New Druid Spell - Breath of Dreams

• Arthas's Avatar 185 459 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 1 month, 1 week ago

A new Rare Druid Spell, Breath of Dreams, has been revealed!

Breath of Dreams Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Descent of Dragons

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Descent of Dragons!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• iWatchUSleep's Avatar 375 462 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Old Wild Growth + draw a card for a dragon druid? 
    Really strong if that becomes a thing.

Also, would the 'gain a mana crystal' part trigger if the card you draw is a dragon?

• RavenSunHS's Avatar Swamp 455 884 Posts Joined 03/27/2019

Sick card.

Looking forward to (re)build my old Even Druid with a Dragon package.

• Painkiller1724's Avatar 140 101 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Really good

Another tool for Maly druid

• RandomGuy's Avatar 305 468 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Kinda busted.

• Avalon's Avatar 375 454 Posts Joined 06/12/2019
    Quote From iWatchUSleep

Also, would the 'gain a mana crystal' part trigger if the card you draw is a dragon?

I'm not sure, but do you remember Lesser Amethyst Spellstone? If you draw it with Kobold Librarian it will get an upgrade.

I know this time is different since Breath of Dreams is the card you play and not the one you draw, but if it will happens I won't be surprised

• Almaniarra's Avatar HearthStationeer 400 655 Posts Joined 03/21/2019
    Quote From Avalon
    Quote From iWatchUSleep

I'm not sure, but do you remember Lesser Amethyst Spellstone? If you draw it with Kobold Librarian it will get an upgrade.

I know this time is different since Breath of Dreams is the card you play and not the one you draw, but if it will happens I won't be surprised

Remember Ferocious Howl ? If you are holding 5 cards + Ferocious Howl (it means you have 6 cards in your hand) and use it, it draws first then gives you 6 armor.

I'm %100 sure of that you'll gain an empty mana crystal with Breath of Dreams if you don't have a dragon but draw with it.

• FieselFitz's Avatar Anduin 345 325 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Quote From Painkiller1724

Really good

Another tool for Maly druid

Thought so too - this is a good card

Challenge me ... when you're ready to duel a god!

• iWatchUSleep's Avatar 375 462 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Quote From Avalon
    Quote From iWatchUSleep

Yeah that specific interaction is the reason I was asking. Then again, Blizzard have never been too consistent with specific interactions so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

• RandomGuy's Avatar 305 468 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

The only world I can imagine where this card isn't competitive is one where (for whatever reason) it isn't played in Quest Druid, and Quest Druid is clearly the best druid variant, pushing everything else out of its way.

• Tetsuo's Avatar 205 147 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

This is busted, though we'll have to see if some form of Dragon Druid takes shape. Although it might be worth building that kind of deck (or filling your deck with dragons) for this card alone...

• ArngrimUndying's Avatar Jaina 350 329 Posts Joined 06/11/2019
    Posted 2 weeks, 4 days ago

Absolutely fantastic card. This will be auto-include in all Druid decks since it's a pre-nerf Wild Growth with draw too. I expect even if Dragon Druid doesn't take off, you'll see at least a dragon or two get thrown into most decks as a trigger

• johnyDI's Avatar Island 155 147 Posts Joined 03/31/2019

Going to be a little realistic towards this card, but hope I'm wrong, I like it.

The thing is, this will only see play if dragons see play in druid. but currently, because of the quest, no other druid deck is being played at all. So either we get a choose one dragon, or this is just a zero damage shiv. And you can't count on having just malygos or alextraza as your dragon, you want to play this for mana crystals as soon and reliable as possible.

• ArcanisDF's Avatar Dragon 280 177 Posts Joined 08/01/2019

5 stars for sure!!! insane value 

• Joda's Avatar Magma Rager 240 143 Posts Joined 04/01/2019

First card on the nerflist? :)

Never netdeck, craft Whizbang instead!

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 520 867 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

Fearing this might be made redundant by Quest Druid existing. Dragons will have to be very good to compete with Oasis Surgers and Hidden Oasis.

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• KANSAS's Avatar Wall 670 1024 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

Dang.

Dragon druid will be viable because of this. I wouldn't be surprised if this card gets nerfed.

• linkblade91's Avatar Global Moderator 255 318 Posts Joined 02/09/2019

Fantastic card. If Dragon Druid becomes a thing, this will be part of the foundation it's built from. Dragons want draw so you can pull more of them, and Dragons want Mana Crystals because they're generally expensive. This is a solid two-fer.

• Alfi's Avatar Bulbasaur 295 196 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

It is like Wild groth but better. 

-=alfi=-

• Nere's Avatar 90 67 Posts Joined 07/28/2019

I´m happy that Druids can get their Wild Growth back, but with a rather strong restriction - usable only in Dragon decks. I think that´s the way to go in the future with very strong and flexible cards, just restrict them for a specific deck type where it hopefully doesn´t break the meta.

• Valord's Avatar 145 145 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

This is will most definitely make Dragon Druid since ramping is what you will want a lot.

• Meteorite12's Avatar Magma Rager 300 247 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

This is the type of card that could end up carrying the archetype, or even leading to people adding in a few good dragons just to get the effect.

Who needs consistency when you could have fun?

• Input's Avatar 160 163 Posts Joined 06/01/2019

More situational, but if there are as many dragons as I'm betting on, I see it being very strong.

• Hedwyn's Avatar Gul'dan 290 159 Posts Joined 07/05/2019

Insanely strong if dragon druid becomes a thing.

I'm sorry for my bad english :)

• DelkoHS's Avatar Bulbasaur 270 266 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Un-nerfed Wild Growth that draws immediately is obviously very good. Druid I think has one of the best chances to get a Dragon archetype. Hopefully it's able to match the power level of Quest.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.