New Neutral Minion - Sathrovarr

• Arthas's Avatar 170 353 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 2 weeks, 5 days ago

A new Legendary Neutral Minion, Sathrovarr, has been revealed!

Sathrovarr Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Descent of Dragons

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Descent of Dragons!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• RavenSunHS's Avatar Swamp 395 762 Posts Joined 03/27/2019

Interesting card, but its cost may be too high to make him a consistent card for Value purposes.

Still solid for some Combo.

• SLima's Avatar 85 15 Posts Joined 08/17/2019

Seems decent but really hard to get value from.

• JoeyJojo48's Avatar 175 33 Posts Joined 06/11/2019

Has a lot of potential (0-mana Shirvallah, the Tiger + this on turn 9 is really strong).

• KANSAS's Avatar Wall 550 791 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

This card will probably be too slow to be good. But I am very excited to try it out in some weird greedy control decks with this.

• Sol's Avatar 80 23 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

I recall seeing a similar card in Hearthcards. I think it's a slow, but flexible, card: Copying a minion on the battlefield gives way for end-of-turn shenanigans, putting a copy of a minion into your hand enables multiple-turn aggro/defensive plays(potential triple King Krush, anyone?), shuffling a copy of a minion into your deck can be late game-changing (Shirvallah, the Tiger, or a hail-mary Zephrys the Great, maybe). Being a 9-drop also dampens the Evolve/Conjurer's Calling pool.

Well it's over

• AnAngryBadger's Avatar 110 80 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Could this be a hint at next year having a legion theme? 

• Togwaggle's Avatar 90 22 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 2 weeks, 4 days ago

I think this card will be very strong with reborn and deathrattle minions. Especially in priests with their re-summons and Grave Horror and in Rogue with Anka and 1 cost minions . also any deck that runs two Khartut Defender should consider it    

• Zwane's Avatar Wizard 240 308 Posts Joined 06/04/2019
    Posted 2 weeks, 2 days ago

Interesting card . I am sure someone will find a way to exploit the 3 copies for some OTK / infinite value loop. Some cards are nice to have multiplies of like Zephrys or Rag, but he will be leaving?

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 375 490 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

BTW we are getting a free non golden copy of this card. 

• Marega's Avatar 220 191 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Except that the tigers in deck and hand will cost 25. So im not seeing u being able to discount the other 2

• RandomGuy's Avatar 295 451 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

I haven't read any busted combos with this yet. But it seems like a card that is unique enough to see some niche competitive play at some point during its life cycle.

• JoeyJojo48's Avatar 175 33 Posts Joined 06/11/2019
    Quote From Marega

Except that the tigers in deck and hand will cost 25. So im not seeing u being able to discount the other 2

No they won't cost 25, that's not how Shirvallah, the Tiger works. The discount from playing spells applies to ALL copies of Shirvallah, including ones you generate or bounce (technically the game applies the discount when it enters your hand, hence why the Holy Wrath combo deals 25 damage not 0 damage).

So if you play a (0) mana Shirvallah and then play Sathrovarr on it you'll end up with 2 Shirvallahs in play, another in hand that costs (0), and another in your deck that when you draw it you can play for (0). In a Shirvallah OTK deck that could be a pretty powerful spike that keeps the Holy Wrath combo intact.

• Horus's Avatar Stalagg 525 613 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Even if very slow, I think it will be a nice add to many control oriented play style and decks.  Wild Reno-lock's list, namely, could benefit from such card's effect and tribe tag, as it conveniently fits multiple purpose at once. You could play Faceless, Baleful and Zola AND have just get this guy to do the same, as a backup plan.

It is like the Swiss army knife of control decks!

'' When I was your age, Pluto was a planet. '' -Unknown

• awkwar's Avatar 25 1 Posts Joined 11/05/2019
    Posted 2 weeks, 1 day ago

This fella used Sathrovarr on my Kun. Guess "friendly" in card's text means nothing.

