New Druid Minion - Emerald Explorer

• Arthas's Avatar 185 459 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 1 month, 2 weeks ago

A new Common Druid Minion, Emerald Explorer, has been revealed!

Emerald Explorer Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Descent of Dragons

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Descent of Dragons!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• RavenSunHS's Avatar Swamp 455 894 Posts Joined 03/27/2019
  • JoeyJojo48's Avatar 180 33 Posts Joined 06/11/2019
    Posted 1 month, 2 weeks ago

4/8 Taunt for 6 is solid vanilla stats. Discovering a dragon off it makes it a really solid card.

• RandomGuy's Avatar 305 474 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 1 month, 1 week ago

So strong, stand alone. If Dragon Druid is somehow not pushed completely out of the picture by the Quest, this card is a no brainer.

• ArngrimUndying's Avatar Jaina 355 341 Posts Joined 06/11/2019
    Posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

Think this will be strong in general, but will really shine in Highlander Druid. I can also see this being excellent in Wild Taunt Druid since there's already so much dragon synergy in what that deck was when it was Standard.

• johnyDI's Avatar Island 165 147 Posts Joined 03/31/2019

Solid card overall. But with druid not being an evil class with acess to the new lackey, and with the quest in the same rotation, I see no need to play this card or a dragon druid quest in general, for now. I believe that if a choose one dragon appears, or a really good early mana dragon for druid, we might se a quest dragon package.

Arena wise, this is top tier. Value plus big taunt body.

• ArcanisDF's Avatar Bronze Supporter 285 179 Posts Joined 08/01/2019

I really liked this one. Solid card with good stats

• Joda's Avatar Magma Rager 240 143 Posts Joined 04/01/2019

Really good! Even outside of dragon decks.

Never netdeck, craft Whizbang instead!

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 525 898 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

don't forget class bonus is gone. Also, Dragon Druid doesn't have a win condition yet and Quest Druid outvalues it any day

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• linkblade91's Avatar Global Moderator Draconically Dedicated 260 323 Posts Joined 02/09/2019
    Quote From YourPrivateNightmare

don't forget class bonus is gone.

I keep forgetting that they removed that; it was such a stealthy nerf.

Anyway, I'll echo the others and suggest that the card is pretty good. Solid stats and a free replacement minion in-hand; it all depends on how much additional support Dragon Druid gets.

...not that it will stop me from playing such a deck anyway heh.

If you have the time please check out my custom expansion, The Trials Within Us!

• KANSAS's Avatar Wall 695 1077 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

Super powerful card. A solid taunt minion that triggers dragon cards and then gets you a dragon when you play it so that you can still trigger dragon cards and get further value later in the game. 

Easy 5/5.

• Nere's Avatar 90 67 Posts Joined 07/28/2019

Nothing fleshy, but does it´s job well I guess. I know that Stonehill was on another level, but a high health taunt that provides value is always nice!

• Valord's Avatar 150 145 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Seems too good not to run in Dragon Druid since you want more dragons in your hand.

• Meteorite12's Avatar Magma Rager 340 254 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 3 weeks, 2 days ago

Tons of value, a big body, as well as helping out to activate the ramp card. Definitely killer in arena, probably pretty strong in constructed too

Who needs consistency when you could have fun?

• Almaniarra's Avatar Draconically Dedicated 410 698 Posts Joined 03/21/2019

Jade Behemoth of Dragon Druid decks if there will be one. But there is no reason to not have one while Druid has Wild Growth back with Breath of Dreams (it even draws a card ! ).

• Input's Avatar 160 163 Posts Joined 06/01/2019

Very solid. Vanillia stats plus taunt plus discovering a dragon (currently more weighted to late game).  With "dragon wild growth" I could see this getting play. 

• Hedwyn's Avatar Draconically Dedicated 290 160 Posts Joined 07/05/2019

Good body with taunt, and give value, certainly will see play in dragon druid, in arena is a very solid pick too.

I'm sorry for my bad english :)

• DelkoHS's Avatar Child of Galakrond 280 284 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

If Dragon Druid is to be a thing, this card will be key. It's too early to say whether or not the archetype will be good, but this is a fine start :D

• thisismyfreebie's Avatar 70 27 Posts Joined 11/06/2019

Definitely a good card. Definitely a GREAT Arena card.

• Alucard3598's Avatar 75 33 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

Emerald Explorer is not only a solid defensive minion for keeping you alive, but also generates you an additional resource for free, one which can further empower and enable dragon synergy cards.
    Overall, the pool of dragons you can get is fairly strong, especially in the classic set. I can easily see this being a staple in any sort of dragon deck, and very good in other contexts as well.

• TheOdinson's Avatar 140 144 Posts Joined 06/04/2019

Great stats for a taunt minions, in a class that wants it, plus value, plus a relevant minion type. Seems very good.

To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of the women.

• Horus's Avatar E.V.I.L. Dragon 655 825 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Some Taunt Dragons that were not as good as this one, and also slower than a 6 mana, have seen plays, so I wouldn't be surprised if this one makes it too.

“One day, you will be old enough to start reading fairytales again.”

• PipoHs's Avatar Vampire 115 141 Posts Joined 11/22/2019

auto included in every druid deck, dragon or not dragon ones

• Korialstrasz's Avatar Supporter 230 52 Posts Joined 03/24/2019

Not too shabby, though I can't see this being played all that much in wild.

• Rhoa's Avatar Rexxar 105 32 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

I know they've kind of nerfed discover a bit - but it's still a very strong effect.  And here you're discovering from a pool of already very strong cards - that are going to synergise with your deck - because you're playing dragons.  It can discover itself too!

Hearthstone fan.  Arch-nemesis: wifi drop-outs.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.