New Warlock Hero - Galakrond, the Wretched

• Arthas's Avatar 185 459 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 1 month, 2 weeks ago

A new Legendary Warlock Hero, Galakrond, the Wretched, has been revealed!

Galakrond, the Wretched Card Image

Tokens

Galakrond, the Apocalypse Card Image Galakrond, Azeroth's End Card Image Galakrond's Malice Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Descent of Dragons

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Descent of Dragons!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• YJHS2000's Avatar Uther 255 116 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

How is it that warlock, already the worst class in the game, gets the worst of the 3 Galakronds revealed?

Communism is just a red herring

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 525 898 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

so the effect is incredibly bad seeing how on average you're going to get some trashy imp while ocasionally highrolling one of the....4(?) actually good demons that have an impact on the board.

It all comes down to what the hero power does. If it's something that helps a control deck (healing or value generation) I could see it being used...if not than all I can hope for is that Warlock gets some sick control cards so i can play Plot twist Batlock

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• iWatchUSleep's Avatar 375 464 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

The current standard demon pool is extremely poor. Even if they add one or two really good demons the battlecry will still be far too inconsistent.

Here's to hoping the hero power actually helps slow warlock decks in a big way.

• SLima's Avatar 150 90 Posts Joined 08/17/2019

The battlecry is going to be highly inconsistent given the amount of weak demon cards available at the moment. And the Hero Power is just the Paladin's upgraded one (summon two 1/1). Is this supposed to be some sort of late game Zoo card? To be honest, i don't think this is bad but i was hoping for better support for Warlock's late game. Not very excited about this one.

• Lambda's Avatar 145 76 Posts Joined 07/24/2019
    Posted 1 month, 1 week ago

Does anybody know what kind of heropower will be available after summoning?

• Xrazoc's Avatar 145 96 Posts Joined 03/29/2019

The Galakrond Hero Power is in the invoke minions/spells too, so don't underestimate that quickly.

Invoke will trigger Hero power right away, and in this case two imps every invoke.

The cards revealed so far has "Invoke Galakrond" so this hero card might not be as useless as you think it is.

Remember the time people thought druids DK was bad and it turned out to be very good, I think this could be the same case.
    if I'm right or wrong we will see that when the expansion is released.

• Avalon's Avatar 380 468 Posts Joined 06/12/2019

Current Demons pool in Standard (to be uploaded with the remaining DoD reveals):

GOOD OUTCOMES: Jumbo Imp,Fel Lord Betrug, Siegebreaker, Aranasi Broodmother, Dread InfernalRiftcleaver, Illidan Stormrage and maybe Lord Jaraxxus

DECENT OUTCOMES: SathrovarrMad Summoner, Portal Overfiend, Pit Lord, Felsoul Inquisitor, Felguard and maybe Felstalker

BAD OUTCOMES: Witchwood Imp, Voidwalker, Blood Imp, Flame Imp, Void Analyst, Vilefiend, Void Terror, Nethersoul Buster, Doubling Imp, Witchwood Piper, Portal Keeper

So 8 good outcomes, 7 decent outcomes and 11 bad outcomes. I think we'll receive at least another 1 or 2 big demons (even neutral ones) in order to justify this effect

• Painkiller1724's Avatar 145 107 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Only time will tell, but I think this dragon warlock won't shine, since its synergies are more aggro oriented, but they are too slow

• RandomGuy's Avatar 305 474 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

I wouldn't be so hard on this card just yet. The hero power has a lot going for it. And right now, warlock has very little going for it. Card like Plague of Flames and Grim Rally become a lot more interesting when you are Baku Paladin.

I expect Galakrond Warlock to replace Zoo because Zoo has been underwhelming for a while now, and Galakrond gives it value.

• ArcanisDF's Avatar Bronze Supporter 285 179 Posts Joined 08/01/2019
    Posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

i think is the worst so far... and the odds for good demons are against us

• Joda's Avatar Magma Rager 240 143 Posts Joined 04/01/2019

Random demons are not that great, but with full upgrade, 3 demons worth 7 mana i think.

