New Hunter Spell - Clear the Way

• Arthas's Avatar 185 459 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 3 weeks, 2 days ago

A new Rare Hunter Spell, Clear the Way, has been revealed!

Clear the Way Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Descent of Dragons

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Descent of Dragons!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• ArcanisDF's Avatar Bronze Supporter 285 179 Posts Joined 08/01/2019

sidequest for Unseal the Vault but the quest is meme so...

• sicknantos's Avatar Bulbasaur 330 183 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

It seems... ok at best? Maybe a quest hunter build could use this?

I honestly find the sidequests kind of confusing and excessive. 

Rage quitting: the best way to ensure your opponent knows they beat a giant baby.

• Horus's Avatar E.V.I.L. Dragon 655 825 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

I'm really not seeing DoD's Hunter ..

Hope I will be happily surprised

“One day, you will be old enough to start reading fairytales again.”

• Nona's Avatar Dragon Scholar 140 76 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Seems like it could be a fun card, maybe get it early'ish to help establish board control.

• MurlocAggroB's Avatar 245 123 Posts Joined 06/12/2019

All you need is a Desert Spear and this is a 1 mana 4/4 Rush. It also works with Unleash the Beast. Considering those are both great cards, I think this is an easy include.

A man is lying on the street, some punks chopped off his head

I'm the only one who stops to see if he's dead.

Hmm. Turns out he's dead.

• DorisTheMan's Avatar 90 9 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

It could be good for Quest, with the help of some springpaws and the spear... I don't se any other use for it other than that...

• Drageren's Avatar 235 122 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

I think, it s for control hunt (singleton) support. Some free 4-4 rush for def yourself vs aggro and working very well with Zul Jin you will get 2 5-5 and 4-4 with rush.

• Stock's Avatar Child of Galakrond 165 50 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

It looks mediocre, BUT ! It is 1 mana 4/4 rush. What good rushes can we put in Hunter tho? Zilliax, Vicious Scalehide, Unleash the Beast, lynxes... They all look reasonably powerful and you were running em anyway. So it is quite good, I would say.

• linkblade91's Avatar Global Moderator Draconically Dedicated 260 323 Posts Joined 02/09/2019

Play Swarm of Locusts to instantly proc the Sidequest, feel sad when the 4/4 doesn't appear.

If you have the time please check out my custom expansion, The Trials Within Us!

• ArngrimUndying's Avatar Jaina 355 341 Posts Joined 06/11/2019

This seems like a "decent at all, master of none" kind of card. It can definitely fit into most Hunter archetypes at the moment, but hard to see this taking up deck space when compared to other cards better suited for various rolls. I mean, aside from POSSIBLY leaving a body if you can rush the gryphon into a smaller minion, it's not really that much better than Wing Blast which is always played at 1 mana as well.

• frosthearth's Avatar 300 264 Posts Joined 03/18/2019

Seems good for queat hunter but nothing exciting. 

• DelkoHS's Avatar Child of Galakrond 280 284 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

I think this card is too weak and won't see play. They pay-off isn't good enough on its own, and even in dedicated Quest decks it's a bit lackluster imo.

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 455 636 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

really easy quest to fulfill if you run those rush minions run this, why not? I mean 1 mana 4/4 rush? that's quite good isn't it? Springpaw already fulfills 2/3 of it alone.

• meisterz39's Avatar Anduin 275 217 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

A 1 mana 4/4 rush is obviously great, and there's no shortage of good ways to summon rush minions in Hunter (e.g. Springpaw, Unleash the Beast). This accelerating Quest Hunter while helping with board control might make that deck strong enough to see competitive play.

• KANSAS's Avatar Wall 695 1077 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

The fact that Springpaw practically completes the quest all on its own makes me think that Clear the Way will be a pretty good card.

A 4/4 with rush is a pretty solid minion and it can help if your behind, and hunter already has plenty of playable rush minions. This quest will by no means be a meta breaker, but a pretty solid pick for highlander and/or midrange hunters.

• HighVoltagez's Avatar 125 46 Posts Joined 07/23/2019

These quests seem ok but mid game seem slow for a top deck draw

• Orrien's Avatar 190 37 Posts Joined 03/15/2019

I don't thin this card will be playable. You have to draw this before you play your rush minions, play it, play minions and get a 4/4 ? Only good if you can pull it off in early turns.

• johnyDI's Avatar Island 165 147 Posts Joined 03/31/2019

Question, if you played 3 unleash the beasts throughout the game (and completed this quest meanwhile) when you play Zul'jin, if the quest is played by it first, can the unleashes complete it? If so, spell hunter can still come to be viable this expansion.

• UnGoroh's Avatar 100 52 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

Yes that should work and would be a nice high-roll

• TheOdinson's Avatar 140 144 Posts Joined 06/04/2019

This is super easy to complete but also not that rewarding. Even if you're playing Unleash the Vaults do you want a conditional spell that could be an awful topdeck? I also wonder how this works alongside Swarm of Locusts, because the current idea is that it procs it and you get nothing which is terrible, like completeing a quest with a full hand and not getting your reward.

To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of the women.

• Janusi's Avatar 195 41 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

I don't think this works with quest, I think this is something you put in with Desert Spear and Unleash the Beast to make those good cards even better.

• Hedwyn's Avatar Draconically Dedicated 290 160 Posts Joined 07/05/2019

A bit easy to complete, but the effect isn't THAT good, I don't think this will see much play ..

I'm sorry for my bad english :)

• Joda's Avatar Magma Rager 240 143 Posts Joined 04/01/2019

I like it. A tempo-ish style of hunter deck will rise?

Never netdeck, craft Whizbang instead!

• bro's Avatar 80 42 Posts Joined 10/20/2019

very interesting, although not sure how sidequest mechanic will be

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.