New Rogue Minion - Flik Skyshiv

• Arthas's Avatar 185 459 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 1 week, 5 days ago

A new Legendary Rogue Minion, Flik Skyshiv, has been revealed!

Flik Skyshiv Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Descent of Dragons

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Descent of Dragons!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• Oedlan's Avatar 150 7 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

Rogue Anti-Rogue card? 

Can you destroy your own minion to remove them from your opponents deck? 

• DelkoHS's Avatar Bulbasaur 260 263 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

A Rogue minion to ... Counter Rogue? lol

I mean it's also strong vs Sathrovarr combos, so should those ever become top tier, they can be countered at least.

Quote From Oedlan

Can you destroy your own minion to remove them from your opponents deck? 

I would think so yes.

• kramerofboandls's Avatar 265 128 Posts Joined 04/01/2019

Counters paladin 2 turn kill maybe.

Doesn't seem to good overall. 

• p's Avatar Gul'dan 210 113 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

This a 6 star card it will be in every rogue deck till it rotates.

• Leetlejuice's Avatar 70 15 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

Combo decks will have to be real careful. This nearly hard counters shirvall

Worth mentioning: should destroy your own copies too. 

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 410 625 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Quote From kramerofboandls

Counters paladin 2 turn kill maybe.

Doesn't seem to good overall. 

Why not? A 6 mana 4/4 + assassinate seems good to me, vile spine slayer has combo requirement, this does not.

It's effect is sometimes a double edged sword though. And sometimes a big positive. 

• Hellmorgar's Avatar 150 19 Posts Joined 06/04/2019

Destroying your own N'zoth seems to be a good idea.

That's true, but assassinate is never played. There aren't too many high value single targets in the current meta. Maybe that will change, but I don't think so. 

• Joda's Avatar Magma Rager 240 143 Posts Joined 04/01/2019

Rogue got the anti-rogue tech card :)) Pretty good for its cost, if you are playing against another class, there is no downside - it will not remove your own stuff.

Never netdeck, craft Whizbang instead!

• AliRadicali's Avatar 400 623 Posts Joined 06/06/2019

I dislike the fact that they made this a class card. Getting rid of copies of a card is quite a niche thing to do: usually it's irrelevant but against certain decks it's game-winning: EG Pogo-hopper, Shirvallah, so why not give all classes access to the effect?

Flik is obviously very powerful, probably too strong to print as a neutral as-is, but IMO a toned-down version of this would've been neat. Also how is Flik not a pirate?

• ArngrimUndying's Avatar Jaina 350 326 Posts Joined 06/11/2019

This card is either going to be insane or a total bust - no in between. I can definitely see the potential here, but it's too early to judge how much immediate impact this will have outside of obviously being anti-Sathrovarr. Really interesting to see how this plays out...

Quote From AliRadicali

Also how is Flik not a pirate?

Because he's clearly a Ninja. Go Ninjas! 

• Jdeg9142's Avatar 50 6 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

Basically a reprint of Vilespine Slayer, one of Rogue’s best single target removals ever, without a combo requirement and with specific tech that can be used for specific matchups as a bonus. Insta five stars that sees play in every Rogue deck till it rotates.

• Drageren's Avatar 220 122 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

Pogohopper counter, finally, so long these monsters terrorizing ladder.

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 520 860 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

I mean, it'S definitely good (removal on a stick is always good) but in what scenario does it really pay off? Best case scenario you're going to target a regular minion and preemptively remove the second copy in your opponent's deck, which is obviously good, but not terribly exciting.

The only scenario where this REALLY shines is against Quest Druid, where you can use it to kill both Oasis Surgers at once while also killing the one in the deck (and possibly Floop if they have it in hand at that time)

Maybe it can act as a pseudo board clear against token decks that some multiple tokens of the same type (like treants) and you get to screw over the 3 people that still play Holy Wrath Paladin.

It's good, and it will definitely be a staple in most Rogue decks just for the tempo alone, but I feel like the effect just won't be as....exciting....as it looks.

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• frosthearth's Avatar 275 257 Posts Joined 03/18/2019

I'm not sure why this was class-specific, seems like it should be a neutral. The effect is overall great, Vilespine Slayer was borderline broken and this doesn't require you to combo it with a different card. Even if not used as a combo disruptor, it can at best destroy an enemy minion, disable your opponent to play a second copy they run in their deck and potentially any generated or discovered copies. Great card.

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 410 625 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Quote From kramerofboandls

That's true, but assassinate is never played. There aren't too many high value single targets in the current meta. Maybe that will change, but I don't think so. 

Vile spine slayer was a 2 of in every rogue deck until it rotated +1 attack +1 mana - combo requirement 

It doesn't even need to be a big minion meta this is a tempo play, assassinate is not a tempo play. 

• MenacingBagel's Avatar Bulbasaur 155 162 Posts Joined 09/24/2019

*Rouge points gun at rouge* But seriously this is a rouge counter in rouge which is kind of odd. But the main question does it work on jades? because if so that pestilence is completely gone. Also, I love her? art and special effects with a soft spot for kobolds I love this card.

Only a fool thinks they know everything. I admit that I know nothing

• UnGoroh's Avatar 100 52 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

I think it destroys all copies like it says. Yours and of the opponent. Cool card. Nice tech VS (Rogue) shenanigans

• ProfPlum's Avatar 100 26 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

Great Card - gonna be interesting getting rid of the big Dragon prep cards  (you know - that big guy... with the face)

• 8Nikano's Avatar 120 144 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

Vilespine is better only because it costs one mana less and you can run two copies of it. Besides that, this card is very good, coz it gives you nive body (4/4) and good assasinate effect

• RandomGuy's Avatar 305 468 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Quote From p

This a 6 star card it will be in every rogue deck till it rotates.

Yup.

• AngryShuckie's Avatar 275 118 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Quote From 8Nikano

Vilespine is better only because it costs one mana less and you can run two copies of it. Besides that, this card is very good, coz it gives you nive body (4/4) and good assasinate effect

Pfft. This is rogue. You can run as many of any card as you like (unless your opponent has their own Flik...).

Seriously though, this is pretty much an auto-include in standard and probably takes the place of one of the Vilespines in wild. It might even be played in addition to both Vilespines there.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.