New Neutral Minion - Hot Air Balloon

• Arthas's Avatar 185 459 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 1 week, 6 days ago

A new Common Neutral Minion, Hot Air Balloon, has been revealed!

Hot Air Balloon Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Descent of Dragons

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Descent of Dragons!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• ArngrimUndying's Avatar Jaina 350 326 Posts Joined 06/11/2019

I can't see much value in this. It's not a terrible 1-drop, but how many 2-drop magnetics are there? Because without something like that i cant see this surviving long enough to have any impact.

• Me0203's Avatar 100 42 Posts Joined 06/13/2019

I was WONDERING why the reveal image looked like a Macy's parade float... And there it is. 

Cute as the card is, though, it seems bad. I'd rather play Mecharoo than this; it's not likely to survive long enough for the health gain to be a boon.

The worst possible feeling is when the person you are meets the person you could have been.

• Drageren's Avatar 220 122 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

magnethic decks support, but i think mecharoo is better. But after rotation need mech base for new mech decks and mechanics.

• DelkoHS's Avatar Bulbasaur 260 263 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

It's like a better Mecharoo in a way that it keeps getting more health. But could obviously also be ran aside it. Great for Magnetic decks like Mech Hunter.

• meisterz39's Avatar Anduin 275 202 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

I think Hot Air Balloon could be something of a sleeper...the health boost is small, but it's consistent and free. If that one extra health lets you value trade more than once in the early turns to maintain control of the board, this could be a game winning snowball effect.

• Zusk16's Avatar 55 13 Posts Joined 05/30/2019

Maybe i'm overrating this but its a 1 drop that grows and is a mech for your magnetic cards. If there is anything I've learned from hearthstone it is that above average 1 drops always show up.

• sicknantos's Avatar Bulbasaur 310 176 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

wild will love this for magnetic. not sure about standard yet

Rage quitting: the best way to ensure your opponent knows they beat a giant baby.

• SLima's Avatar 140 89 Posts Joined 08/17/2019

A solid 1 drop with a mech tag is nice, but the only deck that seems to be fully capable of capitalizing on its ability in standard is mech hunter (Venomizer, Spider Bomb). In wild, i can see this powering up decks that are already out of control. Which is bad for wild players.

• Meteorite12's Avatar Magma Rager 300 247 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Looks like it’d be too hard to get to stick, given the 2 health starting out. Some interesting things could probably be done with later with magnetic minions, but I’m not seeing it

Who needs consistency when you could have fun?

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 410 625 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

I can see this card seeing play 1/3 for 1 are almost always played somewhere.

This has potential to grow, it's a good base body for a mech to magnetize stuff on..

Dunno if it will see play now but it has potential. 

• Hellmorgar's Avatar 150 19 Posts Joined 06/04/2019

It would make a nice minion for battlegrounds.

• Mercynary9's Avatar Gold Supporter 205 169 Posts Joined 03/31/2019

Solid 1 drop mech, really love the effect of the card. Hopefully it's not going to be broken as many pre-nerfed 1-drop, but the meta will tell.

• Narfi's Avatar 145 149 Posts Joined 03/23/2019

Probably the worst card revealed so far. I’m glad to see the Mech pool diluted a bit more.

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 520 860 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

So this will be either entirely useless or be the next Undertaker. Given that theere won't be any new Magnetic cards, the only deck that actually makes use of this would be Hunter (or aggro mech Paladin).

Maybe it'll see some play as a Mecharoo substitute in Highlander Pally, but other than that it feels unimpressive

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• Janusi's Avatar 190 41 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

It looks puny, but it also keeps growing. I think this card might be more dangerous than it first looks.

• UnGoroh's Avatar 100 52 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

It's a good card if decks are pushed by the meta hard enough to not be able to remove it super-easily. It's very meta-dependant.

• Farfelee's Avatar Dragon 265 184 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

This card is an ok 1 drop. It could compete against Mecharoo for 1 mana mech decks, it's a nice base for a magnetic follow up and it can be considered as a 1 mana 1/3 if played on turn 1.

The issue that I see with this card is that it's really bad to draw it in the mid to late game for a mech deck. Obviously since it's a 1 mana card it shouldn't be amazing later in the game, but Mecharoo does give you 2 bodies for a 1 mana card, giving you a higher chance of getting a mech body to magnetize on your turn. So I don't see it completely being superior than Mecharoo as a 1 drop for mech decks.

This card seems like it can really only be properly played in the early game. By turn 3-4, it becomes a bad card to draw. Slower decks won't want this, aggro decks could instead play a guaranteed 1 mana 1/3 like Crystallizer and token decks would prefer Mecharoo if they were looking for some mech synergy.

Since I am not expecting mechs to get too much support in this expension, this card should only see play in mech hunter. Mech paladin souldn't consider this card because it has Glow-Tron which is much better, same for warrior with Eternium Rover.

More dragons? Yes please!

• frosthearth's Avatar 275 257 Posts Joined 03/18/2019

Great for magnetic but also another 1-drop for bwonsamdi in combo priest. 

• KANSAS's Avatar Wall 670 1019 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

I mean, after only one turn it becomes a 1 mana 1/3, which isn't bad, and then one turn after that it will become a 1/4, then a 1/5, so after surviving just one turn you start to gain benefit, and after one more turn it is just amazing.

I really don't know what to think of this, it is a powerful 1 drop, and assuming that your opponent doesn't also have a powerful 1 drop, it will probably turn into an absolutely OP 1 drop, but the window of opportunity is small. I think this is definitely worth testing in a mech deck, or just any aggro deck, but I am not really sure how reliable this card is.

• linkblade91's Avatar Global Moderator 255 316 Posts Joined 02/09/2019
    Quote From Hellmorgar

It would make a nice minion for battlegrounds.

That's what I'm thinking: it's a minion for Battlegrounds, and they shipped it to Constructed because they had space.

The card is fine, but I don't believe it to be anything spectacular; a sleeper that remains asleep because no one bothers to wake it up.

• TheOdinson's Avatar 135 144 Posts Joined 06/04/2019

If this wasn't a Mech or some other minion type it would probably be way worse, but as it goes, a 1/2 mech with an ability like this has a lot of potential because of buffs and magnetic. I think this will end up being a surprisingly frightening minion in Priest for obviously reasons, and potentially Paladin because of all the buff access.

To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of the women.

• UVE's Avatar Uther 230 95 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

I think that every aggro deck will play this when Dire Mole and other 1 drops rotates.

By The Holy Light!

• Emptyness's Avatar Derpcorn 220 106 Posts Joined 03/16/2019

A nice one not only for mech decks, but for any aggro/buff decks. And if you manage to stick it on the board (with magnetizing mechs or buffs) it will require a hard removal just after a few turns.

• xreflex98's Avatar Bulbasaur 95 94 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

Solid card but it feels like a Battleground for me, maybe I played that gamemode too much or something.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.