New Warrior Hero - Galakrond, the Unbreakable

• Arthas's Avatar 185 459 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 2 weeks, 2 days ago

A new Legendary Warrior Hero, Galakrond, the Unbreakable, has been revealed!

Galakrond, the Unbreakable Card Image

Galakrond, the Apocalypse Card Image Galakrond, Azeroth's End Card Image Galakrond's Might Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Descent of Dragons

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Descent of Dragons!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• RandomGuy's Avatar 305 468 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Interesting with the Quest,

• Sevault's Avatar Content Squad 75 22 Posts Joined 06/02/2019

My MAN. This is kinda bonkers

• anhhuy2502's Avatar 55 8 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

Battlecry is pretty damn strong on the surface, but the hero power is a bit lackluster

• MurlocAggroB's Avatar 210 108 Posts Joined 06/12/2019
    Quote From RandomGuy

Works well with the Quest, actually. Might even make it playable.

Might be a little hard to use the quest, since you wouldn't want to replace your Quest hero power with Galakrond's but you also wouldn't want to lose Galakrond's Battlecry. You'd have to draw and play Galakrond before attacking 5 times. Seems inconsistent. Same reason Dr. Boom was bad in OG Quest Warrior.

A man is lying on the street, some punks chopped off his head

I'm the only one who stops to see if he's dead.

Hmm. Turns out he's dead.

• linkblade91's Avatar Global Moderator 255 316 Posts Joined 02/09/2019

I could see this working for *both* Warrior Quests:

1. Warrior Taunts love being buffed up, creating higher walls while you wait out Sulfuras from Fire Plume's Heart. Giving your hero Attack can help you clear out early threats. Just a question of space in your deck, running a Galakrond package alongside the Taunts.
    2. Invoking is an obvious way to allow your hero the chance to attack, proccing Hack the System. The main concern is that you want to play Galakrond before the Quest ends.
  • og0's Avatar HearthStationeer 440 428 Posts Joined 03/31/2019

This could be really strong - after Rogue the strongest Galakrond I've seen.

There are only 10d types of people who understand binary, I know what 10b of them are but not the other 1000b.

• frosthearth's Avatar 275 257 Posts Joined 03/18/2019

Finally warrior gets a good non-control finisher

• Nona's Avatar 115 72 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Eh don't like Warrior myself, and rarely play it, which means this will probably just end up as dust like all the other warrior legendaries, and of course, looks a bit OP.

• linkblade91's Avatar Global Moderator 255 316 Posts Joined 02/09/2019
    Quote From Nona

Eh don't like Warrior myself, and rarely play it, which means this will probably just end up as dust like all the other warrior legendaries, and of course, looks a bit OP.

You are given all copies of Galakrond for free, but IIRC they are not dust-able. Similar situation as C'Thun.

• meisterz39's Avatar Anduin 275 202 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

I really like this card. The hero power granting +3 attack really forces a change in game plan at the point that he comes into play, from defensive/stalling with armor up and removal into an offensive finisher with big guys. One of the biggest problems with Dr. Boom, Mad Genius is the way it let you play even more controlling after dropping him, with massive armor boosts and improved removal options.

• ArngrimUndying's Avatar Jaina 350 326 Posts Joined 06/11/2019

Welp looks like we now have a Galakrond to rival Rogue for the best. Everything about this is pants-on-head bonkers:

Every single time you invoke, you get a free attack, possibly buffed up by any number of good weapons. Presumably (?) you can chain multiple cheap invokes in a single turn for some insane burst potential

You can also tutor out some cheaper minions that would be nutso with stat buffs (hello there Vicious Scalehide, Zilliax, or any cheap Taunt) that will help take board control without having to burn through any of the standard Warrior removals.

OR you can go Charge Warrior and drop some truly vicious punches - 10 attack Leeeeroys? 14 attack Grommash? Heck even 8 attack Kor'kron Elites would be enough to permanently relocate to SMOrc City. 

This one is going to be wild....

• DelkoHS's Avatar Bulbasaur 260 263 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

This is a Tempo (Quest) Warrior card, and it's nice to see that archetype getting some new support. I think this will make a viable strategy. Very curious to see the Invoke cards for this class.

• SionAries's Avatar 50 8 Posts Joined 05/30/2019

I don't like it, it seems too slow to me. Maybe in wild could be better

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 410 625 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

Actually was looking for some late game in "rush warrior" that list that was great and fun (for the player) before the atrocity of the wild event (which I don't know why it didn't END yet...)  and this fits quite well probably even as baseline it's just good.. invoking galakrond in warrior is actually quite powerful being able to deal tonnes of damage to face or control the board.

• CuakOn's Avatar 300 291 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

Very interesting card. You could either go for a Warrior aggro deck or taunt deck. Maybe even dragons. It allows for a lot of diverse decks. And it's free so everyone can try different things.

• Stopngo1000's Avatar 65 19 Posts Joined 10/10/2019

i Really like how aggressive this seems when buffed up. 4/4 is huge.

• KANSAS's Avatar Wall 670 1019 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

We haven't yet seen any of the invoke cards for warrior, but if you are able to get this guy to max then you will probably win the game on the spot. You can draw Leeroy Jenkins or some other charge minion and give them all +4/+4. And you are also dealing 8 damage with your hero for the first 2 turns. 

This card is the perfect finisher for aggro/midrange warrior decks. I am glad to see that the hero card isn't some dumb infinite value control card.

• Orrien's Avatar 185 37 Posts Joined 03/15/2019

Very interesting, seems good for aggro/tempo. Synergy with quest is nice too, though the question is is that good enough.

• johnyDI's Avatar Island 155 147 Posts Joined 03/31/2019

I know that 3 attack to your hero sounds offensive (and it is) but it can also be used as a board control tool. With dr. boom rotating next expansion, and with the new armor cards released, I can see it being the new control hero card.

• stuckinher's Avatar 120 8 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

This card is awesome! 5/5 I think I will try it out in a rush/charge aggro deck. Playing this into a Grommash Hellscream is going to be ooo so sweet as a finisher. 

• HighVoltagez's Avatar 115 43 Posts Joined 07/23/2019

Interesting I like aggro warrior getting a boost.

though I wonder how this plays out. I expect if we get a few cheap invoke cards there could be some otk potential. 

The dream would be 4 cheap chargers drawn with 4/4 for turn 8 - could be OTK turn 8

a deck with every charger is 18 cards. The rest of the deck is invoke, rush and support cards. might work

• TheOdinson's Avatar 135 144 Posts Joined 06/04/2019

This seems totally bonkers in any number of warrior decks. Its good for buffing taunts, its good for buffing charge or rush minions in aggro decks. The hero power is a great finisher, and even just chaining some invokes together in a turn can lead to a big damage push. One of the most dynamic and interesting cards in the set. This seems like it will show up everywhere.

To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of the women.

• SMOrcolaio's Avatar 65 7 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

Galakrond, the SMOrcer.

SMOrc

• sicknantos's Avatar Bulbasaur 310 176 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

seems pretty good

Rage quitting: the best way to ensure your opponent knows they beat a giant baby.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.