New Rogue Minion - Maestra of the Masquerade

• Arthas's Avatar Black Lotus 860 2321 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 1 month, 3 weeks ago

A new Legendary Rogue Minion, Maestra of the Masquerade, has been revealed!

Maestra of the Masquerade Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about United in Stormwind

Head on over to our dedicated guide for United in Stormwind!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

Your friendly neighbourhood bot!
    Like what I'm doing? Disable ads and unlock cosmetics with Out of Cards Premium!

• frosthearth's Avatar 570 534 Posts Joined 03/18/2019

LOVE IT

• AngryShuckie's Avatar 1175 1243 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

I guess it's entire purpose is to mess with your opponent's mulligan choices?

I suppose it has some (brief) synergy with burgle cards in wild too, when they need you to hold cards from another class to activate them. That's not nothing if Underbelly Fence's battlecry goes off before you turn back into a rogue.

• Shaukuku's Avatar 125 24 Posts Joined 08/04/2019

It all depends, do you start the game as the alt hero, or does it do it like the odd pally hero power and do it after?

• FieselFitz's Avatar Anduin 735 1020 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Quote From Shaukuku

It all depends, do you start the game as the alt hero, or does it do it like the odd pally hero power and do it after?

True , if it shows your opponent you play Rogue but it changed because of Maestra it woul be kinda lame.

Challenge me ... when you're ready to duel a god!

• Tumbleweedovski's Avatar Protector of Elwynn 1125 477 Posts Joined 06/12/2019

Don't think this is particularly strong, but man, do I love that they're willing to print such cards!

Arena > Wild > Standard

• IlBelTia's Avatar Wizard 385 305 Posts Joined 06/01/2019

Cool concept, but actually useless.

• TypowyRobert's Avatar 10 1 Posts Joined 07/27/2021

i wonder if neutral cards like Venomous Scorpid will discover cards from the class you are disguised as

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Bloodfeather 1490 3203 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

Now on paper this is terrible design, effectively making you second guess every ladder game and then getting frustrated whenever you mulligan'd the wrong way. Also I wonder if she'll always choose the base hero or randomize skins (otherwise you can significantly narrow it down depending on your opponent's aestheetic choices).

Personally I still love this. It's just such a stupid gimmick, I can't be mad at it.

Also, expect a multitude of bugs. I heavily suspect this hasn't been playtested nearly enough to work consistently.

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• Geno9999's Avatar Ice Rager 980 354 Posts Joined 11/10/2019

Weird card but okay...

Really throws a wrench into your opponent's mulligan choices if they see you as like a Priest or Warlock and likewise mulligan against control.

• sense124's Avatar Mavka 350 208 Posts Joined 07/22/2019

I have a feeling this would've been revealed in the final stream to surprise you. That would've been awesome.

• Trimutius's Avatar 1515 2246 Posts Joined 03/16/2019
    Quote From sense124

I have a feeling this would've been revealed in the final stream to surprise you. That would've been awesome.

Just now saw this in theorycraft on opposite sidewithout seeing all the cards... and it was awesome

I am envoy from nowhere in nowhere. Nobody and nothing have sent me. And even though it is impossible I exist. ©Trimutius

• Alfi's Avatar Devoted Academic 1535 1122 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

This wording is weird it should be Start of the game effect

-=alfi=-

• Lundy's Avatar Protector of Elwynn 1105 497 Posts Joined 06/21/2019

Just a meme card that can potentially mess with your opponents mulligan. 

• AngryShuckie's Avatar 1175 1243 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Quote From Alfi

This wording is weird it should be Start of the game effect

Start of game effects happen after the mulligan, so it wouldn't serve its primary function since the opponent would know you're a rogue from the start.

• Pezman's Avatar Academy Adventurer 1715 1559 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

what

the

hell

I'm so into this! I'm just lolling here on my couch thinking about playing this card.

• UVE's Avatar 940 745 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Cool design, you can alter the mulligan picks of tour opponent.

By The Holy Light!

• BlueBaby's Avatar 20 2 Posts Joined 07/27/2021

They could've finally given Rogue a useful legendary but this is just a wast of a legendary slot and of course the card is fine but it could've been so much more 

I'm really and I mean I'm really disappointed in the Rogue cards these last two expansions

• randomfan's Avatar Lion's Guard 945 568 Posts Joined 03/17/2019

How important is it to mess with your opponent's mulligan phase? What deck will this be in that you hope they mulligan for a different kind of deck? Is it worth it to try and draw out the facade until you can possibly use the hero power? I'm just not sure I see where this card makes much sense.

Unfortunately, common sense isn't as common as it should be.

• Hydrafrog's Avatar Gul'dan 1480 2530 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

I am wondering how this could be viable

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium