New Hunter Spell - Toxic Reinforcements

• Arthas's Avatar 195 483 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 3 months, 2 weeks ago

A new Epic Hunter Spell, Toxic Reinforcements, has been revealed!

Toxic Reinforcements Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Descent of Dragons

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Descent of Dragons!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• DoubleSummon's Avatar E.V.I.L. Dragon 515 876 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

seems like a meme to me.. inspire hunter? the other cards are stong but you are not gonna run this one I think since the card is kind of too slow while tryign to do something fast.. that being said, face hunter/odd hunter could really use this card in wild maybe.

• Attack7's Avatar 105 21 Posts Joined 07/01/2019

Seems pretty good with Zul'jin; you usually float some mana if you're running an aggro deck so it doesn't have to be run in a spell centric deck either.

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 655 1091 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

so we're going back to face Hunter or what? I don't hate it, but I thought we moved past the time when all Hunter was doing was press the button and hit face

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• Lambda's Avatar 165 91 Posts Joined 07/24/2019

looks like Quest support.

• RandomGuy's Avatar 315 520 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Feels weak. "Inspire" Hunter will have to be much stronger than I'd guess it will be for this to see play. If we still had 2/1 Leper Gnomes, then I'd worry a bit more about it.

It's not even that good with the Vault Quest, because that deck wants to spend its mana playing minions, not hitting the hero power button.

• Painkiller1724's Avatar 155 127 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Yeah. It's completely messed up. If you want to go face, you will spend your mana on minions, not on hero power. And also you won't bother running a side quest. In the end, running a mid-range deck with some inspire stuff would be just a meme...

But we need to see the other unrevealed cards and what the meta will look like

• gozerh's Avatar 50 5 Posts Joined 04/02/2019

The golden animation of this card will probably be sick :O

• CableKnight's Avatar Content Squad Rexxar 310 165 Posts Joined 03/14/2019

Could see play in Wild Odd Hunter

Gosh dang it, cards bad.

• AliRadicali's Avatar 425 713 Posts Joined 06/06/2019

I find it funny that this would probably be a better card if it just dealt 6 damage to face instead of summoning leper gnomes. At the stage of the game where' you're using hero power turn after turn to close out the game, you typically can't afford to wait one extra turn to cash in the leper deathrattles. I get what the designers were going for but this is just too slow and gimmicky to be playable as a 'nuke'.

• Zwane's Avatar Wizard 260 404 Posts Joined 06/04/2019
    Posted 3 months, 1 week ago

This is a mediocre filler at best. Except if they print a card that says "turn all your leper gnomes into mountain giants".

• ArngrimUndying's Avatar Draconically Dedicated 390 528 Posts Joined 06/11/2019
    Posted 2 months, 4 weeks ago

Meme OTK in WIld:

Play this, get to two HP uses before turn 10.

Turn 10: 

2 mana HP to summon the three gnomes, 4 mana Necromechanic, then 2 mana Feign Death x2 = 10 mana & 26 dmg. 

With EITHER coin or Emperor Thaurissan hitting literally any one piece of the combo, you can add in 1 Play Dead for full OTK.

• johnyDI's Avatar Island 165 147 Posts Joined 03/31/2019

I want to like it, but I can't. Too slow for what it does. aggro wants to be faster.

However, I can say that it has a saving grace: Questing explorer. I can see a midrange aggressive deck that makes use of this quest and the card draw of Questing explorer as a possible good deck, if not now, after rotation. Time will tell.

• ArcanisDF's Avatar Supporter 295 188 Posts Joined 08/01/2019

more "face is the place" cards for hunter...feelsbadman

• Joda's Avatar Dragon Scholar 245 144 Posts Joined 04/01/2019

So here is why leper gnome was nerfed back in the day :D

Never netdeck, craft Whizbang instead!

• linkblade91's Avatar Global Moderator Draconically Dedicated 365 391 Posts Joined 02/09/2019

I don't aggro, and that is what the card seems intended for. Would not have looked out of place way back in the day, though, before Leper Gnome was nerfed.

If you have the time, please check out my custom expansion, The Trials Within Us! I also have a custom class, Kel'Thuzad, the Lich! Any feedback would be appreciated <3

• KANSAS's Avatar Wall 780 1310 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

This is just a bad card. Unless hunter gets some playable card that allows you to use your hero power multiple times in a turn then this quest can only be activated (at least) 3 turns after being played. The leper gnomes will do at least 6 damage, which isn't bad later in the game, but I feel like there is a small window of opportunity where you can play this in a mid-range hunter and it is a good play. Top-decking this later in the game will probably get you killed, and you don't want this to take the place of your 1/2 drop. But when played at just the right time it will be a solid way to apply pressure to your opponent, and if you happen to have Houndmaster Shaw on the field, all of those 1/1's will have rush.

First rule of the English language: Their our know rules.

• Sol's Avatar E.V.I.L. Dragon 125 88 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Quite a slow card, but this might be better as a late-game card. With Blackwald Pixie, you can at least finish the quest in two turns and utilize Dragonbane or Goblin Bomb for more damage. In wild, this card might fit in Hunter decks using Baku, the Mooneater, Genn Greymane, or Auctionmaster Beardo, to name a few Hero Power-themed cards

Well it's over

• Nere's Avatar 90 67 Posts Joined 07/28/2019

Ohh this is going to be the Epic card that I will open 9 copies of while needing to craft some useful ones. Not necessarily trash, but I don´t see this one working in a serious deck

• Valord's Avatar 155 145 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Kinda slow I don't think the 6 mana in 3 turns isn't worth the 2 mana worth of bodies. but hey SMOrc

• Almaniarra's Avatar Draconically Dedicated 475 811 Posts Joined 03/21/2019

Imagine Leper Gnome's older 2/1 body with this card.

Those sick gnomes would bring pain for sure.

At least it is 3 less damage isn't it ?

I really hate Face Hunter...

With new Dwarven Sharpshooter, I will probably try an odd hunter list in wild with this card. You may say you don't care targeting minions in odd hunter but it is 1/3 that specialize my deck so ofc I will add it !

But it doesn't change, I still hate face hunter and don't think Toxic Reinforcements is a good card.

• Input's Avatar 165 123 Posts Joined 06/01/2019

Drop the new and improved version of steamwheedle sniper on 1, hero power to control board on 2, this plus hero power on 3,  ..., cry on turn 5 when you're repaid with three one-mana minions for all your effort.

• Hedwyn's Avatar Draconically Dedicated 290 161 Posts Joined 07/05/2019

Worst sidequest? I don't think will see play in any deck.

I'm sorry for my bad english :)

• DelkoHS's Avatar Child of Galakrond 295 349 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

It's pretty slow, so for that reason I don't think it fits really aggressive Hunters. It's also not great in slower decks either, I don't think this will see play. But hey, at least it's 100 dust :p

• Meteorite12's Avatar Magma Rager 340 294 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

This definitely seems to slow for an aggressive deck to want, would be surprised if it saw much play beyond the first few days

Who needs consistency when you could have fun?

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.