New Priest Spell - Time Rip

• Arthas's Avatar 185 459 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 1 month, 2 weeks ago

A new Rare Priest Spell, Time Rip, has been revealed!

Time Rip Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Descent of Dragons

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Descent of Dragons!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• Avalon's Avatar 380 468 Posts Joined 06/12/2019
    Posted 1 month, 1 week ago

Assassinate with an upside

• Almaniarra's Avatar Draconically Dedicated 410 698 Posts Joined 03/21/2019
    Quote From Avalon

Galakrond, the Unspeakable's hero power is "Add a random priest minion to your hand."

So this is Assassinate + Add a random priest minion to your hand. It is not just an upside, it is overpowered i think. Even more with Fate Weaver.

• iWatchUSleep's Avatar 375 464 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Quote From Almaniarra
    Quote From Avalon

Galakrond, the Unspeakable's hero power is "Add a random priest minion to your hand."

So this is Assassinate + Add a random priest minion to your hand. It is not just an upside, it is overpowered i think. Even more with Fate Weaver.

Except you need to invoke twice to get one additional priest minion. So it isn't as strong as you make it out to be here.

• Almaniarra's Avatar Draconically Dedicated 410 698 Posts Joined 03/21/2019
    Quote From iWatchUSleep
    Quote From Almaniarra
    Quote From Avalon

Except you need to invoke twice to get one additional priest minion. So it isn't as strong as you make it out to be here.

I don't think you need to invoke twice before you are able to activate galakrond's hero power. All invoke cards activates the hero power regardless galakrond is upgraded or not. At least i saw them in this video;

• iWatchUSleep's Avatar 375 464 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Quote From Almaniarra
    Quote From iWatchUSleep
    Quote From Almaniarra
    Quote From Avalon

I don't think you need to invoke twice before you are able to activate galakrond's hero power. All invoke cards activates the hero power regardless galakrond is upgraded or not. At least i saw them in this video;

Oh wait I completely misunderstood the invoke mechanic. Yeah, my bad. I wasn't even aware that invoke activates Galakrond's hero power.

Might have to reevaluate some invoke cards then...

• RandomGuy's Avatar 305 474 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

It's likely a good card for priest, but insert standard priest disclaimers here <weak to OTKs, few ways to actually finish games, etc.>

• Firenza's Avatar 175 105 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Heavy card. Replaces SW:D in Galakrond decks.

• Yusuke's Avatar 150 115 Posts Joined 06/02/2019
    Quote From Almaniarra
    Quote From Avalon

Overpowered in Priest, where you have access to SW:D? Not really. This card is totally balanced for 5 mana.

• TheOdinson's Avatar 140 144 Posts Joined 06/04/2019
    Posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

I really dislike this card, it just seems too good. Destroy a minion, add a random priest minion to your hand, in a class that has historically had trouble with unconditional single target removal. Its not so expensive it feels bad killing something small but dangerous, and killing anything large feels more than fine.

To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of the women.

• Joda's Avatar Magma Rager 240 143 Posts Joined 04/01/2019

No more problem with 4-attack minions.

Never netdeck, craft Whizbang instead!

• ArcanisDF's Avatar Bronze Supporter 285 179 Posts Joined 08/01/2019

another removal for Priest... it's almost like... like Warriors LOL

• ArngrimUndying's Avatar Jaina 355 341 Posts Joined 06/11/2019

I don't see this being "bad" as much as "not as good at either of the two things it does vs other cards." I expect I'd rather run other Invokers and other removals rather than just this one expensive spell. However, this is one of those cards I'm fully prepared to be dead wrong about (which tends to happen a lot) since I seem to be in minority on not liking the card

• xreflex98's Avatar Bulbasaur 95 94 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

Better assassinate, looks descent.

• johnyDI's Avatar Island 165 147 Posts Joined 03/31/2019

This one is simple: if galakrond sees play, then this is a possible shadow word: death replacement. Still a little expensive give priest cheap single target removal.

• Koetti's Avatar Island 365 246 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

Im not sold on this one. 

SW:D is way cheaper, Forbidden Words is more flexible and in wild you have Entomb

Everyone's comparing it to Assassinate, and that's not a good card either.

Also 5 Mana clear 1 Minion vs. 5 Mana Boardclear

Long, drawn-out Control Match-ups with Boardclears en masse and an unbelievable amount of greedy cards?

Sign me up!

• linkblade91's Avatar Global Moderator Draconically Dedicated 260 323 Posts Joined 02/09/2019

Unconditional removal has always been an issue for Priests; there is a slight possibility of seeing this card outside of Galakrond decks, just because they value the ability to eliminate anyone without a restriction. Maybe not, but you never know lel.

If you have the time please check out my custom expansion, The Trials Within Us!

• Lightspoon's Avatar Merfolk 400 342 Posts Joined 04/01/2019

For Wild may be decent if you go with Galakrond, the Unspeakable (of course) but otherwise Entomb still better since you avoid any deathrattle's trigger for you opponent while also adding a resource to your own deck.

• Nere's Avatar 90 67 Posts Joined 07/28/2019

I mean, it is better than Assassinate, but no-one plays Assassinate. However the synergy with Galakrond and especially the invoke dragon could make it playable

• Valord's Avatar 150 145 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Its good but priest have better removal options outside of this archetype.

• Input's Avatar 160 163 Posts Joined 06/01/2019

I'm still not sold on the "random priest minion" power, but Assassinate with card generation is not bad.

• Hedwyn's Avatar Draconically Dedicated 290 160 Posts Joined 07/05/2019
    Posted 3 weeks, 2 days ago

Priest have best removals than this for sure, but if Galakrond is a thing, this is will be a thing too.

I'm sorry for my bad english :)

• DelkoHS's Avatar Child of Galakrond 280 284 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Pretty expensive compared to the other removal Priest has available to them. Invoking obviously is needed in a dedicated deck, but depending on what other cards are available in that aspect, this might not even see play.

• frosthearth's Avatar 300 264 Posts Joined 03/18/2019

Another removal for priest...sigh

• thisismyfreebie's Avatar 70 27 Posts Joined 11/06/2019

Kill any card, gain a random minion? I'm in! Unfortunately, I don't think traditional Control priest will hack it anymore.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.