Remove Ads - Go Premium

New Priest Spell - Time Rip

• Arthas's Avatar 295 942 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 9 months, 1 week ago

A new Rare Priest Spell, Time Rip, has been revealed!

Time Rip Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Descent of Dragons

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Descent of Dragons!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• Avalon's Avatar Content Squad 585 845 Posts Joined 06/12/2019

Assassinate with an upside

Pledge #10: Let's all have fun and play together!

• Almaniarra's Avatar Devoted Outlander 645 1154 Posts Joined 03/21/2019
    Quote From Avalon

Galakrond, the Unspeakable's hero power is "Add a random priest minion to your hand."

So this is Assassinate + Add a random priest minion to your hand. It is not just an upside, it is overpowered i think. Even more with Fate Weaver.

• iWatchUSleep's Avatar 545 665 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Quote From Almaniarra
    Quote From Avalon

Galakrond, the Unspeakable's hero power is "Add a random priest minion to your hand."

So this is Assassinate + Add a random priest minion to your hand. It is not just an upside, it is overpowered i think. Even more with Fate Weaver.

Except you need to invoke twice to get one additional priest minion. So it isn't as strong as you make it out to be here.

• Almaniarra's Avatar Devoted Outlander 645 1154 Posts Joined 03/21/2019
    Quote From iWatchUSleep
    Quote From Almaniarra
    Quote From Avalon

Except you need to invoke twice to get one additional priest minion. So it isn't as strong as you make it out to be here.

I don't think you need to invoke twice before you are able to activate galakrond's hero power. All invoke cards activates the hero power regardless galakrond is upgraded or not. At least i saw them in this video;

• iWatchUSleep's Avatar 545 665 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Quote From Almaniarra
    Quote From iWatchUSleep
    Quote From Almaniarra
    Quote From Avalon

I don't think you need to invoke twice before you are able to activate galakrond's hero power. All invoke cards activates the hero power regardless galakrond is upgraded or not. At least i saw them in this video;

Oh wait I completely misunderstood the invoke mechanic. Yeah, my bad. I wasn't even aware that invoke activates Galakrond's hero power.

Might have to reevaluate some invoke cards then...

• RandomGuy's Avatar 335 594 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

It's likely a good card for priest, but insert standard priest disclaimers here <weak to OTKs, few ways to actually finish games, etc.>

• Firenza's Avatar 265 191 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Heavy card. Replaces SW:D in Galakrond decks.

• Yusuke's Avatar 195 165 Posts Joined 06/02/2019
    Quote From Almaniarra
    Quote From Avalon

Overpowered in Priest, where you have access to SW:D? Not really. This card is totally balanced for 5 mana.

• TheOdinson's Avatar 240 149 Posts Joined 06/04/2019
    Posted 8 months, 3 weeks ago

I really dislike this card, it just seems too good. Destroy a minion, add a random priest minion to your hand, in a class that has historically had trouble with unconditional single target removal. Its not so expensive it feels bad killing something small but dangerous, and killing anything large feels more than fine.

To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of the women.

• Joda's Avatar Servant of Illidan 295 147 Posts Joined 04/01/2019

No more problem with 4-attack minions.

Never netdeck, craft Whizbang instead!

• ArcanisDF's Avatar The Cake Is A Lie 340 210 Posts Joined 08/01/2019

another removal for Priest... it's almost like... like Warriors LOL

• ArngrimUndying's Avatar Draconically Dedicated 460 626 Posts Joined 06/11/2019

I don't see this being "bad" as much as "not as good at either of the two things it does vs other cards." I expect I'd rather run other Invokers and other removals rather than just this one expensive spell. However, this is one of those cards I'm fully prepared to be dead wrong about (which tends to happen a lot) since I seem to be in minority on not liking the card

• xreflex98's Avatar Bulbasaur 95 96 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

Better assassinate, looks descent.

• johnyDI's Avatar Island 175 172 Posts Joined 03/31/2019

This one is simple: if galakrond sees play, then this is a possible shadow word: death replacement. Still a little expensive give priest cheap single target removal.

• Koetti's Avatar Island 515 651 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

Im not sold on this one. 

SW:D is way cheaper, Forbidden Words is more flexible and in wild you have Entomb

Everyone's comparing it to Assassinate, and that's not a good card either.

Also 5 Mana clear 1 Minion vs. 5 Mana Boardclear

Long, drawn-out Control Match-ups with Boardclears en masse and an unbelievable amount of greedy cards?

Sign me up!

• linkblade91's Avatar Global Moderator Draconically Dedicated 610 975 Posts Joined 02/09/2019

Unconditional removal has always been an issue for Priests; there is a slight possibility of seeing this card outside of Galakrond decks, just because they value the ability to eliminate anyone without a restriction. Maybe not, but you never know lel.

If you have the time, you should totally check out our weekly Hearthstone card design competitions! :D

• Lightspoon's Avatar Merfolk 450 405 Posts Joined 04/01/2019

For Wild may be decent if you go with Galakrond, the Unspeakable (of course) but otherwise Entomb still better since you avoid any deathrattle's trigger for you opponent while also adding a resource to your own deck.

"For what profit is it to a man if he gains the world, and loses his own soul?"

• Nere's Avatar 90 67 Posts Joined 07/28/2019

I mean, it is better than Assassinate, but no-one plays Assassinate. However the synergy with Galakrond and especially the invoke dragon could make it playable

• Valord's Avatar 245 281 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Its good but priest have better removal options outside of this archetype.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium