New Rogue Spell - Candle Breath

• Arthas's Avatar 185 459 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 1 month, 2 weeks ago

A new Common Rogue Spell, Candle Breath, has been revealed!

Candle Breath Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Descent of Dragons

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Descent of Dragons!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• Avalon's Avatar 380 468 Posts Joined 06/12/2019
    Posted 1 month, 1 week ago

Just a little side thought: imagine how this card would have been with pre-nerf Preparation.

Now Rogue can get high cost playable spells too.

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 455 638 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

so.. another 3 mana draw 3 with deck restriction.. hmm .. Raiding Party was surely stronger but ti's still 3 mana(or 1 with prep) draw 3...

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 525 898 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

excuse me what?

Don't forget that Rogue is the second best at generating lots of lackey, one of which discovers a dragon, meaning even if you don't draw your dragons, you still have an out.

Don't even need to get fancy, just run Faerie Dragon  and a few others and you're good

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• iWatchUSleep's Avatar 375 464 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

They're really pushing dragon decks, huh?

• Almaniarra's Avatar Draconically Dedicated 410 698 Posts Joined 03/21/2019
    Quote From iWatchUSleep

They're really pushing dragon decks, huh?

Dragons are cool, At least they are not pushing Beast druids anymore. :)

• RandomGuy's Avatar 305 474 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

of the potential "dragon decks" rogue would probably be my bet to be the least likely simply because Rogue does so many other things so well.

That said, Rogue could probably generate enough dragons on average to make this playable without much/any support besides Waxadred.

I wouldn't be shocked if this card is played as maybe a 1-of.

• Joda's Avatar Magma Rager 240 143 Posts Joined 04/01/2019
    Posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

I am a bit scared of the power level of this expansion. I know, a new rastakhans rumble would be catastrophic for the sales. But we havent seen this powerful cards for a long time.

Never netdeck, craft Whizbang instead!

• ArcanisDF's Avatar Bronze Supporter 285 179 Posts Joined 08/01/2019

super strong card in rogue with all combo and add coins cards...

• ArngrimUndying's Avatar Jaina 355 341 Posts Joined 06/11/2019

Better Sprint assuming Dragon Rogue becomes a thing. Given that most of Rogue's cards have been revealed and no dragons yet, I'm skeptical that will become a thing, especially when competing with two other really viable Rogue builds (Tempo and Burgle). So I'm negative on this one.

• johnyDI's Avatar Island 165 147 Posts Joined 03/31/2019

Sprint and auctioneer have been runned before with success. One of the best toghwalge treasures is the wand. Consequently, if more good dragon are released for rogue, then I can potentially see a tier 1 miracle dragon deck.

• IlBelTia's Avatar Wizard 180 197 Posts Joined 06/01/2019

Draw 3 cards for 3 mana? Pretty nuts for sure.

• Orrien's Avatar 190 37 Posts Joined 03/15/2019

If there will be some decent dragons rogue can put into tempo (or maybe dragon?) deck, this will be a very good card draw (also the fact that prep + sprint combo is weakened makes this card even better)

• linkblade91's Avatar Global Moderator Draconically Dedicated 260 323 Posts Joined 02/09/2019
    Quote From ArngrimUndying

Better Sprint assuming Dragon Rogue becomes a thing. Given that most of Rogue's cards have been revealed and no dragons yet, I'm skeptical that will become a thing, especially when competing with two other really viable Rogue builds (Tempo and Burgle). So I'm negative on this one.

Inclined to agree: Dragon Rogue seems like a really cool idea, but will it find time in the sun when there are better archetypes out there? I just don't see it right now.

If you have the time please check out my custom expansion, The Trials Within Us!

• Koetti's Avatar Island 365 246 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

Great Card for Dragon-Rogue!

... but, except drawing 3 Cards, what is that Deck gonna do?

Long, drawn-out Control Match-ups with Boardclears en masse and an unbelievable amount of greedy cards?

Sign me up!

• Nere's Avatar 90 67 Posts Joined 07/28/2019

Ok, have another kick at our poor Arcane Intellect (which is still a good card!). If Dragon Rogue works, this card will be a big reason for it.

• Valord's Avatar 150 145 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Rogues get a cheaper Nourish? Now thats scary.

• Input's Avatar 160 163 Posts Joined 06/01/2019

I'm not yet sold on dragons in rogue, but this is nice if we do.

• Hedwyn's Avatar Draconically Dedicated 290 160 Posts Joined 07/05/2019
    Posted 3 weeks, 2 days ago

A better Arcane Intellect for rogue? Certainly will see play in dragon rogue decks.

I'm sorry for my bad english :)

• DelkoHS's Avatar Child of Galakrond 280 284 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

I'm really looking forward to this new Galakrond Tempo Rogue, it looks fun for the old Rogue players. This is a good card obviously, but it forces you to run multiple dragons. I don't know if there will be ones that are "good" enough, but plenty of unrevealed cards remain!

Quote From YourPrivateNightmare

excuse me what?

Don't forget that Rogue is the second best at generating lots of lackey, one of which discovers a dragon, meaning even if you don't draw your dragons, you still have an out.

Don't even need to get fancy, just run Faerie Dragon  and a few others and you're good

You are right. Also you don't even need Faerie Dragon imo. with those huge lackey generation you will always find one. Even more in galakrond decks. :)

Quote From Input

I'm not yet sold on dragons in rogue, but this is nice if we do.

C'mon, I am playing Dragon Rogue since Blackrock Mountain. Dragons are always good in Rogue. Azure Drake were always in Rogue lists.

Highlander Dragon Rogue was one of my favorite decks in LoE times and after that in wild.

You need to explore more things in classes like trying Beast Mages, Spell Damage Warriors etc.

Game is funnier when you try things. Copy-pasteing netdecks are just boring.

I really don't understand how people enjoys to play this game only playing netdecks.

Tinkering decks, trying to stuff work is the most important part of the card games imo. I am really shocked when I see comments like this.

Sorry if I offended you. Just blowed up here so don't take it personally.

• frosthearth's Avatar 300 264 Posts Joined 03/18/2019

I think everyone is forgetting the new lackey which adds a dragon to your hand. You don't even need to run dragons beside Waxadred, with all the lackey generation cards and the Invoke mechanic, it should be easy to discover a dragon to activate this.

• TheOdinson's Avatar 140 144 Posts Joined 06/04/2019

Rogue likes to draw cards, they like even more so to do it cheaply, however, needing a dragon in your hand means that you have to play a certain number of potentially clunky minions. That means this card might not be good in the sort of deck that wants those cards. Control decks often don't want to draw a bunch of cards, so Dragon Rogue will need to fall into a Combo or Tempo deck, and it might not be able to do that.

To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of the women.

• mayhern's Avatar 130 142 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

Excelent draw engine if you play a dragon rogue deck!

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.