New Warlock Minion - Valdris Felgorge

• Arthas's Avatar 185 459 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 2 weeks, 5 days ago

A new Legendary Warlock Minion, Valdris Felgorge, has been revealed!

Valdris Felgorge Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Descent of Dragons

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Descent of Dragons!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• AliRadicali's Avatar 400 632 Posts Joined 06/06/2019

7 mana 4/4: draw 4 would already be fine even without the permanent hand size increase. Also compliments the loss of life tap in Galakrond decks very nicely.

• MenacingBagel's Avatar Dragon Scholar 160 168 Posts Joined 09/24/2019

so sprint on a stick that also increases your hand size and with the minion reveled with this it will spawn a 12/12 with taunt for 6 mana. This expansion is going to be crazy powerful in all regards. Back to this though its sprint on a stick with more hand space it's going to be crazy I can assure that.

Only a fool thinks they know everything. I admit that I know nothing

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 525 898 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

Torn on this one.

On one "hand" drawing 4 while also increasing Handsize in a class that likes to draw a lot is pretty strong. This makes both Plot twist and the Quest a lot better.

On the other hand, this is a 7-mana 4/4 that does nothing the turn it's played, meaning you'll usually have to set up a Doomsayer turn to play this and even then it's a pretty weak play by itself.

Although we finally get to play 1-mana Mountain Giants.

The real question is whether this works in combination with a dragon package, because otherwise I don't see Controllock working out.

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• ArngrimUndying's Avatar Jaina 355 341 Posts Joined 06/11/2019

What - and I cannot stress this enough - the actual fuck.

I legitimately have no idea what in the world is going on with this. I don't think Handlock has enough stuff in Standard to make this a Thing: Abyssal Summoner & Mountain Giant being the main targets I guess? In Wild a bit more options, but honestly I feel like this is "setting the stage" for Handlock in NEXT APRIL's expansion, so just a little random right now

• Alfi's Avatar E.V.I.L. Dragon 315 201 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

So Sprint was a weak card....

-=alfi=-

• Bersak's Avatar 270 198 Posts Joined 06/12/2019

Helloooooo Gul‘dan, glad to see you‘re ack! And how much you have grown!

Winner winner chicken dinner

• Lightspoon's Avatar Merfolk 400 342 Posts Joined 04/01/2019

So nice and with such an interesting new mechanic!

4/4, draw 4 for 7 mana it was already decent but with also that hand size's increase... Oh yea!

• Paquitopaq's Avatar Bulbasaur 175 35 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

A possible mill warlock in wild? Maybe there isn't enough support for it but it can be very funny to see you opponent stuck with his 10 cards hand and burning cards while you laugh with your 12 cards

• DelkoHS's Avatar Child of Galakrond 280 284 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

This card is fine, but its stats and costs make it a really slow play. HandLock was my first deck I took to Legend and when played correctly you don't need to draw 4 late in the game. Therefor I think this card is better suited for a more midrange (Galakrond) / Combo (Mecha'thun) deck.

• Meteorite12's Avatar Magma Rager 340 254 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

I’d be amazed if this card ended up seeing no play with just how much card draw that is. 

Who needs consistency when you could have fun?

• meisterz39's Avatar Anduin 275 217 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

Repost from the news thread, as I meant to post here for the giveaway...

Valdris Felgorge is awesome, regardless of whether or not it's good. Increasing max hand size is a phenomenal effect, and drawing 4 cards is certainly worth 7 mana (Sprint), so the extra 4/4 body is just a nice bonus. Not immediately obvious to me what you do with a 12 card hand, but with the various discard tools that generate extra copies of cards (e.g. Expired Merchant, High Priestess Jeklik, and Soulwarden), the space could be very useful.

• RandomGuy's Avatar 305 474 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

This seems like it goes in every single archetype of warlock.

• frosthearth's Avatar 300 264 Posts Joined 03/18/2019

The effect looks outrageous, but I'm not sure if the increased hand size is actually relevant. You still need to draw like mad to keep your hand full or play one card at a time and all that just do discount a mountain giant or play a huge demon. I'm not entirely certain of the intended direction for handlock in the future, but it sure seems interesting. 

