New Priest Hero - Galakrond, the Unspeakable

• Arthas's Avatar 185 459 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 1 month, 1 week ago

A new Legendary Priest Hero, Galakrond, the Unspeakable, has been revealed!

Galakrond, the Unspeakable Card Image

Tokens

Galakrond, Azeroth's End Card Image Galakrond, the Apocalypse Card Image Galakrond's Wit Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Descent of Dragons

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Descent of Dragons!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• iWatchUSleep's Avatar 375 462 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Hey, more board clear for priest. Wonder what the hero power will be.

• EpicnessLord12's Avatar Malfurion 30 3 Posts Joined 11/01/2019

Considering Plague of Death is already available for Priest, this really isn't that strong of an ability. The hero power will make or break this card.

• CursedParrot's Avatar 125 59 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Legendstuff's Video shows the Hero Power being "Add a random Priest Card to your hand"

• CursedParrot's Avatar 125 59 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Which I guess gives Priest Infinite cards in the Late-game, which from Deathstalker Rexxar and Dr.Boom's Hero Powers has been shown to be quite good

• AliRadicali's Avatar 400 623 Posts Joined 06/06/2019

Regardless of power level, I strongly dislike the design of these new Galakrond cards. It seems to combine all the worst design aspects of C'thun,  (being forced to play meh cards to power up your big win condition), Spellstones (balance issues with weak uncharged versions and OP supercharged versions) and hero cards. Worst of all, the card itself tells you next to nothing about what it does, which has always been a peeve of mine, but Galakrond takes it to new heights. At the very least they ought to have printed the invoke effects onto the cards, because it's ridiculous that you have to watch the expansion trailer to learn what invoking Glakrond actually does.

I thought Blizzard was moving away from this type of single-card-centric playstyle after their KotFT experiment, but I guess we're doubling down now.

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 520 867 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

Big Oof. So we give Priest a shitload of of removal, add an infinite value generator and there we go. Have fun with Priest being another iteration of Warrior and depending on what they get, it'll either be better or worse.

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• frosthearth's Avatar 275 257 Posts Joined 03/18/2019

Hero power is officially 'Add a random priest minion to your hand'. Such a shame tbh

• Xrazoc's Avatar 125 93 Posts Joined 03/29/2019

Priests "Galakrond Invoke" is good but not broken, it is still random priest minions, could end up with wrong minions that you can't utilize. you can't build around this invoke effect, it is just a RNG Fiesta.

Destroying up to 4 minions is pretty strong for being a battlecry, will struggle against token deck s that can generate multiply minions.

• PopeNeia's Avatar 205 168 Posts Joined 07/06/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

Or we could get Princess Talanji and absolutely wreck everyone

This ain't no place for a hero

• Horus's Avatar Stalagg 610 799 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

I want to believe this will push different archetype for priest ... I do.
    ... but it wont

'' When I was your age, Pluto was a planet. '' -Unknown

• RandomGuy's Avatar 305 468 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

"Infinite" value...but random priest cards tend to be among the worst "random cards" a class can generate because Priest's classic set is such garbage.

I'll never count a hero card out, though. And priest is traditionally one of the grindiest classes. And this is grindy.

• RenanFolk's Avatar 145 142 Posts Joined 07/30/2019
    Posted 2 weeks, 4 days ago

looks like anduin death knight, but worst

• TheOdinson's Avatar 135 144 Posts Joined 06/04/2019

The battlecry of this thing is crazy, and the invoke trigger effectively drawing you cards is pretty sweet. ATM Priest has some heavy variance in their class minions, but that said, in general all class minions are pretty decent. This is obviously a worse hero power than many of the previous deathknights, but at even one upgrade for 7 mana the Battlecry alone is pretty solid, at the full 4 minions its potentially gamebreaking, and a value hero power is never bad. 

To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of the women.

• ArcanisDF's Avatar Dragon 280 177 Posts Joined 08/01/2019

Good card, and another removal for priests

• Joda's Avatar Magma Rager 240 143 Posts Joined 04/01/2019

I like the random priest minions :P I know, Im rank26...

Never netdeck, craft Whizbang instead!

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 520 867 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

So just for the memes, how about Talanji Priest now?

We already have Seance to combo with it and now we can generate infinite minions to pull with her (and most Priest minions are actually fairly big). All we need is enough removal to outlast our opponents to continuously generate more stuff to pull 3 times total.

It's not great, but when's the last time Control Priest had a win condition of its own instead of just being Warrior but worse

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• TheWanderer's Avatar Bulbasaur 150 151 Posts Joined 09/09/2019

I like the idea of, once the hero is played, being able to use invoke cards to clear off enemy minions. A better execute!

• ArngrimUndying's Avatar Jaina 350 329 Posts Joined 06/11/2019

Currently looks like the weakest of the Galakronds to me - Priest already has a ton of board clear/removal so while the battlecry fits the class flavor, it's a little overkill. And the hero power is just RNG so getting bad Priest minions will be a big drain. Too bad

• Zertanix's Avatar 100 30 Posts Joined 06/16/2019

It has a lot of potential due to its powerful effect, but its hero power is very weak which makes it hard to say if it is going to see play in high level deck.

If control priest gets any support I can see Galakrond as very nice tool but definitely not the game changing factor.

• og0's Avatar HearthStationeer 440 428 Posts Joined 03/31/2019

Love priest.  Don't like combo or res priest.

Want Dragon Priest back but kinda disappointed in this one.  Hope I'm wrong but killing 4 minions (which may just be small tokens) and random priest minions seems bad.  In the days of mega Control Warrior v Control Priest it would be great but that is long in the past.

There are only 10d types of people who understand binary, I know what 10b of them are but not the other 1000b.

• johnyDI's Avatar Island 155 147 Posts Joined 03/31/2019

This is anduim deathknight but for midrange deck, not combo decks. Still a 7 mana board clear cannot be that easily dismissed. Stil, the worse of the 3 now released galakronds.

• xreflex98's Avatar Bulbasaur 95 94 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

Control Priest it's gonna love this one. Looks strong 

• linkblade91's Avatar Global Moderator 255 317 Posts Joined 02/09/2019

Good thing I own Princess Talanji, 'cause she will absolutely love the Hero Power. Invoke a bunch of times, hoard the Priest minions, then drop them all at once.

...then lose them to an AoE and cry.

• Nere's Avatar 90 67 Posts Joined 07/28/2019

Battlecry similar to Shadowreaper Anduin, nice clean. The hero power itself isn´t bad, but I wonder if it´s just not too slow getting a random minion every turn. Random mage spell turned out to be a failure so...

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.