New Paladin Minion - Nozdormu the Timeless

• Arthas's Avatar 285 805 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 7 months ago

A new Legendary Paladin Minion, Nozdormu the Timeless, has been revealed!

Nozdormu the Timeless Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Descent of Dragons

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Descent of Dragons!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• adityajibhkate's Avatar 75 27 Posts Joined 06/17/2019
    Posted 7 months ago

What is that. 

• CableKnight's Avatar Content Squad Rexxar 345 182 Posts Joined 03/14/2019
    Posted 7 months ago

uhhhhh.... what? This is insane.... I think. Will be really interested to see where this goes.

Gosh dang it, cards bad.

• scuac's Avatar Dragon Scholar 255 101 Posts Joined 07/31/2019
    Posted 7 months ago

Do the mana crystals come full or empty? I would expect it to be empty, which means yes you just dropped an 8/8 but your opponent is the first one to get access to a full ten mana. On the other hand if the crystals come in full this is broken.

A puzzle box? What does it say? ... Yogi-Saffron something... sure, let's open it, what is the worst that could happen?

• KANSAS's Avatar 980 1850 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 7 months ago
    Quote From scuac

Do the mana crystals come full or empty? I would expect it to be empty, which means yes you just dropped an 8/8 but your opponent is the first one to get access to a full ten mana. On the other hand if the crystals come in full this is broken.

if it works like Mojomaster Zihi then you will gain full mana crystals, but any mana you have already spent this turn will stay empty. So playing this guy at 4 mana will leave you with 6 mana open.

This is just an educated guess, so don't quote me on this.

First rule of the English language: Their our know rules.

• jacob1487's Avatar 140 32 Posts Joined 03/27/2019
    Posted 7 months ago
    Quote From KANSAS
    Quote From scuac

if it works like Mojomaster Zihi then you will gain full mana crystals, but any mana you have already spent this turn will stay empty. So playing this guy at 4 mana will leave you with 6 mana open.

I think your educated guess will be the result. Reading the card, this is what I understand as well

• Sol's Avatar E.V.I.L. Dragon 150 101 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 7 months ago

The Paladin dragon Legendaries are really generous; even your opponent gets restored to full health and/or gets 10 mana crystals!

Well it's over

• cuekillar's Avatar 85 36 Posts Joined 04/01/2019
    Posted 7 months ago

This card is bonkers, so in mulligan if your against a paladin you have to wonder if he has that card turn 4, do I keep my 7mana + drops or go for the 1 drops? D: 

• AliRadicali's Avatar 425 713 Posts Joined 06/06/2019
    Posted 7 months ago
    Quote From KANSAS
    Quote From scuac

You never know with hearthstone until you get to test it because it's not the most consistent game in the world. Just judging by balance though, I would be shocked if this card left you with 6 mana to spend after coming down as a 4 mana 8/8. That would completely negate the 'cost' of giving the opponent the first turn with ten mana to spare: assuming you have any 6 mana plays you're effectively putting 14 mana worth of stats on the board, not to mention the fact that your opponent probably didn't build their deck or mulligan for spending 10 mana on turn 4.

I think it's pretty safe to assume you're left with empty mana crystals if you play this on turn four, or if not, that it'll work that way after the inevitable nerf.

• PopeNeia's Avatar 230 252 Posts Joined 07/06/2019
    Posted 7 months ago

Now this is some Duel Paladin support!

This ain't no place for a hero

• SaucyPup's Avatar 125 54 Posts Joined 04/01/2019
    Posted 7 months ago
    Quote From AliRadicali
    Quote From KANSAS
    Quote From scuac

You never know with hearthstone until you get to test it because it's not the most consistent game in the world. Just judging by balance though, I would be shocked if this card left you with 6 mana to spend after coming down as a 4 mana 8/8. That would completely negate the 'cost' of giving the opponent the first turn with ten mana to spare: assuming you have any 6 mana plays you're effectively putting 14 mana worth of stats on the board, not to mention the fact that your opponent probably didn't build their deck or mulligan for spending 10 mana on turn 4.

I think it's pretty safe to assume you're left with empty mana crystals if you play this on turn four, or if not, that it'll work that way after the inevitable nerf.

I completely agree there's no way you gain the crystals you just set them to 10.

• Vandaren's Avatar Devoted Outlander 245 333 Posts Joined 06/05/2019
    Posted 7 months ago

So this is Astral Communion on a stick..

• PopeNeia's Avatar 230 252 Posts Joined 07/06/2019
    Posted 7 months ago
    Quote From Vandaren

So this is Astral Communion on a stick..

Not really, Astral Communion discards your whole hand... and doesn’t leave an 8/8 on the board

This ain't no place for a hero

• RavenSunHS's Avatar Refreshment Vendor 615 1242 Posts Joined 03/27/2019
  • ArchSpike's Avatar 205 59 Posts Joined 06/24/2019
    Posted 7 months ago

#PaladinClassIdentity

• Bersak's Avatar 295 245 Posts Joined 06/12/2019
    Posted 7 months ago

Big game hunter, welcome back to the Tavern

Winner winner chicken dinner

• FieselFitz's Avatar Anduin 380 379 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 7 months ago

Wow - this seems good but could also backfire pretty hard! 

Challenge me ... when you're ready to duel a god!

• Almaniarra's Avatar Devoted Outlander 605 1075 Posts Joined 03/21/2019
    Posted 7 months ago

Finally Nozdormu has a good effect,

Now its Illidan Stormrage's turn Blizzard !

Make a Legion themed expansion (or a year) and give some love to Illidan Stormrage !!!

• iWatchUSleep's Avatar 500 616 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 7 months ago

Ah yes, paladins and their mana ramp mechanic. Why, Blizzard?

• DoubleSummon's Avatar Servant of Illidan 820 1405 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 7 months ago

*insert a 4 mana 7/7 meme*

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.