New Rogue Spell - Seal Fate

• Arthas's Avatar 185 459 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 1 month, 2 weeks ago

A new Rare Rogue Spell, Seal Fate, has been revealed!

Seal Fate Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Descent of Dragons

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Descent of Dragons!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• iWatchUSleep's Avatar 375 464 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Compares extremely poorly against Backstab. Invoke is not worth nearly 3 mana.

• KANSAS's Avatar Wall 695 1077 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Quote From iWatchUSleep

Compared extremely poorly against Backstab. Invoke is not worth nearly 3 mana.

yeah, it is too bad it is limited only to un-damaged characters. 

• Almaniarra's Avatar Draconically Dedicated 410 698 Posts Joined 03/21/2019
    Posted 1 month, 1 week ago

This card is To My Side! of this set.

Mark my words.

It will see more play than you thought.

Ah and, as always, Preparation if you want to see a dead card in hand if Galakrond, the Nightmare draws it.

• KANSAS's Avatar Wall 695 1077 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Quote From Almaniarra

Mark my words.

yeah, the rogue glakrond has such a powerful battlecry when fully invoked, so I imagine that all rogue invoke cards will be better than we think

• Almaniarra's Avatar Draconically Dedicated 410 698 Posts Joined 03/21/2019
    Quote From KANSAS
    Quote From Almaniarra

Mark my words.

yeah, the rogue glakrond has such a powerful battlecry when fully invoked, so I imagine that all rogue invoke cards will be better than we think

it is not just battlecry. Invoke means simply "add a lackey to your hand" for rogues. its Galakrond's hero power and you should read this card as,

"Deal 3 damage to an undamaged character(not a minion) and add a random lackey to your hand.)

Think that it costs 2 when you attach lackey generation to a neutral 1/1 beast; EVIL Cable Rat.

A neutral 1/1 beast costs 0; Snowflipper Penguin

Dealing 5 damage to an undamaged character costs 3; Shadow Strike

So this card is well-costed and fair enough in my opinion.

+ Backstab can't deal damage to face, this can. So you can't evaluate this card's damage dealing same as Backstab.

its balancing is like; 2 mana for "Deal 3 damage to an undamaged character" and 1 mana for "Invoke".

• drfelip's Avatar Valeera 225 155 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

It seemed overly expensive to me, but your calculations are right. It may see play in many decks with Galakrond.

The pleasure is mine.

My last standard decks: Nothing to call home about at this time.

• RandomGuy's Avatar 305 474 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

I think Rogue Galkrond is very good, so I think this card is good enough.

• Joda's Avatar Magma Rager 240 143 Posts Joined 04/01/2019
    Posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

Looking mediocre, but i like it. I hope Galakrond decks will work!

Never netdeck, craft Whizbang instead!

• ArcanisDF's Avatar Bronze Supporter 285 179 Posts Joined 08/01/2019

again, if Galakrond Rogue works out it will be a good card, but a 3 mana Backstab is not ok for me

• ArngrimUndying's Avatar Jaina 355 341 Posts Joined 06/11/2019

I could see this being a good target for Prep, but beyond that I'm not sure the Invoke mechanic is worth the extra cost. 

• johnyDI's Avatar Island 165 147 Posts Joined 03/31/2019

I don't this this card is as expensive as people make it out to be. backstab is just to darn cheap, no rogue deck goes without it (except odd rogue). In the dalaram expansion people dismissed lackeys as a funny but weak gymic, and look how they turned out. This will see play, as well as all the rogue galakrond package, mark my words.

• Orrien's Avatar 190 37 Posts Joined 03/15/2019

I don't think the fact that this can go face makes it better (how often did you cast shadow strike on your opponent), but it's an auto-include in galakrond rogue (from what we've seen so far).

• Alfi's Avatar E.V.I.L. Dragon 315 201 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Deal 3 damage and get a lackey? Good!

-=alfi=-

• linkblade91's Avatar Global Moderator Draconically Dedicated 260 323 Posts Joined 02/09/2019

Just rotate Preparation already. It continues to have a degenerate effect on the Rogue's mana costs. There's no reason this needs to cost 3.

If you have the time please check out my custom expansion, The Trials Within Us!

• Nere's Avatar 90 67 Posts Joined 07/28/2019
    Posted 3 weeks, 2 days ago

Originally I thought it´s really underwhelming, but that was before I learnt that playing an invoke card also does the effect of the Galakrond´s hero power. 3 damage, invoke advancement and a lackey seems good enough for 3 mana.

• Valord's Avatar 150 145 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Looks bad at first til you realize it also gives you a lackey as well. Seems alright

• Input's Avatar 160 163 Posts Joined 06/01/2019

Shadow Strike that trades 2 damage for a lackey/upgrading Galakrond. Not super strong, but strong enough to go into some decks. 

• Hedwyn's Avatar Draconically Dedicated 290 160 Posts Joined 07/05/2019

Mayble playable, a insanely worse Backstab, but this will be necessary in Galakrond decks.

I'm sorry for my bad english :)

• DelkoHS's Avatar Child of Galakrond 280 284 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Quote From iWatchUSleep

Compares extremely poorly against Backstab. Invoke is not worth nearly 3 mana.

Compared to Shadow Strike it only loses 2 damage. It's not to bad imo. Despite the Preparation nerf it still provides a good tempo removal, and fits Miracle Rogue very nicely ;)

• frosthearth's Avatar 300 264 Posts Joined 03/18/2019

It's not very effective... 4 mana you deal 3 damage and get a lackey to play, which won't help you much

• TheOdinson's Avatar 140 144 Posts Joined 06/04/2019

Invoking is going to be required, and some of the neutral options are worse than this, but this is pretty bad. Its very expensive while also being conditional. Not unplayable, but not anything you are happy about.

To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of the women.

• mayhern's Avatar 130 142 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

Not very interestin... an improved backstab that gives you a lackey. Might see play in arena.

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 525 898 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

Will have to do if Galakrond Rogue is to succeed.

Probably gonna hhave to hard mulligan for Togwaggle since you generate so many lackeys

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• troY's Avatar E.V.I.L. Dragon 165 149 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

Compared to Backstab it's bad, but it's still somewhat decent removal with an added bonus of Invoking. Might see play

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.