New Hunter Minion - Phase Stalker

• Arthas's Avatar 185 459 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 1 month, 2 weeks ago

A new Rare Hunter Minion, Phase Stalker, has been revealed!

Phase Stalker Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Descent of Dragons

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Descent of Dragons!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• RandomGuy's Avatar 305 474 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 1 month, 2 weeks ago

Completely reasonable. Spicy with the new 1/3 too.

• iWatchUSleep's Avatar 375 464 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 1 month, 1 week ago

Good stats for a 2-drop and if it survives it basically draws and plays a card from your deck for free. Preeetty good.

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 455 636 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

ahem.. inspire.

• RandomGuy's Avatar 305 474 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Feels like a completely reasonable card. Slates into Secret Highlander Hunter on day 1.

• ArcanisDF's Avatar Bronze Supporter 285 179 Posts Joined 08/01/2019
    Posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

good stats and work in Secret HL Hunter. 

• ArngrimUndying's Avatar Jaina 355 341 Posts Joined 06/11/2019

Good for Secret Highlander Hunter or Wild Even Hunter. Only thing that give me pause in Standard is you can't play until turn 4 to get a single free Secret - that's a little late for a 2/3 minion if your opponent has any kind of board already.

• johnyDI's Avatar Island 165 147 Posts Joined 03/31/2019

Finally I can play decent beast secret decks! together with subject-9, this was this missing piece for the deck. And we are still waiting on more reveals.

• Joda's Avatar Magma Rager 240 143 Posts Joined 04/01/2019

I like the flavor. And it has a good body, we will see it a lot.

Never netdeck, craft Whizbang instead!

• RavenSunHS's Avatar Swamp 455 894 Posts Joined 03/27/2019

I reiterate what i said for Dragonbane: Even Hunter says hi.

(And i Secretly hope Wild Even Hunter can be at least as fast as Secret Mage and pay them with their own money).

• linkblade91's Avatar Global Moderator Draconically Dedicated 260 323 Posts Joined 02/09/2019

As I noted in our initial card review, I can see this in a Wild Even Hunter alongside Genn Greymane. Secrets are Even-costed, so the combination with them and Steamwheedle Sniper seems obvious to me.

If you have the time please check out my custom expansion, The Trials Within Us!

• KANSAS's Avatar Wall 695 1077 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

An amazing card for Wild even hunters, and even if you are just playing normal hunter, chances are you will be playing secrets. This doesn't have bad stats, and being able to get a free secret is both great tempo and value. This can be played on turn 2, then hero power on the following turn, or on turn 4 combined with hero power. Remember, hunter secrets are worth 2 mana, so spending 2 mana to get a random secret isn't bad. Especially when you also deal 2 damage and don't have to spend a card on it.

• Lightspoon's Avatar Merfolk 400 342 Posts Joined 04/01/2019

Good stats for its mana cost and more than decent battlecry, thinning your deck while putting a Secret on board.

• sto650's Avatar HearthStationeer 245 205 Posts Joined 03/30/2019

I do like this a lot. It has some serious potential with some version of secret hunter. Totally unclear what the best build would be for a secret hunter, but whatever it is, this is in it.

• Nere's Avatar 90 67 Posts Joined 07/28/2019

I know that mage secrets are stronger, but thanks to Arcanologist, Kirin Tor Mage, Kabal Lackey, Mad Scientist and others, I think this card definitely shouldn´t be underestimated. Could be potentially very strong.

• Valord's Avatar 150 145 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Make your hero power "draw" a card for hunter? Sounds insane to me.

• Almaniarra's Avatar Draconically Dedicated 410 698 Posts Joined 03/21/2019

Yeah, as if hunter needs more secret pulls.

What do they want really ? Build a deck with 16 secret and 14 secret puller ?

I mean; ok, card is good, even better, crocolisk stats with card pull but secret hunter has been tried, saw ladder also. We are always turning back and back again.

• Input's Avatar 160 163 Posts Joined 06/01/2019
    Posted 3 weeks, 2 days ago

Whether or not a meme, I'm definitely making a secret even hunter in wild day one. This or steamwheedle sniper on 3 just seems fun.

• Hedwyn's Avatar Draconically Dedicated 290 160 Posts Joined 07/05/2019

I liked! Good body with good effect, and can be trigged multiple times!

I'm sorry for my bad english :)

• DelkoHS's Avatar Child of Galakrond 280 284 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Coining this out and Hero Power on 2 might look good, but it's not really. But later on it could be strong combined with Dwarven Sharpshooter. Even in dedicated Secret decks this might not even see play :/

• frosthearth's Avatar 300 264 Posts Joined 03/18/2019

Even in non-even hunter (heh), for 4 mana you get a 2/3, deal 2 dmg to the face, draw a secret from your deck and immediately play it. Secret hunter is already a good deck, this will be a staple.

• thisismyfreebie's Avatar 70 27 Posts Joined 11/06/2019

Four mana 2/3 beast, play a secret from deck REPEATABLE > stupid ol' Masked Contender

• Firenza's Avatar 175 105 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

It seems like it should be meta-defining, but it's not quite. Highlander Hunter already runs 6 secrets, and it's hard to imagine running much more than that. It's a fantastic card that should have a place in that deck, but having reached legend with it when it was new to the meta, I think a big skill-test with that deck is when and how to play each secret. I'm not sure if cheating them out randomly actually helps despite the card draw. I think it fits better in a mid-range secret deck that maybe runs 2-4 different secrets, but multiple copies of some of them.

• Tetsuo's Avatar 225 152 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Quote From Firenza

It seems like it should be meta-defining, but it's not quite. Highlander Hunter already runs 6 secrets, and it's hard to imagine running much more than that. It's a fantastic card that should have a place in that deck, but having reached legend with it when it was new to the meta, I think a big skill-test with that deck is when and how to play each secret. I'm not sure if cheating them out randomly actually helps despite the card draw. I think it fits better in a mid-range secret deck that maybe runs 2-4 different secrets, but multiple copies of some of them.

Yeah, I don't think it's meta-defining. In theory it should replace Masked Contender in a Highlander Hunter deck. It's got stats for its mana cost and it's a beast. You'll need to play it on turn 4 to get immediate value out of it though, but tempoing it out at 2 mana should still be a solid play. 

• TheOdinson's Avatar 140 144 Posts Joined 06/04/2019

Free secrets are interesting, but there will be times when this is just a 2 mana 2/3. I mean its a beast and its got fine stats, so its probably fine. 

To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of the women.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.