//fixed the image -Sinti

• Thonson's Avatar 355 285 Posts Joined 03/24/2019
    Posted 2 weeks ago
    Quote From awkwar

This fella used Sathrovarr on my Kun. Guess "friendly" in card's text means nothing.

https://imgur.com/a/g6FHz7l

You should open a ticket on the official HS forums, link this screenshot to them.  Probably just a bug.  Add it to the current bug list...

• AliRadicali's Avatar 360 535 Posts Joined 06/06/2019
    Posted 2 weeks ago

Been playing a bit of OTK Paladin now that Sathrovarr has been released and I have to say I'm impressed. I thought it would feel like a win-more card but it really isn't: it adds a huge spike/recovery turn that would otherwise cost you half of your combo damage to pull off before you empty your deck. Not only that, the sheer value of the card gives you some amount of lategame reach beyond the combo itself.

The fact that you can summon 14/21 points of rushing, lifestealing damage and still have Shirvallahs left over for your bankers to copy makes this guy a must in OTK paladin and might make it the deck to beat, at least until the full set releases.

Edit: Sathrovarr might also make a pretty good card for quest druid as long as Kun, the Forgotten King remains in standard. Not only is it great tempo and value to clone your Kun, the extra armor allows you to get out of reach of OTK paladin's burn, which can be pretty tricky if you're relying only on Hidden Oasis and Ferocious Howl.

• Zwane's Avatar Wizard 240 308 Posts Joined 06/04/2019
    Posted 1 week, 5 days ago

Have great fun with this card in a OTK mage deck featuring Malygos, Alexstrasza, Archmage Antonidas etc. Works perfectly in combination with Galaxy spell. 

• Starscream's Avatar 130 73 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Quote From AliRadicali

Been playing a bit of OTK Paladin now that Sathrovarr has been released and I have to say I'm impressed. I thought it would feel like a win-more card but it really isn't: it adds a huge spike/recovery turn that would otherwise cost you half of your combo damage to pull off before you empty your deck. Not only that, the sheer value of the card gives you some amount of lategame reach beyond the combo itself.

The fact that you can summon 14/21 points of rushing, lifestealing damage and still have Shirvallahs left over for your bankers to copy makes this guy a must in OTK paladin and might make it the deck to beat, at least until the full set releases.

Edit: Sathrovarr might also make a pretty good card for quest druid as long as Kun, the Forgotten King remains in standard. Not only is it great tempo and value to clone your Kun, the extra armor allows you to get out of reach of OTK paladin's burn, which can be pretty tricky if you're relying only on Hidden Oasis and Ferocious Howl.

You are right. It's disgusting in OTK Paladin. The "extra" Shirvallahs are zero mana cost as well if you have spent enough on spells already. I really hope this deck doesn't take off between now and Dec 10 because it's awful to play against

• Hydralisk's Avatar Mountain 330 198 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Quote From AliRadicali

What did you cut for it?

• OmarComing's Avatar Bronze Supporter 315 136 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Quote From Hydralisk
    Quote From AliRadicali

What did you cut for it?

Put him in over Subdue if you are running that. No reason to subdue someone when you can just split their soul apart. 

• Protkenny's Avatar 60 12 Posts Joined 03/15/2019

Try Viper's list! 

Quote From Hydralisk
    Quote From AliRadicali

What did you cut for it?

I'm not running Emperor T which I see some people playing, and only one Flash of Light. It's probably easier to just post my own little homegrown list because there's a lot of ways you can tweak the deck. I'm by no means claiming that this is an optimised decklist by the way; I've only really started playing OTK pally now that Sathrovarr has made it OP.

• Horizon's Avatar 80 9 Posts Joined 06/24/2019
    Posted 1 week, 4 days ago

Hey, could you show your paladin deck list with sathrovarr?

Posted 1 week, 3 days ago
    Quote From Horizon

Hey, could you show your paladin deck list with sathrovarr?

It should be in the post right above yours. Is it not showing on your end

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.