New Warlock Spell - Dreaded Mount

• Trimutius's Avatar 1515 2246 Posts Joined 03/16/2019
    Posted 1 month, 2 weeks ago

even if it is discount on Dreadsteed it is still not good

I am envoy from nowhere in nowhere. Nobody and nothing have sent me. And even though it is impossible I exist. ©Trimutius

• Caro's Avatar Stormwind Historian 1440 1099 Posts Joined 03/12/2020

Should be very fun to play with Dreadsteeds again. Could do some fun shenanigans in Standard with Vectus for some meme value

• Brandon's Avatar Old God Fanatic 840 1218 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

INFINITE DREADSTEED?!? Finally they are giving us pre-nerf dreadsteed. (If i remember correctly they nerfed dreadsteed because they realised it would be broken alongside Defile.)

However i feel like this is just.. not good enough these days. Even in wild it just seems bad. Sure it makes defile go "infinite", but the thing about that is that i beleave there is like a 15x cap on it, so Defile triggers like 15 times on the Dreadsteed? (If i understand it correctly) Sure its a board clear, but it ruins ress pools because Dreadsteeds are demons, and it just removes board slots.

The best use i can think of is that Dreaded Mount gives a perfect target for zoo decks to cast things like Ritual of Doom on, just like how they normally use egg cards. But even then 1/7 minions you can have is a 1/1, and 2/7 minions if you cast Dreaded Mount twice.

Sure Dreaded Mount might have been amazing a couple years ago, but these days it just seems bad.

Edit: Apparantly it's just Dreadsteed. Not even pre-nerf or anything, just Dreadsteed on a spell. Wow this card is probably the worst card in the entire set.

RNG is only fun, as long as there is a 50/50 chance of getting something good or bad. If RNG always results in something good, it's not fun.

• Horus's Avatar Elwynn Boar 2040 2307 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Oh man, this ... brings back memory of Grand Tournament release.
    I was playing around with good old-unnerfed Dreadsteed and Baron Rivendare, testing the limits of swarming my own board - those were the days

Struggle with Heroic Galakrond's Awakening? I got your back : 

• SilverWolf's Avatar Tauren Chieftain Addict 860 793 Posts Joined 04/01/2019

The good old Dreadsteed. It's good to see you again... the nostalgia

• Draketh's Avatar Darkmaster 925 694 Posts Joined 04/02/2019

Seems a bit too weak, but I might be wrong. Don't think it's worth playing it at 3 mana, honestly

• ShadowsOfSense's Avatar Community Manager Buried Alive 1325 917 Posts Joined 10/23/2018

I'm happy to see Dreadsteed return. I don't particularly think it's that good, but it's fun to see again.

Welcome to the site!

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium