New Neutral Minion - Zul'Drak Ritualist

• Arthas's Avatar 185 459 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 1 week, 6 days ago

A new Rare Neutral Minion, Zul'Drak Ritualist, has been revealed!

Zul'Drak Ritualist Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Descent of Dragons

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Descent of Dragons!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• Meneldor's Avatar Bulbasaur 90 31 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

Geez what a terrible card. So at best you're giving your opponent 3 1/1s making this 4 mana 3/6 taunt... At best... 

• Yusuke's Avatar 150 112 Posts Joined 06/02/2019

Could it be MCTech BFF? Giving Opp 3 minions and stealing his strongest one in controll match ups, where people tend to play only 1 or 2 minions? XD Its not unusual that MCtech steals the best minion on the field...

• UnGoroh's Avatar 100 52 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

What a well designed anti rez priest card! The days of big priest were kinda over and cards like this solidify it. 

• ssaabbuu's Avatar 125 146 Posts Joined 08/01/2019

Good card to keep your face safe from aggro decks and messing up with ressurection pools.

Three 1 cost minions wouldn't usually be a big threat when used it.

• Joda's Avatar Magma Rager 240 143 Posts Joined 04/01/2019

Yeah, good tech to disturb the opponents resurrect pool... Other ways its just not worth to run.

Never netdeck, craft Whizbang instead!

• Aoyi's Avatar 60 13 Posts Joined 06/05/2019

I'd probably want to combo it with MCtech, but that means not using a 4 drop taunt until late game. It could be good against rez priest, but you can't count on that matchup. Overall, not something I'm likely to put in my deck unless the meta has a lot of rez priest.

• Freforos's Avatar 135 147 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

I'm not a fan of this card, too much rng... not only it can screw you giving your opponent good 1 drops but the fact that we have another good early drop with high health and taunt it's not cool when the card will pop up as a random 4 drop on the board. 

Nice tech versus resurrect priest if it will be a thing.

Maybe good in a control deck that has a low damage low cost enemy only AoE? 

• UVE's Avatar Uther 230 95 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

If you can trade some of the summoned tokens is really worth play.

By the way, is an upgrade to Desert Hare evolve pool.

By The Holy Light!

• ArcanisDF's Avatar Dragon 280 177 Posts Joined 08/01/2019

Don't like it.  pretty bad as an early taunt because rng could break you bad.

• Saf's Avatar 110 59 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Even long after res/big priest will be gone from wild, I’ll still be teaching this card. Just to fuck over the last guy running that kind of deck :

• DelkoHS's Avatar Bulbasaur 260 263 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

People keep mentioning big Priest counters but we already have Flight Master and Mad Summoner which saw no play. I don't think this card is any better and it will probably not see play.

• Koetti's Avatar Island 340 231 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

I'm happy they keep printing weird tech cards like this.

Ressurect is just such a BS mechanic.

Long, drawn-out Control Match-ups with Boardclears en masse and an unbelievable amount of greedy cards?

Sign me up!

• bro's Avatar 80 42 Posts Joined 10/20/2019

oaken summons is calling... taunt druid returns?

• meisterz39's Avatar Anduin 275 202 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

If you can avoid the battlecry, or buff the hell out of it, Zul'Drak Ritualist is insane. It's also good as a counter to Priest resurrection strategies. Not sure it has a home in standard, though.

• ArngrimUndying's Avatar Jaina 350 326 Posts Joined 06/11/2019

I'm surprised so many people don't think this card is good anti-Res tech.The body is much better than Flight Master and it summons 3 minions instead of 1 so a much better chance of diluting the Res pool. It's also a lot cheaper than Mad Summoner. Given that all the summons are 1-drops, any board clear that does 2 or more dmg is likely to wipe out the lot, so it's a quick play for maybe 6/7 mana in total that will almost certainly leave you with a good body afterwards - especially in Priest mirrors given that health line is a prime target for Divine Spirit + Inner Fire afterwards.

Will this be meta-defining? No. But I expect we'll see it played probably at/slightly below the frequency we saw other deck-specific tech cards like Skulking Geist

• kramerofboandls's Avatar 265 128 Posts Joined 04/01/2019

I think, that could backfire way to hard. 

Are there poisonous 1 drops at the moment? 

• AliRadicali's Avatar 400 623 Posts Joined 06/06/2019

Finally a solid neutral(!) tech card against resurrection strategies. What's nice is that this can be pretty easily played alongside a small AoE to immediately clear the spawned minions.

• frosthearth's Avatar 275 257 Posts Joined 03/18/2019

Great with oaken summons in wild, potentially better than Hecklebot. It's also a better tech card for big priest than, for example, Flight Master, since it's a good-statted taunt minion as well so it's not bad on its own. I don't believe there are any 1-drops to worry about, but still I'm not sure if there is any good reason to play this in standard.

• PipoHs's Avatar 115 140 Posts Joined 11/22/2019

tech card, not so impressive

but maybe it will see play, depend on the new meta

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 520 860 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

Am I missing something here or is this just filler?

Like sure, Anti Rez tech and maybe Oaken Summons shenanigans, but that's about it.

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• Meteorite12's Avatar Magma Rager 300 247 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

I wouldn’t say it’s just filler, just rather situational. I’d personally think of filler as more yeti stuff.

If their board is full or you have a board clear it could be decent enough, don’t think there’s too many 1 drops that could screw you over (really only that poisonous one in wild)

Who needs consistency when you could have fun?

• 8Nikano's Avatar 120 144 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

That card is so bad... But if you get it from evolve... that's the only warm situation I can think about it now

• Leetlejuice's Avatar 70 15 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

This will be a disappointing pack rare :

• FuRenz's Avatar Gul'dan 150 97 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

I think this is one of the worse cards printed until now(this expansion). Maybe a tech card vs ressurect as pointed, but still, not worth it. In standard at least, doesn't seem any good. 

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.