avatar 330 178 Posts Joined 07/10/2019

Its really just not that great IMO.  Unless the eventually add something that benefits off of playing Sigils, then I dont know if it will see play.  Can help with quest, but only by one card, and then you HAVE to try and complete the step next turn and can't react if your opponent plays a big minion or something.

"Some inspirational quote from some famous person" - Some famous person

• GoddammitDontShootMe's Avatar Protector of Elwynn 1330 527 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

You sacrifice 1 mana the turn you play it, for a possibly stronger future turn. I guess that's okay.

• Brandon's Avatar Old God Fanatic 840 1217 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Hmm cheap but delayed draw. This is an interesting card. Not sure if its good or bad, mainly because of the mana cheat attacked to it. Because of the discount it might as well be 0 mana draw a card.. on your next turn. Hmm i dont think it will see that much play, because aggresive DH decks dont want to wait 1 turn for card draw. But i bet it might be pretty nice when discovered from cards like Wandmaker.

Actually maybe Big DH decks might want it, in order to try to discount the big minions? hmm.

RNG is only fun, as long as there is a 50/50 chance of getting something good or bad. If RNG always results in something good, it's not fun.

• Swizard's Avatar Wizard 840 411 Posts Joined 04/30/2020

This is like 0 mana draw a card, good in non quest decks too.

• Lemushki's Avatar Squirtle 910 735 Posts Joined 03/22/2019

Best sigil ever. I would bet, this one is going to see some play

Lemushki - The one and only since 2006

• Fedrion's Avatar Maximum Volume 1365 714 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

So... 1 mana draw 1 and discount 1 mana... Not great since it's delayed, it could discount it by 2 and I think it will still be ok.

Not really convinced by Draw DH tho.

Papa Nurgle wants to share his gifts.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium