New Priest Minion - Envoy of Lazul

• Arthas's Avatar 185 459 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

A new Epic Priest Minion, Envoy of Lazul, has been revealed!

Envoy of Lazul Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Edit:

The card only looks at cards that started in the opponent's deck. So there is a lower likelyhood of an obvious choice.

Source:https://twitter.com/puffinplays/status/1197709472417763328

Learn more about Descent of Dragons

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Descent of Dragons!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• Lightspoon's Avatar Merfolk 400 342 Posts Joined 04/01/2019

On Wild often you don't want a card from your opponenet deck, but considering that the only Priest's archetype actually going around is (again) Big Priest you simply don't want a 2/2 with a battlecry.

On a non-resurrect deck, it still a bit too much situational for the Wild meta but may be good in a control vs control scenario (probably if you also are an Highlander and have an open slot to put this in).

• linkblade91's Avatar Global Moderator Draconically Dedicated 260 323 Posts Joined 02/09/2019

Curious Glimmerroot but you have a better idea of what's in their hand right at this moment. Glimmerroot saw play; I'm sure this will as well.

If you have the time please check out my custom expansion, The Trials Within Us!

• sinti's Avatar Global Moderator Maximum Volume 655 1061 Posts Joined 10/20/2018

Looks like a pretty powerful tool. You get some information about what is your opponent (not) hodling and you can potentially get a card.

~ Have an idea? Found a bug? Let us know! ~
    ~ Join us on Discord ~

• Koetti's Avatar Island 365 246 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

Maybe in Control-Priest?

It's weaker than Lazul though. And what are you gonna do with a Card that most-likely doesn't fit into your deck/Game plan anyway?

Long, drawn-out Control Match-ups with Boardclears en masse and an unbelievable amount of greedy cards?

Sign me up!

• happyshorts's Avatar 115 64 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

Fun to combo with lazul self but otherwise it could be kinda hard knowing which card your opponent exactly has in their hands and the question is is the card your getting even worth gaining?

Versus zoo warlock for example getting a flame imp just ruins your day more most likely.

In other match ups it could fare better an warrior holding on to a brawl is usually a pretty easy giveaway.

• BasilAnguis's Avatar 280 108 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

A bit disappointed, the effect isn't new. Hoped for a bit more originality from them. Gameplay wise this is probably just Curious Glimmerroot powercreep. It's a value effect so better if it costs less mana and copying from hand is usually better than from deck. 

I'll boop you 

• CapTim's Avatar 85 21 Posts Joined 03/18/2019

A little tougher than Glimmerroot to activate, but also gives you more relevant information. I like it.

• Joda's Avatar Magma Rager 240 143 Posts Joined 04/01/2019

I really liked the plant that did the same with the opponents deck. Need some luck, but the card is great.

Never netdeck, craft Whizbang instead!

• MenacingBagel's Avatar Dragon Scholar 160 168 Posts Joined 09/24/2019

If this takes hand buffs into account it will be easy to find the card but if it doesn't it might be a bit harder but I feel like most of the time you'll get the card due to archetypes 

Only a fool thinks they know everything. I admit that I know nothing

• Meteorite12's Avatar Magma Rager 340 254 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

A bit weird, but I think I’d prefer Lazul for the guaranteed card and more information, even if this costs 1 less.0

Who needs consistency when you could have fun?

• johnyDI's Avatar Island 165 147 Posts Joined 03/31/2019

Curious Glimmerroot and Madam Lazul long lost child. Still, really decent stats for its cost and knowing what your opponent is always nice. All this card needs now is a viable archetype to fit in. Currently priest doesn't play such decks.

• Bilot's Avatar 95 12 Posts Joined 05/30/2019

I think it's a little better than Glimmerroot, so the power level is enough high to see play.
    The problem is there's no current Priest archetype that want to play it.
    Hope to see Control Priest or Dragon Priest reborn from ashes.

• Stock's Avatar Child of Galakrond 165 50 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

If it works like Curious Glimmerroot (meaning you get 1 card from opponents hand and 2 random nonsense cards ) you will copy a card pretty much everytime. Problem is, even with Galakrond, what is your win condition as a Control Priest? Fatigue? Inner fire?

• Saf's Avatar 110 60 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Don’t guess what your opponent has, necessarily. Check if he/she is holding a big removal/ control (if that’s a given option 

• Hedwyn's Avatar Draconically Dedicated 290 160 Posts Joined 07/05/2019

I think it's a solid card to play in reno decks, but I'm not sure if the deck has room for it.

I'm sorry for my bad english :)

• Kovachut's Avatar HearthStationeer 525 617 Posts Joined 03/31/2019

Imagine getting a quest (yes, glimmerroot used to present them as an option sometimes; dunno if this is still the case). Well, I was hoping my Steal Priest deck would get some support. Can't wait to give this bad boy a try.

13 11080 2955 33
    by Kovachut 3 months, 2 weeks ago
    17 12540 2514 10

• Valord's Avatar 150 145 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Kinda hard rate so far but I love a good 2 drop for priest.

• Sol's Avatar 120 72 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

A cheaper reprint ofCurious Glimmerroot. A card that replaces itself is always good (although this is situational and only a 33.3% chance) and with the value-generation theme Priest seems to be getting (i.e. Priest Galakrond's hero power) and Priest's ability to board control, this card might fit the best in Control Priest, or even a minion-focused Thief Priest deck that utilizes Princess Talanji

Well it's over

• anhhuy2502's Avatar 60 9 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

'sort of' budget Lazul

If you guess it right, then the value would be pretty decent 2/2 + a card is pretty gud

• DeathDave's Avatar 130 13 Posts Joined 03/24/2019

A very good card but it depends heavily on the support priest gets this expansion. A different archetype would have to emerge to fit this in I think, I don't see it either in combo or resurrect priest.

• HighVoltagez's Avatar 125 48 Posts Joined 07/23/2019

Interesting but it’s been a long time since these types of cards haven been meta defining.

• Nere's Avatar 90 67 Posts Joined 07/28/2019

Ohhh this one is very interesting, and I think it´s going to see play. It´s better than Glimmerroot, because you get a guaranteed info about which card is in your opponent´s hand at the moment. I like this card.

• DorisTheMan's Avatar 90 9 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

I'm usually the one that guesses it all wrong during these reveals, and seeing as many of the comments are negative, and I just rated this a 5-star card, I might continue to do so... But, like, how could a 2-mana, (possible) card generator, which gives you information about your oppoent's hand be bad?! To me, it's an excellent 2-drop, specially for priest, who lacks in decent 2-cost cards...

• jagu's Avatar 115 69 Posts Joined 03/19/2019

The strength of this card depends on where the AI gets the two "wrong" options,

• if it's from the opponents deck- it would be difficult to guess and you would not get value 66% of the time
    • if it's from all the pool of cards that can possibly be in your opponents deck-  it would probably be as good as Lazul or Glimmeroot
  • Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.