New Hunter Spell - Clear the Way

• Arthas's Avatar 285 805 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 6 months, 1 week ago

A new Rare Hunter Spell, Clear the Way, has been revealed!

Clear the Way Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Descent of Dragons

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Descent of Dragons!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• ArcanisDF's Avatar Supporter 310 201 Posts Joined 08/01/2019

sidequest for Unseal the Vault but the quest is meme so...

• sicknantos's Avatar Rexxar 340 212 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

It seems... ok at best? Maybe a quest hunter build could use this?

I honestly find the sidequests kind of confusing and excessive. 

Rage quitting: the best way to ensure your opponent knows they beat a giant baby.

• Horus's Avatar Golden Egg 915 1425 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

I'm really not seeing DoD's Hunter ..

Hope I will be happily surprised

Struggle with Heroic Galakrond's Awakening? I got your back : 

• Nona's Avatar Servant of Illidan 170 105 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Seems like it could be a fun card, maybe get it early'ish to help establish board control.

• MurlocAggroB's Avatar COMMENT_COUNT_300_HS 340 319 Posts Joined 06/12/2019

All you need is a Desert Spear and this is a 1 mana 4/4 Rush. It also works with Unleash the Beast. Considering those are both great cards, I think this is an easy include.

A man is lying on the street, some punks chopped off his head

I'm the only one who stops to see if he's dead.

Hmm. Turns out he's dead.

• DorisTheMan's Avatar 95 9 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

It could be good for Quest, with the help of some springpaws and the spear... I don't se any other use for it other than that...

• Drageren's Avatar 240 145 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

I think, it s for control hunt (singleton) support. Some free 4-4 rush for def yourself vs aggro and working very well with Zul Jin you will get 2 5-5 and 4-4 with rush.

• Stock's Avatar Child of Galakrond 175 61 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

It looks mediocre, BUT ! It is 1 mana 4/4 rush. What good rushes can we put in Hunter tho? Zilliax, Vicious Scalehide, Unleash the Beast, lynxes... They all look reasonably powerful and you were running em anyway. So it is quite good, I would say.

• linkblade91's Avatar Global Moderator Draconically Dedicated 540 823 Posts Joined 02/09/2019

Play Swarm of Locusts to instantly proc the Sidequest, feel sad when the 4/4 doesn't appear.

If you have the time, you should totally check out our weekly Hearthstone card design competitions! :D

• ArngrimUndying's Avatar Draconically Dedicated 460 626 Posts Joined 06/11/2019

This seems like a "decent at all, master of none" kind of card. It can definitely fit into most Hunter archetypes at the moment, but hard to see this taking up deck space when compared to other cards better suited for various rolls. I mean, aside from POSSIBLY leaving a body if you can rush the gryphon into a smaller minion, it's not really that much better than Wing Blast which is always played at 1 mana as well.

• frosthearth's Avatar 345 307 Posts Joined 03/18/2019

Seems good for queat hunter but nothing exciting. 

• DelkoHS's Avatar Child of Galakrond 365 458 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

I think this card is too weak and won't see play. They pay-off isn't good enough on its own, and even in dedicated Quest decks it's a bit lackluster imo.

• DoubleSummon's Avatar Servant of Illidan 775 1402 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

really easy quest to fulfill if you run those rush minions run this, why not? I mean 1 mana 4/4 rush? that's quite good isn't it? Springpaw already fulfills 2/3 of it alone.

• meisterz39's Avatar 365 469 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

A 1 mana 4/4 rush is obviously great, and there's no shortage of good ways to summon rush minions in Hunter (e.g. Springpaw, Unleash the Beast). This accelerating Quest Hunter while helping with board control might make that deck strong enough to see competitive play.

• KANSAS's Avatar 960 1837 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

The fact that Springpaw practically completes the quest all on its own makes me think that Clear the Way will be a pretty good card.

A 4/4 with rush is a pretty solid minion and it can help if your behind, and hunter already has plenty of playable rush minions. This quest will by no means be a meta breaker, but a pretty solid pick for highlander and/or midrange hunters.

First rule of the English language: Their our know rules.

• HighVoltagez's Avatar 145 60 Posts Joined 07/23/2019

These quests seem ok but mid game seem slow for a top deck draw

• Orrien's Avatar Servant of Illidan 225 71 Posts Joined 03/15/2019

I don't thin this card will be playable. You have to draw this before you play your rush minions, play it, play minions and get a 4/4 ? Only good if you can pull it off in early turns.

• johnyDI's Avatar Island 175 172 Posts Joined 03/31/2019

Question, if you played 3 unleash the beasts throughout the game (and completed this quest meanwhile) when you play Zul'jin, if the quest is played by it first, can the unleashes complete it? If so, spell hunter can still come to be viable this expansion.

• UnGoroh's Avatar 100 49 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

Yes that should work and would be a nice high-roll

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.