New Hunter Spell - Corrosive Breath

• Arthas's Avatar 185 459 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 1 month, 2 weeks ago

A new Common Hunter Spell, Corrosive Breath, has been revealed!

Corrosive Breath Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Descent of Dragons

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Descent of Dragons!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• CursedParrot's Avatar 125 64 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

This is literally just Cobra Shot but for 3 less Mana and with a dragon restriction. Just goes to show how bad that card was.

• BrosefStylin's Avatar 45 4 Posts Joined 11/01/2019

*Cries in Cobra Shot*

• ARES's Avatar Rexxar 220 157 Posts Joined 06/01/2019
    Posted 1 month, 1 week ago

Quick Shot but better.. I can't complain.

Gets even more value with spell damage.

ARES summons Erymanthian Huffer.

ARES declares attack with Huffer .. 

Adonis cannot block.. 

Adonis' hp reached 0. ARES wins

• FieselFitz's Avatar Anduin 350 327 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Dragon Hunter Support - wohooo !! 

Good card!

Challenge me ... when you're ready to duel a god!

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 525 898 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

my god, cobra Shot really hasn't aged well.

Considering the lack of olid turn 2 removal in Hunter I could even see this included in non-Dragon decks

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• RandomGuy's Avatar 305 474 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Moderately playable on it's own accord. Extra spicy if you're playing enough dragons for that to matter, which I'm not entirely sold on yet. Also, Hunter's tribes are all the fuck over the place.

• ArcanisDF's Avatar Bronze Supporter 285 179 Posts Joined 08/01/2019
    Posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

really good card in times with few low cost removal tools for hunter

• ArngrimUndying's Avatar Jaina 355 341 Posts Joined 06/11/2019

Excellent card for either Dragon Hunter or Spell Hunter. I expect this is going to be the next Animal Companion where 95% of Hunter decks are going to find a use for this.

• Joda's Avatar Magma Rager 240 143 Posts Joined 04/01/2019

Where is my cobra shot? :)

Never netdeck, craft Whizbang instead!

• johnyDI's Avatar Island 165 147 Posts Joined 03/31/2019

First this it comes to mind is cobra shot, but it also reminds me of quick shot, due to the cost, damage and conditional secondary effect. While cobra shot wasn't played, rapid shot was, and very often it didn't draw any cards, so this might be played, especially on decks like highlander that might play 2-3 dragons.

• linkblade91's Avatar Global Moderator Draconically Dedicated 260 323 Posts Joined 02/09/2019

I'm ready for Dragon Hunter to be a thing, but this looks like it will be a heavily-useful card either-way. As others have noted Quick Shot was a popular card for removal, even without drawing a card.

If you have the time please check out my custom expansion, The Trials Within Us!

• Nere's Avatar 90 67 Posts Joined 07/28/2019

2 mana deal 3 to a minion is already good enough. These spells usually have an additional effect (except you dark bomb, but oh well, you could go directly face). This one could be very good!

• Valord's Avatar 150 145 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

I've always like Quick shot, since to see a replacement after so long. Cobra shot is even more pathetic than it was before.

• Input's Avatar 160 163 Posts Joined 06/01/2019

Further proof that  Cobra Shot/card] was overpriced.

• Hedwyn's Avatar Draconically Dedicated 290 160 Posts Joined 07/05/2019

Well .. I guess it's a better Darkbomb? Looks good, but .. hunter is receiving more "face is the place" cards, feelsbadman, when this class will get a control deck?

I'm sorry for my bad english :)

• Almaniarra's Avatar Draconically Dedicated 410 698 Posts Joined 03/21/2019

2 mana deal 3 damage is always a good card. This even can double it.

Also with spell damage Hunter and Vereesa Windrunner this card might be well enough. Might even push Vereesa Windrunner decks a bit.

I always think Vereesa Windrunner didn't played as much as she deserves. I hope it is the time.

• DelkoHS's Avatar Child of Galakrond 280 284 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Another revealed Hunter card aimed towards a more aggressive playstyle. I like it though, and if more "aggressive" Dragons are to be in this set, it could definitely be a viable Archetype.

• frosthearth's Avatar 300 264 Posts Joined 03/18/2019
    Posted 3 weeks, 2 days ago

It really depends how much dragons hunter wants to run. Currently it seems he's better off without them.

• KANSAS's Avatar Wall 695 1077 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

Not very bad at all, it is able to both control the board and apply pressure to your opponent. Holding a dragon shouldn't be too difficult, and the pay-off is definitely worth it. 3 damage is pretty significant, how often have you been frostbolted for lethal? and how often do you have your favorite minion get killed by a Flanking Strike? well this card does both, at the same time.

• thisismyfreebie's Avatar 70 27 Posts Joined 11/06/2019

Maybe Malygos Hunter has some teeth after all...I could definitely see some potential there.

• TheOdinson's Avatar 140 144 Posts Joined 06/04/2019

The upside of this card is its basically good enough on its own to see play. 2 mana deal 3 to a minion is more than fine. The upside with a Dragon involved is also great. The downside is that I'm not sure if Dragon Hunter is going to work yet. We will see more cards and I'm sure it will be fine, but will it be good enough. Obviously even in Arena though this is just a fine cheap removal spell.

To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of the women.

• PipoHs's Avatar Vampire 115 141 Posts Joined 11/22/2019

good removal, 2 mana 3 damage always useful, plus dragon effect...

• Korialstrasz's Avatar Supporter 230 52 Posts Joined 03/24/2019

Some sort of agressive dragon hunter might like this, though it definitelly is a pretty flexible card, will see play.

• Koetti's Avatar Island 365 246 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

Reminds me of Frostbolt and Penance.

Long, drawn-out Control Match-ups with Boardclears en masse and an unbelievable amount of greedy cards?

Sign me up!

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.