New Druid Spell - Secure the Deck

• Arthas's Avatar 185 459 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 3 weeks, 2 days ago

A new Epic Druid Spell, Secure the Deck, has been revealed!

Secure the Deck Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Descent of Dragons

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Descent of Dragons!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• Horus's Avatar E.V.I.L. Dragon 655 825 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Looks like Gonk druid will be a thing 

“One day, you will be old enough to start reading fairytales again.”

• sicknantos's Avatar Bulbasaur 330 183 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Quote From Horus

Looks like Gonk druid will be a thing 

beat me to it. I was about to say the same thing

Rage quitting: the best way to ensure your opponent knows they beat a giant baby.

• UnGoroh's Avatar 100 52 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

Decent early game removal for quest too

• Bersak's Avatar 270 198 Posts Joined 06/12/2019

A slow card that rewards some more slow cards ..

Winner winner chicken dinner

• Drageren's Avatar 235 122 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

Wow, some fuel for Gonk? I thought Blizz forgot about him.

• Nona's Avatar Dragon Scholar 140 76 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Not much of a Druid player myself, but I assume someone will learn how to abuse this fairly quick.

• DorisTheMan's Avatar 90 9 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

It's probably gonna be some key for a new OTK deck, but I don't think it's Gonk.

• Demonxz95's Avatar Content Squad Honorary Explorer 430 426 Posts Joined 03/19/2019

I bet the flavor text is going to be a meta joke about HS decks or something like that. Team 5 always makes jokes like that, and the opportunity is right there.

No, that's wrong!

• stuckinher's Avatar 120 8 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Perfect Gonk fuel, I can not wait to try out my old OTK deck. I have a feeling this card my prove to be quite rage inducing... 

• Stock's Avatar Child of Galakrond 165 50 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

Insane. Cheap, versatile, lots of value, Gadgetan synergies... It also fits nicely in Quest druid, definetely will see play.

• linkblade91's Avatar Global Moderator Draconically Dedicated 260 323 Posts Joined 02/09/2019

Goes great with my custom expansion's Druid set, which is all about attacking with the hero. I'm slightly annoyed that you are given three copies of Claw, when generally speaking a Druid only fights with two claws lol.

That's a lot of words to say that the card is fine.

If you have the time please check out my custom expansion, The Trials Within Us!

• ArngrimUndying's Avatar Jaina 355 341 Posts Joined 06/11/2019

3 mana for 6 attack and 6 armor once you completed the sidequest (which will be completed very easily - I'm legit surprised they only require 2 hero attacks to trigger). I see people already talking about Gonk Druid coming back, but even without him that has some real burst potential. Heck do the sidequest twice and on 10 mana you can have 12 hero dmg plus another 4 off Swipe plus 2 more from double Moonfire = 18 total dmg assuming no spell dmg buff - nothing to sneeze at...

• AliRadicali's Avatar 400 632 Posts Joined 06/06/2019

If this sees play I expect it'll mainly be as a source of cheap spells for gadget.

• ArngrimUndying's Avatar Jaina 355 341 Posts Joined 06/11/2019
    Quote From linkblade91

Goes great with my custom expansion's Druid set, which is all about attacking with the hero. I'm slightly annoyed that you are given three copies of Claw, when generally speaking a Druid only fights with two claws lol.

That's a lot of words to say that the card is fine.

Excuse me, but you can clearly see *4* claws on each paw on the card art. So if anything, they should give you one EXTRA to be consistent... 

/s

• frosthearth's Avatar 300 264 Posts Joined 03/18/2019

Gonk can easily be meta

• DelkoHS's Avatar Child of Galakrond 280 284 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Interesting card. Could this be the return of some Miracle type of Druid (maybe Mecha'thun)? Gonk is still around and combo's nicely with this card. I think this is one of the beter sidequests revealed so far.

• meisterz39's Avatar Anduin 275 217 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

This is really solid in a Gonk Druid deck, but it's hard for me to see that being a thing right now. Quest Druid is just so powerful, and you'd never run a card like this in Quest Druid because of how quickly you'd lose the base hero power.

FWIW, I'm glad they're providing support for an archetype that sees no play, and that doesn't just slot into the best current archetype for the class. All too often these support tools either see no play or find their way into the best archetype and leave the "supported" one on the shelf. Maybe this will be enough to make Gonk a real fighter.

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 455 636 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

not sure how good this card is.. I mean 4 mana 6/6 attack/armor to hero.. that's bite.. you add to hand 3 cards that are not being run in a deck...

but on the other hand.. gadgetzan auctioneer is a card so it might be relevant for that reason.. I don't see it though.

• HighVoltagez's Avatar 125 46 Posts Joined 07/23/2019

Nice early game but needs to fit into the deck such as a gonk one as others mentioned

• johnyDI's Avatar Island 165 147 Posts Joined 03/31/2019

I know that this allows you to get 6 potential damage, but outside of an combo deck (or Gonk 'till rotation), is it that useful?
    The best side to these side quests I can see thus far is that they allow you to use questing explorer for card draw, outside a main quest deck.

• Orrien's Avatar 190 37 Posts Joined 03/15/2019

Interesting, the requirement quite easy to execute even when you topdeck this. I can see it being played in different decks (especially gonk if it becomes viable).

• Zusk16's Avatar 60 13 Posts Joined 05/30/2019

I wonder if you would run this card in a deck that wants cheap spells to cycle with, feel like druid already has enough but who knows.

• TheOdinson's Avatar 140 144 Posts Joined 06/04/2019

This is a cool card. Claw isn't super powerful on its own, but 3 of them is something, even in a deck that isn't focused on slamming a bunch of attacks with Gonk. It can just be good in a control style deck as it gives you cheap armor and flexible attack. I think this is generally just better than it looks.

To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of the women.

• Hedwyn's Avatar Draconically Dedicated 290 160 Posts Joined 07/05/2019

Can be useful for some combo decks or something like this, and the condition is so easy to complete so it's nice anyway.

I'm sorry for my bad english :)

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.