New Warrior Minion - Deathwing, Mad Aspect

• Arthas's Avatar 185 459 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 1 month, 1 week ago

A new Legendary Warrior Minion, Deathwing, Mad Aspect, has been revealed!

Deathwing, Mad Aspect Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Descent of Dragons

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Descent of Dragons!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• Avalon's Avatar 375 454 Posts Joined 06/12/2019

Not gonna lie: my first thought was directed to Mogu Fleshshaper Mutate shenanigans

• SLima's Avatar 140 89 Posts Joined 08/17/2019

Pretty good. A board clear on a stick. 

• Avalon's Avatar 375 454 Posts Joined 06/12/2019

We're gonna need more Stubborn Gastropods

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 410 625 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

this is close enough to the original Deathwing, now you can play 3 of them in the same deck.

• Sevault's Avatar Content Squad 75 22 Posts Joined 06/02/2019

Assuming it attacks in a random order and stops if it dies, this doesn't seem too crazy. Against a small board, it's Twisting Nether that leaves a threat, but against a big board, it honestly might not do much

• FieselFitz's Avatar Anduin 345 325 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Love it - Dragon Warrior comback incoming :) 

Challenge me ... when you're ready to duel a god!

• Lambda's Avatar 140 71 Posts Joined 07/24/2019

HOLY GUACAMOLY!!!

• Almaniarra's Avatar HearthStationeer 400 655 Posts Joined 03/21/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

0-mana deal 3 damage to a minion summon 12/12 for shamans...

• Horus's Avatar Stalagg 610 799 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 1 month ago
    Quote From DoubleSummon

this is close enough to the original Deathwing, now you can play 3 of them in the same deck.

3 ?! More like 6, thanks to Sathrovarr !
    But yes, 3 different iterations of the same unique minion is something

'' When I was your age, Pluto was a planet. '' -Unknown

• Demonxz95's Avatar Content Squad Honorary Explorer 390 415 Posts Joined 03/19/2019
    Posted 1 month ago
    Quote From DoubleSummon

And you can do it while playing as the new Deathwing Warrior hero

No, that's wrong!

• Purpleacee's Avatar Malfurion 60 11 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

Does warrior really need another removal ?? this is a joke .. half of their decks are removals and they print another one

• Vandaren's Avatar 125 129 Posts Joined 06/05/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

I hope this can help my Big Dragon Warrior deck until next rotation.

• sinti's Avatar Global Moderator Maximum Volume 640 1036 Posts Joined 10/20/2018
    Posted 1 month ago

Cant wait for the Trollden videos where ppl drop it and it kills off their own board :D You know its gonna happen :D

~ Have an idea? Found a bug? Let us know! ~
    ~ Join us on Discord ~

• RandomGuy's Avatar 305 468 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

Pretty strong card. Hard to imagine that it won't see at least some amount of competitive play.

• KANSAS's Avatar Wall 670 1024 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

The more I think about this card, the more I like it. For one, it is a dragon, and the main use of dragons in dragon decks is not to play them, but to save them to trigger all of their dragon synergies. So having dragons that are situational is okay. 

Against a wide board, Deathwing is basically a not-so-reliable board clear. But against just one or two minions, deathwing is basically a 12/12 with rush. Similar to the original Deathwing, Mad Aspect will, more often than not, clear the board and leave behind a very large threat. 

This card is basically a much more reliable Swamp King Dred. I think it will see play in dragon warrior (and big warrior, if that ever becomes a thing).

P.S. Why is his name 'mad aspect' instead of 'aspect of madness'? This would be more consistent with the new malygos, and it would sound a lot cooler. 

• Meteorite12's Avatar Magma Rager 300 247 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 2 weeks, 4 days ago

I really do love this card so far, one of them that I’m most looking forward to playing when it comes out. Warrior’s generally never really been bothered by killing it’s own minions with a board clear, so that’s not so bad for it either

Who needs consistency when you could have fun?

• RenanFolk's Avatar 145 142 Posts Joined 07/30/2019

hand buffs with this may work

• happyshorts's Avatar 115 64 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

If it attacked every minion at once it would certainly be strong perhaps even OP but the fact that it only attacks 1 minion at a time makes it not that very good. Small minions can easily be buffed to a point that deathwing might only take 2 minions out (fungalmancer before it rotated for example), and decent sized minions usually have effects/damage enough for themselves that it also will only be 2 attacks before deathwing dies.

Versus a freshly spawned token board its most likely a free clear versus other boards it might take out 1 or two minions.

So an okay card in my opinion also have to consider the RNG aspect of the attack order i'm assuming.

• Joda's Avatar Magma Rager 240 143 Posts Joined 04/01/2019

I dont want to clear my own board. But evolving a 7-drop to a 12/12 is nice (for you, not your opponent). Isnt the fleshshaper OP enough?

Never netdeck, craft Whizbang instead!

• ArcanisDF's Avatar Dragon 280 177 Posts Joined 08/01/2019

another amazing tool for control warrior. 

• ArngrimUndying's Avatar Jaina 350 329 Posts Joined 06/11/2019

I'm actually a little hesitant on this card - very strong on the statline, but Warrior already has so many board clears i'm not sure one more is really going to make much of a difference. I actually think this fits better getting pulled out by The Boomship, maybe even have 2 pulled out with some War Master Voone shenanigans.  

• mayhern's Avatar 130 142 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

Not very excited, although it's a good board clearer.

• xreflex98's Avatar Bulbasaur 95 94 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

Love it, sometimes clear board and other times 8 mana 12/12.

• linkblade91's Avatar Global Moderator 255 318 Posts Joined 02/09/2019

Excellent card to copy via War Master Voone, but does the Warrior really need this card right now? Probably not.

Going in my Dragon Warrior anyway.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.