New Paladin Minion - Amber Watcher

• Arthas's Avatar 185 459 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 2 weeks ago

A new Common Paladin Minion, Amber Watcher, has been revealed!

Amber Watcher Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Descent of Dragons

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Descent of Dragons!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• DelkoHS's Avatar Bulbasaur 260 263 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 2 weeks ago

So a much better Antique Healbot, stat- and tribewise. Healadin is my favorite deck of all time so I like this card very much :D

• Demonxz95's Avatar Content Squad Honorary Explorer 355 411 Posts Joined 03/19/2019
    Posted 2 weeks ago

5 mana for a decent body and good healing? Yes please.

Remember Antique Healbot? Uh, yeah, here he is again and powered up a lot.

No, that's wrong!

• ArngrimUndying's Avatar Jaina 350 326 Posts Joined 06/11/2019
    Posted 2 weeks ago

Dragon Paladin players (myself included) at this point:

• Joda's Avatar Magma Rager 240 143 Posts Joined 04/01/2019
    Posted 2 weeks ago

This has nonesense power level... A better antique healbot with the dragon tag? This sets power creeping scares me a bit :/

Never netdeck, craft Whizbang instead!

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 520 860 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 2 weeks ago

it's a bit...boring?

Like sure, it's definitely going to be used in Dragon paladin (however that deck is going to turn out eventually), but it's not like Paladin desperately needs heals.

I'd rather get some rush or taunt dragons to be used with Dragonspeaker and the other legendary. I guess this means we're really doubling down on the whole "handbuff big bois and survive until you can play them" strategy, which makes Sand Breath so much more confusing.

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• PipoHs's Avatar 115 140 Posts Joined 11/22/2019
    Posted 2 weeks ago

oh man, this is very strong

the curve on dragon paladin seems to be OP

• Hedwyn's Avatar Gul'dan 290 159 Posts Joined 07/05/2019
    Posted 2 weeks ago

Antique Healbot cries in the corner ..

I'm sorry for my bad english :)

• meisterz39's Avatar Anduin 275 202 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 1 week, 6 days ago

Amber Watcher looks like a phenomenal tool for a Hand Buff Dragon Paladin who wants to win the late game with huge dragons. There's probably still some risk that a Control Paladin archetype gets outclassed by other late game decks with powerful board clears (e.g. Warriors with Brawl) but being able to reliably activate Zandalari Templar and/or get value out of High Priest Thekal while playing for tempo (i.e. not spending all your mana on healing + card draw) could make this a reliable archetype.

• KANSAS's Avatar Wall 670 1019 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

Wow, an upgraded Antique Healbot and it is also a dragon. This will be played in highlander, dragon, mid-range, control, basically every paladin deck there is. A 5/6 for 5 is not bad, but the extra 8 health to any target makes this card super powerful.

• Alex13c's Avatar Squirtle 80 31 Posts Joined 05/31/2019

such an amazing card, it's perfect for the new dragon paladin archetype

• frosthearth's Avatar 275 257 Posts Joined 03/18/2019

So simple, yet so amazing. This card is the bridge between healadin and dragon paladin, opening doors to many new deckbuilding options. Maybe Zandalari Templar will finally see some play now. 

• kaiserkarl's Avatar Plains 240 120 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

This card is absolutely nuts with or without a viable dragon paldin deck : it's just good on its own.

Elders Scrolls : Legends / Runeterra

• kramerofboandls's Avatar 265 128 Posts Joined 04/01/2019

Ancient Healbot is back, with a dragon tag. Seems very good in dragon pally. Works also well with the new legendary. 

• UnGoroh's Avatar 100 52 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

Coz Pally didn't have enough healing? Screws over aggro decks quite a bit.

• Emptyness's Avatar Derpcorn 220 106 Posts Joined 03/16/2019

Wow, this one is OP in like every Paladin deck, except maybe the aggro ones. 5 mana for 4/6 dragon with heal is beyond good. I think it will be an almost auto-include. 

Now, you don't have to push so hard, Blizz. Chill

• MurlocAggroB's Avatar 210 108 Posts Joined 06/12/2019

People are saying RIP Antique Healbot, how 'bout RIP Tuskarr Jouster?

Blizzard's doing their damnedest to show how bad TGT is.

A man is lying on the street, some punks chopped off his head

I'm the only one who stops to see if he's dead.

Hmm. Turns out he's dead.

• mayhern's Avatar 130 142 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

Great card! Dragon Paladin is coming!!!

• allthehype's Avatar Thrall 130 143 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

That’s a lot of healing for vanilla stats. Very nice

• TheOdinson's Avatar 135 144 Posts Joined 06/04/2019

This card is just stupid right? Antique Healbot was one of the most played healing cards of all time, and it could only heal your face, and was a 5 mana 3/3, this is a 4/6, that can heal a minion, and has a very very relevant minion type. Like WTF is going on with how good this is. Obviously its not an aggro card, but basically in any other paladin deck you can think of, midrange, control, combo, you probably just play this. Its just that good. I think this card is 5 stars across the board.

To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of the women.

• Painkiller1724's Avatar 140 101 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Thank god you (still?) can't magnetize dragons 

• Svintusevich's Avatar 140 153 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Wow.. It looks strong even with no other dragons in a deck. A good card for both constructed and arena. If paladin will exist in the new meta this card can be played everywhere besides aggro archetype.

• Nere's Avatar 90 67 Posts Joined 07/28/2019

Uhh this card is nothing flashy, but it is very strong. Great stats and healing for 8 is nothing to laugh at

• Freforos's Avatar 135 147 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

This card in a vacuum is very strong, healing a good amount and put a reasonable body on the field is good, it can even help with other card that have dragon synergy.

its a grear addition to some kind of decks, because it alone improves the aggro matchups.

As i already said in regard of the warlock's cards revealed earlier, one of the problems of these kind of decks is to apply pressure to midrange, control and combo decks. If there won't be many cards good versus those types of decks then this card will be included only in anti-aggro decks.

• ArcanisDF's Avatar Dragon 280 177 Posts Joined 08/01/2019

good stats for it cost and op effect. Good trouble coming lol

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.