• troY's Avatar E.V.I.L. Dragon 165 149 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

I also feel this card is too slow. But it's effect is very strong nonetheless

• Almaniarra's Avatar Draconically Dedicated 410 698 Posts Joined 03/21/2019

They already convinced me to play warlock with dragons in warlock.

I'm completely sold. Now I'm hyped.

But sorry, this isn't a 5-star card. It is a 4 star at best even though it hypes me enough.

• Hedwyn's Avatar Draconically Dedicated 290 160 Posts Joined 07/05/2019

Ohhh nice, I will play this for sure in my control renolocks :D

I'm sorry for my bad english :)

• Saf's Avatar 110 60 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Giving this 5 stars just because it’s breaking the fundamental “laws” of hearthstone. Considered giving it one star for the exact same reason..

• KANSAS's Avatar Wall 695 1077 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

I am always a fan of cards that break the general rules of hearthstone, so I am pretty excited to test this card out. Drawing 4 cards right off the bat is really great, and you still have 3 mana (which is enough to play Nether Breath). I am not sure though if getting 2 extra cards in hand will make this draw/hand warlock viable. It will be a huge help for sure, 2 extra cards is more than it sounds, but warlock needs a solid finisher, and while this card will be a key card in handlocks, it doesn't kill your opponent.

In short, it is a powerful card in the decks it's in, but we still need a powerful deck to put it in.

• RandomGuy's Avatar 305 474 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Quote From frosthearth

The effect looks outrageous, but I'm not sure if the increased hand size is actually relevant. You still need to draw like mad to keep your hand full or play one card at a time and all that just do discount a mountain giant or play a huge demon. I'm not entirely certain of the intended direction for handlock in the future, but it sure seems interesting. 

I actually think the handsize thing is really relevant. Overflow is a card that Druid would want to play a lot, but handsize issues make it very hard.

• sicknantos's Avatar Bulbasaur 330 183 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

I love the idea of "breaking the rule" and holding two extra cards

Rage quitting: the best way to ensure your opponent knows they beat a giant baby.

• linkblade91's Avatar Global Moderator Draconically Dedicated 260 323 Posts Joined 02/09/2019

Sprint on a stick was good enough; adding in +2 to your maximum hand size is just a bonus. I expect to see a lot of this card.

If you have the time please check out my custom expansion, The Trials Within Us!

• mayhern's Avatar 130 142 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

Interesting card, but not sure what to think of it yet. Maybe after the whole set comes out it will be easier to evaluate.

• Koetti's Avatar Island 365 246 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

Twilight Drake would probably be a good way of combining Hand-Lock with Dragons

Long, drawn-out Control Match-ups with Boardclears en masse and an unbelievable amount of greedy cards?

Sign me up!

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 455 638 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Quote From Alfi

So Sprint was a weak card....

It always was the only reason it was ever played was cause prep made it a 4 cost card and now that prep is a 2 mana discount the card will never be played ever again cause blizzard doesn't "buff" basic cards ever..  or actually go and fix rogue spells that got their cost so high cause of prep..

Now this card seems good actually since warlock got a nice little lifesteal/removal card for 2 mana you can play this and that card (while obviously drawing a dragon in the proccess) and remove something..

You know what does that reminds me of? Ultimate Infestation (-1 on everything though) that's how good this card is.. (4 damage, 4 "heal",4 damage,4/4 minion)

Now you don't have to play Nether Breath but you can do that so you are not in a state that you play this card in a turn and have no way to deal with the board or nothing to do drawing 4 cards is very good the secondary effect is also really powerful as well specially in warlock specially if you are running dragons as well so you can hold them for longer.

Quote From Almaniarra

They already convinced me to play warlock with dragons in warlock.

I'm completely sold. Now I'm hyped.

But sorry, this isn't a 5-star card. It is a 4 star at best even though it hypes me enough.

There should also be a dragon legendary for the class as well as far as I have seen every class gets one "normal" legendary and one "dragon" legendary

+ 5 classes get galakrond who might as well be neutral by how he works.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.