New Rogue Hero - Galakrond, the Nightmare

• Arthas's Avatar 185 459 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 1 month, 2 weeks ago

A new Legendary Rogue Hero, Galakrond, the Nightmare, has been revealed!

Galakrond, the Nightmare Card Image

Tokens

Galakrond, the Apocalypse Card Image Galakrond, Azeroth's End Card Image Galakrond's Guile Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Descent of Dragons

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Descent of Dragons!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• Starscream's Avatar 135 79 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Unbelievably powerful. Turn 7, draw FOUR CARDS, and each costs ZERO????

Game over on turn 7? Leeroy, eviscerate, eviscerate, cold blood... you can imagine the possible combos. 

• SLima's Avatar 150 90 Posts Joined 08/17/2019

Very good. But i wish this card got a different Hero Power and this Hero Power (Add a Lackey to your hand) belonged to Warlock's Galakrond. Dark Pharaoh Tekahn would appreciate it a lot more.

• Avalon's Avatar 380 468 Posts Joined 06/12/2019
    Posted 1 month, 1 week ago
    Quote From Starscream

Game over on turn 7? Leeroy, eviscerate, eviscerate, cold blood... you can imagine the possible combos. 

People miss an important thing about Galakrond: if you want to get as much value as possible from him, just can't just jam it on turn 7 most of the times.

Before that, you have to play 2 cards (or 3, I don't remember) with the Invoke mechanic, which are kinda awkward (see the 4 mana 2/2 with Rush, not really a Rogue card).

I'm not saying that Galakrond won't see play (I in fact think the opposite, even more that they're completely free for everyone), but if they decided to release such card it means that they have their own reasons.

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 455 638 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Quote From Starscream

you need to invoke 4 times before it's that effect

the invoke cards in rogue are lackey generators though so you might want to play them anyway.. but still it's probably not gonna happen on turn 7 unless you are really lucky.

• Almaniarra's Avatar Draconically Dedicated 410 698 Posts Joined 03/21/2019
    Quote From Avalon
    Quote From Starscream

People miss an important thing about Galakrond: if you want to get as much value as possible from him, just can't just jam it on turn 7 most of the times.

Before that, you have to play 2 cards (or 3, I don't remember) with the Invoke mechanic, which are kinda awkward (see the 4 mana 2/2 with Rush, not really a Rogue card).

I'm not saying that Galakrond won't see play (I in fact think the opposite, even more that they're completely free for everyone), but if they decided to release such card it means that they have their own reasons.

Rogue has Spirit of the Shark that means it can be invoked twice in a turn + Seal Fate and Praise Galakrond! are cheap enough and all invoke cards are giving more Lackeys to rogue thanks to Galakrond, the Nightmare's hero power. Lackeys are so powerful in rogue as you can imagine.

+ you can take more advantage with extra coins of Umbral Skulker.

Imagine a play like turn 1 Pharaoh Cat turn 2 Praise Galakrond! turn 3 Seal Fate turn 4 Umbral Skulker

you will end up 1 reborn minion + 2 lackeys + 3 coins + 3 drawn cards in hand, 1 removal for 3 health minion or dealt 3 damage to face and your Galakrond, the Nightmare already upgraded by 1 level. All you need is 2 more and you have + mana with coins in hand + lackeys for value. You can play that shitty invoke cards with lackeys + coins without hesitation like turn 5 Shield of Galakrond or Devoted Maniac + a lackey and turn 6 Shield of Galakrond + a lackey or Devoted Maniac + 2 lackeys. they also will add 2 more lackeys to your hand with a rush minion on board and some protection with a taunt minion and you will have something to play in hand and your Galakrond, the Nightmare ready to act at turn 7 with upgraded twice. It seemed a good play to me but well it is the best case scenario.

• Almaniarra's Avatar Draconically Dedicated 410 698 Posts Joined 03/21/2019

Btw, why I skipped it I don't know but You probably don't want to play it before you cleared all invoke cards etc.

+ Togwaggle's Scheme can create great value for this card.

• Lambda's Avatar 145 76 Posts Joined 07/24/2019

The strongest card of DoD so far in my opinion.

