New Hunter Minion - Wing Commander Ichman

Fractured in Alterac Valley
    Magma Rager 505 157 Posts Joined 05/30/2019
    Posted 6 months ago

I didn't get Top Gun reference on this one until they revelead druid "Maverick" legendary. Now I finally see "Iceman".

1150 784 Posts Joined 06/01/2019
    Posted 5 months, 3 weeks ago

Wow, a bad stat stick & battlecry that costs more than it should. Move aside, other bad legendaries you've got some stiff competition in this one.

Elemental 1200 730 Posts Joined 03/17/2019

I guess this is supposed to go in midrange hunter? Standard aggro minions wont have a high enough attack to make multiple triggers happen. Maybe you work it in Big Hunter so that you can pull lots of high impact minions on the same turn. I'm interested to see how it plays out.

Unfortunately, common sense isn't as common as it should be.

Tauren Chieftain Addict 910 944 Posts Joined 04/01/2019

It's very slow, but manageable with Vanndar Stormpike. It can be a board clear easily, and having Tundra Rhino can enable some strong otk

Senior Moderator Buried Alive 1490 1086 Posts Joined 10/23/2018

I think the problem with this card is that you have to be pretty behind to make full use of its effect - you ideally want to be summoning at least 2-3 Beasts for that cost, and if your opponent has that much of a board you better hope that you don't whiff on any of your pulls.

Welcome to the site!

Prince Charming 1820 1091 Posts Joined 06/14/2019
    Posted 5 months, 2 weeks ago

It is too expensive to see play and the stats are pretty weak IMO. Very reliant on the small package of big beasts run in your deck to make an impact at all if any.

It'll Be Done in No Time! » [ 260 / 500 ]

Darkmaster 1290 969 Posts Joined 04/02/2019
    Posted 5 months, 2 weeks ago

Far too expensive, and goes against what most Hunter decks are designed to do. Don't think this'll see any kind of play, sadly.

Skeleton 1865 3965 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 4 months, 2 weeks ago

Boy we really underestimated this one, didn't we? Who would have thought that something as slow and greedy as this could not only spawn but also carry an entirely new archetype.

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

425 93 Posts Joined 06/12/2019
    Posted 4 months, 1 week ago

I'm pretty sure it is still a very weak card barely usable in a tier 4 deck. And it certainly does not carry anything.

Posted 4 months ago
    Quote From metzger

I'm pretty sure it is still a very weak card barely usable in a tier 4 deck. And it certainly does not carry anything.

Not sure if you checked the stats but Big Beast hunter is far from tier 4 competitively and it is by far the best play in the deck. Ichman ends games.

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

425 93 Posts Joined 06/12/2019
    Posted 4 months ago
    Quote From YourPrivateNightmare
    Not sure if you checked the stats but Big Beast hunter is far from tier 4 competitively and it is by far the best play in the deck. Ichman ends games.

The stats are misleading because it is a 9 mana card and most games are decided before turn 9. You can only play him if you have already won by surviving. That's why Ichman's winrate is so high.

Posted 4 months ago
    Quote From metzger
    Quote From YourPrivateNightmare

The stats are misleading because it is a 9 mana card and most games are decided before turn 9. You can only play him if you have already won by surviving. That's why Ichman's winrate is so high.

That#s not just reading raw stats, the VS Data Report says the same. If Ichman was just a "win-more" card the deck wouldn't have a positive winrate.

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

405 73 Posts Joined 06/11/2019
    Posted 4 months ago

It's important to remember that about 40% of the time, the card costs 6-mana, not 9-mana - "you can only play him if you have already won by surviving" isn't true.

According to HSReplays, the card has the highest "win-rate when drawn" in the deck - that's a far more reliable indication of the card's power level than "win-rate when played."

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.