New Hunter Minion - Dwarven Sharpshooter

• Arthas's Avatar 185 459 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 1 month, 2 weeks ago

A new Common Hunter Minion, Dwarven Sharpshooter, has been revealed!

Dwarven Sharpshooter Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Descent of Dragons

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Descent of Dragons!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• RavenSunHS's Avatar Swamp 455 894 Posts Joined 03/27/2019

Just when you thought Odd Hunter was meant to be a Facedeck!

• iWatchUSleep's Avatar 375 464 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

1 mana 1/3s were always busted and this gives you an upgraded mage hero power to contest the board with next turn as well. Bonkers.

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 455 638 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

we had a 2 mana 2/3 that had the same effect this card powercreep that card but that card never saw any play and hunter was all about the face back then.. looks good.

• Starscream's Avatar 135 79 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

This seems good. Turn 1, play this. Turn 2, play a new minion , secret, or use your hero power to kill your opponent's minion. In fact, hero power + attack with this on turn 2 means you can take out a 3 health minion too.

• Thonson's Avatar 400 302 Posts Joined 03/24/2019
  • YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 525 898 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

I mean...I absolutely love this, but it's also another 1-mana 1/3 and those are just always a problem.

If you're playing a deck that wants to leverage early board presence and Hunter drops this on turn 1 you're basically fucked. Oh you mulligan for Flame Imp and went second? Guess you're gonna play the rest of the game trying to kill a 1-drop so you can actually develop a board.

Although I am glad that there is now a 1-drop that challenges Northshire Cleric.

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• Almaniarra's Avatar Draconically Dedicated 410 698 Posts Joined 03/21/2019
    Quote From DoubleSummon

we had a 2 mana 2/3 that had the same effect this card powercreep that card but that card never saw any play and hunter was all about the face back then.. looks good.

and that card was an epic, this is a common. That means it is easier to test than the old one. :)

• BrosefStylin's Avatar 45 4 Posts Joined 11/01/2019
  • Avalon's Avatar 380 468 Posts Joined 06/12/2019
    Posted 1 month, 1 week ago
    Quote From RavenSunHS

Just when you thought Odd Hunter was meant to be a Facedeck!

Odd Control Hunter Po

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 455 638 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Quote From Almaniarra
    Quote From DoubleSummon

and that card was an epic, this is a common. That means it is easier to test than the old one. :)

And you know.. this is the aspect that annoys me the most in HS you can't test cool stuff (back then "control hunter") cause you need to invest so much dust into it.. back then if you wanted to start to test that card you had to pay 800 dust.. ye.. feels bad..

I don't think this card is about testing.. you 100% drop it into your highlander hunter anyway and there are some other cards that care about hero powering so maybe that's a thing?

• Almaniarra's Avatar Draconically Dedicated 410 698 Posts Joined 03/21/2019
    Quote From DoubleSummon
    Quote From Almaniarra
    Quote From DoubleSummon

And you know.. this is the aspect that annoys me the most in HS you can't test cool stuff (back then "control hunter") cause you need to invest so much dust into it.. back then if you wanted to start to test that card you had to pay 800 dust.. ye.. feels bad..

I don't think this card is about testing.. you 100% drop it into your highlander hunter anyway and there are some other cards that care about hero powering so maybe that's a thing?

Sure, it will be a must-have card for Highlander probably but I was about other archetypes ehm-Control Hunter-ehm. :D

Maybe we can work to make that sidequest Hunter viable and this is a cool common 1 drop which is not epic. :D

• AliRadicali's Avatar 400 632 Posts Joined 06/06/2019

1 mana 1/3 is a busted statline and this card has a must-remove effect. The chance of this sticking to the board for one turn is much higher than the older sniper guy surviving into turn three, not to mention the fact that this naturally curves into a heropower on turn two rather than floating mana on turn three. It's easier to fit this in alongside a hero power as well.

This card is going to be in pretty much every viable hunter deck.

• FieselFitz's Avatar Anduin 350 327 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Pretty good - 1 drops with 1/3 stat line have alway been good so far!

Challenge me ... when you're ready to duel a god!

• RandomGuy's Avatar 305 474 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

All 1-mana 1/3's have seen consistent competitive play except for Animated Berserker and Warbot.  And even Warbot saw some play just before it rotated out. And Berserker's effect is negative except in very niche scenarios.

So, because this has a positive effect on that body almost certainly makes this a very competitive card.

• KANSAS's Avatar Wall 695 1077 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

This card is pretty good. a 1/3 can make pretty good trades with other 1-2 drops, and with the extra 2 damage hunter should have no problem controlling the board through the first few turns.

• Tetsuo's Avatar 225 152 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Fantastic 1-drop, will be an auto-include in any Hunter deck. Together with Springpaw, the Hunter class has gotten some good early-game removal.

• Satanley's Avatar 75 23 Posts Joined 07/21/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

I was already running a control/grind out odd Hunter in Wild, this will give it some much needed strong early game. Can finally take out those Fireflies that were just in for consistency and mana efficiency.

• johnyDI's Avatar Island 165 147 Posts Joined 03/31/2019
    Posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

Wouldn't say that the effect was so great to make the card worth if it wasn't for the nice stats that are attached to it. With a possible good turn one play and a late game ping, this card might be one of the best for hunter thus far.

• ArcanisDF's Avatar Bronze Supporter 285 179 Posts Joined 08/01/2019

really good 1 drop auto include for me

• ArngrimUndying's Avatar Jaina 355 341 Posts Joined 06/11/2019

This seems so situational. I can see this in Wild Odd Hunter, but beyond that very niche deck I don't see how it will fit into the current Hunter meta. 

• Joda's Avatar Magma Rager 240 143 Posts Joined 04/01/2019

1 mana 1/3 for hunter is scary enough. But with that effect it is crazy good.

Never netdeck, craft Whizbang instead!

• linkblade91's Avatar Global Moderator Draconically Dedicated 260 323 Posts Joined 02/09/2019

Seems like an obvious auto-include to me, unless you just never want to use your Hero Power. 1/1/3 is a great statline, and the Hero Power is a better version of Fireblast.

If you have the time please check out my custom expansion, The Trials Within Us!

• sto650's Avatar HearthStationeer 245 205 Posts Joined 03/30/2019

This is a very solid card. Probably auto-include in literally every hunter deck. Probably kinda busted.

• Nere's Avatar 90 67 Posts Joined 07/28/2019

Great one drop for hunter. 1/3 one drops always have a potential to be well-hated by masses hahah

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.