New Warrior Spell - Molten Breath

• Arthas's Avatar 185 459 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 1 month, 1 week ago

A new Rare Warrior Spell, Molten Breath, has been revealed!

Molten Breath Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Descent of Dragons

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Descent of Dragons!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 525 898 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

it's Bash....but bigger.

Not very exciting and not very useful at the moment either. Just run Dyn-o-matic

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 455 638 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

costs 1 less, doesn't destroy your board if you are not playing mechs, gains you armor for shield slam.. not comparable at all to dyn-o-matic..

5 damage destroys most mid game minions...

if you're playing Control Warrior you won't have a board at 5. Dyn-o-matic does 5 damage as well and leaves you with a body, which is the reason why it is so good.

body is better than armor, especially if you're playing Warrior who gets a lot of armor anyways

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• GameTheory345's Avatar Magma Rager 205 118 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

This might as well be run alongside Dyn-o-matic. Who said Warrior doesn't like some more removal?

Besides, this expansion is all about dragons, and most of the cards aren't even revealed yet. Nobody said this card had to be run on Control Warrior. If you're playing Dragon Warrior, Dyn-o-matic suddenly becomes really quite bad, and this card starts tp look better.  Factoring in the dragon support from Rastakhan's Rumble, Dragon Warrior may see the light of day once again.

???

• RavenSunHS's Avatar Swamp 455 894 Posts Joined 03/27/2019
  • DoubleSummon's Avatar 455 638 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Quote From YourPrivateNightmare

if you're playing Control Warrior you won't have a board at 5. Dyn-o-matic does 5 damage as well and leaves you with a body, which is the reason why it is so good.

body is better than armor, especially if you're playing Warrior who gets a lot of armor anyways

a lot of armor? how much armor are you getting really? shield block and boom.. that's it.. the other armor is hero power..

besides this is like shield block + shield slam combined, also this clears mechs and costs 1 less also is there something like "too much removal"

it doesn't go into the current CW lists you need to make a dragon warrior..

• AliRadicali's Avatar 400 632 Posts Joined 06/06/2019

Warrior is so spoiled for removal options that this likely won't see play until after set rotation, not even in highlander decks. They could have removed the dragon condition and this still would be a below-average card IMO.

Quote From DoubleSummon
    Quote From YourPrivateNightmare

a lot of armor? how much armor are you getting really? shield block and boom.. that's it.. the other armor is hero power..

besides this is like shield block + shield slam combined, also this clears mechs and costs 1 less also is there something like "too much removal"

it doesn't go into the current CW lists you need to make a dragon warrior..

Eternium Rover plays a huge part in Warrior's armor gain, as does Boom

there is such a thing as "too much removal" as evident by the fact that Ctrl Warrior doesn't run Execute, despite having access to multiple activators.

And the last one is the reason why it won't see play (now). Dragon Warrior just isn't as good as regular Control Warrior (which isn't that great anymore either). So far there'S little reason to run a dragon themed deck when you can just play regular Mech-Control. Unless Dragons get a huge wincondtion/value generator there's no point in considering them over regular control.

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• Almaniarra's Avatar Draconically Dedicated 410 698 Posts Joined 03/21/2019
    Quote From RavenSunHS

The art is sick btw.

Yeah ! but tbh, I'm disappointed to see Alexstrasza there. It must be Deathwing, Mad Aspect that breaths, not hunter's dragon.

• RavenSunHS's Avatar Swamp 455 894 Posts Joined 03/27/2019
    Quote From Almaniarra
    Quote From RavenSunHS

The art is sick btw.

Yeah ! but tbh, I'm disappointed to see Alexstrasza there. It must be Deathwing, Mad Aspect that breaths, not hunter's dragon.

Actually, that's not Alex. Just a random Red Dragon.

But yeah, it's misleading to see mixed flights in classes, given how they are given an Aspect each... It feels clumsy.

• Horus's Avatar E.V.I.L. Dragon 655 825 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Artwork is badass and the effect isn't terrible - deal 5, gain 5 - with a requirement that goes without saying in the appropriate built. This may improve the odds of actually playing that golden War Master Voone I unpacked a while ago and never used.

“One day, you will be old enough to start reading fairytales again.”

• RandomGuy's Avatar 305 474 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Will Dragon/Galakrond Control Warrior replace Mech-Boom Control Warrior? Maybe.

• Painkiller1724's Avatar 145 107 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Quote From RandomGuy

Will Dragon/Galakrond Control Warrior replace Mech-Boom Control Warrior? Maybe.

After April/2020, mech warrior will be gone. Until then, it stays and, IMHO, dragon warrior will only be a deck recipe that people will try for 2 weeks and then go back to mech-boom....

• Joda's Avatar Magma Rager 240 143 Posts Joined 04/01/2019
    Posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

Its okay. Nothing special.

Never netdeck, craft Whizbang instead!

• ArcanisDF's Avatar Bronze Supporter 285 179 Posts Joined 08/01/2019

mehhhh.... really disappointed with this... it's just ok but the art was so sick!!!!

• ArngrimUndying's Avatar Jaina 355 341 Posts Joined 06/11/2019

So help me I WILL make Control Dragon Warrior work and this spell will definitely fit quite nicely. Can see some big swing turns coming: turn 10 - drop Emberscale Drake plus this plus Shield Slam for a 5/5 body, +10 armor, plus *15* targetable spell dmg. 

• mayhern's Avatar 130 142 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

Not very useful. Might not see play.

• xreflex98's Avatar Bulbasaur 95 94 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

Doesn't feel as strong as the other dragon breaths but still pretty good. 

• linkblade91's Avatar Global Moderator Draconically Dedicated 260 323 Posts Joined 02/09/2019

Don't know how great it is, but I love it anyway. Dragon Warrior, here I come; I might just craft War Master Voone.

If you have the time please check out my custom expansion, The Trials Within Us!

• johnyDI's Avatar Island 165 147 Posts Joined 03/31/2019

Obvious good. Dragon warrior will most probably replace mech warrior as the control archetype after rotation, or possibly even during this expansion, and armor+removal seems mandatory. We still need to see what the warrior galakrond will look like, but it seems it will be somehow control oriented, given the cards we've seen and the nature of the warrior class.

• Nere's Avatar 90 67 Posts Joined 07/28/2019

This is quite underwhelming. Dyn-o-matic is just so much better!

• Valord's Avatar 150 145 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Its competing a lot with M. Commander, Mummy and Dynomatic, seems decent tho.

• Input's Avatar 160 163 Posts Joined 06/01/2019
    Posted 3 weeks, 2 days ago

Good control tool, so maybe some big dragon warrior is possible?

• DelkoHS's Avatar Child of Galakrond 280 284 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 3 weeks, 2 days ago

Warrior has always been the class that had the best Dragon decks (except maybe old school Priest), so I expect it to be a viable archetype. This card is okay for it. Despite being obviously a powercrept expansion, this card feels fair lol

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.