Never netdeck, craft Whizbang instead!

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 525 898 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

Alright, so I've been thinking about this card a lot and it might not actually be as bad as I initially assumed.

So the Battlecry is still kinda bad and highrolly...but that's not actually the main selling point. It's the hero power...and I don't just mean the Invoke effect (although it's pretty neat as well)

Warlock hasn't really had the ability to infinitely generate tokens in a while...which makes sacrifice strategies so much better. You now have a reason to run Invalid Deck ID in a Zoo deck just as an easy out. At the same time stuff like EVIL Genius, Grim Rally and even Spirit of the Bat gets much more appealing and less clunky. To top it of you have the Invoke guy that draws 3 cards meaning even if you no longer have Life Tap you can still draw into stuff.

I wonder if we might not just run the minimum best Invokers and aim to play Galakrond as fast as possible just to get the hero power. Overall it probably depends on how many good invokers we actually end up getting.

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• og0's Avatar HearthStationeer 475 437 Posts Joined 03/31/2019

It surely has to be for the hero power if this sees play, and I guess it's ok with zoo.  But who know a) what other zoo type cards we'll get and b) what random demons we might get?

Plus there will be a trolden video where it's played in wild and the first summoned is the deal 5 to yourself for each summon minion dude :P

There are only 10d types of people who understand binary, I know what 10b of them are but not the other 1000b.

• ArngrimUndying's Avatar Jaina 355 341 Posts Joined 06/11/2019

Battlecry isn't very good (RNG rarely is) and neither is the hero power BUT I can see this fitting nicely into Shuffle Warlock considering the token generation allows Darkest Hour to pull the giant minions out of your deck very efficiently. 

• mayhern's Avatar 130 142 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

Not very good card since the hero power and the battlecry are not great...

• johnyDI's Avatar Island 165 147 Posts Joined 03/31/2019

There is one archetype that always comes around super strong after each rotation: zoolock. And they usually do it using basic and classic cards mostly. Now, they are going to have an entire package dedicated to swarming the board that culminates in a cheaper guldan with odd paladin hero power. 

I pity the fool who believes this to be a weak card. Maybe not this cycle, but next one everyone will call for a nerf.

• Alfi's Avatar E.V.I.L. Dragon 315 201 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

We should not be able to rate this card for Arena

-=alfi=-

• Nere's Avatar 90 67 Posts Joined 07/28/2019

Very high-roll card, because the demons vary all the way from great to worthless to actually some that you don´t even want to summon

• Valord's Avatar 150 145 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

I can definitely see a zoo build around with this card.

• Input's Avatar 160 163 Posts Joined 06/01/2019

Based on current standard-legal cards and revealed cards (11/21/2019) demons have on average 3.6 attack an 4.6 health, so a fully upgraded version is giving 5 armor, a 5/2 weapon, and, on average, 14.6/18.6 stats. For 7 mana. Granted there's a sunk cost of 4 invoke cards, but those 1/1 imps are also good fodder for plague of flames, etc. I think people are sleeping on this one a bit.

• Meteorite12's Avatar Magma Rager 340 254 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 3 weeks, 2 days ago

If this sees play it’ll almost certainly be just to get the invoke effects working to flood the board, beyond that it’s too swingy probably

Who needs consistency when you could have fun?

• Hedwyn's Avatar Draconically Dedicated 290 160 Posts Joined 07/05/2019

Battlecry is trash .. so many bad demons .. and the hero power? Weak and boring, even Veiled Worshipper is better than this LMAO

I'm sorry for my bad english :)

• KinetiClasH's Avatar 105 87 Posts Joined 09/05/2019

At First Look Warlock Galakrond seems not as OP as others howhever a full board of minions + a Weapon + Armor, is a good turn, is up to see how easy or hard will be to invoke him

• DelkoHS's Avatar Child of Galakrond 280 284 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Zoo Warlock is definitely getting pushed. I'm a bit skeptical though, as Zoo isn't in good shape right now. Might this fix the archetype? Veiled Worshipper is good enough to consider running this card imo.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.