• anchorm4n's Avatar HearthStationeer 380 273 Posts Joined 03/13/2019

Definitely the strongest Galakrond card so far. Also makes Heistbaron Togwaggle way more consistent. Those two might provide a buildaround on their own: early game is lackeys and the usual tempo package while constantly invoking Galakrond, then go Togwaggle or Galakrond around turn 7 and draw some heavy minions like Colossus of the Moon, Living Monument, Big Bad Archmage (or rag in wild). The hero power and Umbral Skulker can also lead to a huge edwin. So all in all this looks really powerful!

Double the pride, double the fall.

• RandomGuy's Avatar 305 474 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

This one feels incredibly strong in the context of what Rogue has right now.

Togwaggle's Scheme, Shadow Step (for Invoke minions), Shadow of Death (draw to proc, obviously the cost reduction is meaningless), Anka + Deathrattle stuff, Waxadred, Togwaggle....

It just seems like there are all the tools in the world for this to be strong enough in a class that's almost always one of the best.

And the Hero Power upgrade is definitely one of the best.

• RenanFolk's Avatar 145 142 Posts Joined 07/30/2019
    Posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

5 stars! cost zero is such a big deal, you can make insane combos if you draw the right cards

• ArcanisDF's Avatar Bronze Supporter 285 179 Posts Joined 08/01/2019

This one really scares me!!! OMG all the possible combos.... Edwin VanCleef says hello

• Joda's Avatar Magma Rager 240 143 Posts Joined 04/01/2019

Lackies and free cards. Count me in!

Never netdeck, craft Whizbang instead!

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 525 898 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

At this point I'M a bit skeptical....

I've played a bunch of Tempo Rogue and while Wondrous Wand off of Togwaggle is great it usually doesn't really win the game on the spot...and generating lackeys is also neat....but still not great. And to even get all of this you have to run the INvokers, which, so far, don't seem that powerful for Rogue.

Even if there were some combo shenanigans...Rogue hasn't been all that strong in that department lately anyways.

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• Zertanix's Avatar 100 30 Posts Joined 06/16/2019

Insane effect, awesome hero power, what else to say. It is definitely seeing play in top tier decks and it looks like it may be meta defining but that is hard to tell at the moment.

• Wendeee's Avatar Bronze Supporter 320 147 Posts Joined 03/29/2019

6/5 stars:) If we would not get this for free, I would craft it day 1. Seems OP.

I do what I must, when I must. Know this well.

• og0's Avatar HearthStationeer 475 437 Posts Joined 03/31/2019

It's hard to see how this one isn't great, and perhaps the best one.  We'll see.

There are only 10d types of people who understand binary, I know what 10b of them are but not the other 1000b.

• ArngrimUndying's Avatar Jaina 355 341 Posts Joined 06/11/2019

Best of the Galakronds so far. Zero mana cards? Fantastic. Draw? Useful. Unending stream of Lackeys? Oh boy yes. Welcome back to Tempo Rogue people; Burgle Rogue people (like myself) had our moment in the sun, but alas it is now over.

• xreflex98's Avatar Bulbasaur 95 94 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

Looks bonkers, once again, let's hope Control Rogue works.

• johnyDI's Avatar Island 165 147 Posts Joined 03/31/2019

By far the best galakrond so far revealed! Rogue has been known for its miracle deck since the dawn of hearthstone. People always dismiss the reaperence of the deck, but the archtype usually only needs 1 more good card to work, which I believe to be this one.

• linkblade91's Avatar Global Moderator Draconically Dedicated 260 323 Posts Joined 02/09/2019

Obvious Miracle Rogue is obvious. I don't play such decks, so I don't really care about this card. I expect to see it a LOT, though.

If you have the time please check out my custom expansion, The Trials Within Us!

• Koetti's Avatar Island 365 246 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

Malygos+Scheme+Galakrond+Coins+2xSinister Strike = 46 Damage

Long, drawn-out Control Match-ups with Boardclears en masse and an unbelievable amount of greedy cards?

Sign me up!

• Nere's Avatar 90 67 Posts Joined 07/28/2019

Potentially dangerous, rogue loves cheap cards so 0 cost cards and lackeys are juicy!

• Valord's Avatar 150 145 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Anything that will make something cost 0 mana is already good, Rogue will have probably some shenanigans with Malygos or something.

• Input's Avatar 160 163 Posts Joined 06/01/2019

It's such a shame we can't just pay an "upgrade" cost in dust. So far the top golden craft for me from what's been revealed.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.