New Neutral Minion - Dragon Breeder

• Freforos's Avatar Draconically Dedicated 310 318 Posts Joined 11/21/2019
    Posted 1 year, 4 months ago

A cheaper, better stated Zola the gorgon only for dragons (and you can run 2)? i really like the design.

Versus aggro decks you just play the 2/3 on turn 2, you don't need the value.

I'm actually not sure if dragon decks will run this tho, i think we have to play it to see if the effect it's worth it

• liontail's Avatar Draconically Dedicated 210 277 Posts Joined 09/04/2019

Combo this with Dragonqueen Alexstrasza for more infinite value XD

• linkblade91's Avatar Global Moderator Lissandra 1300 1258 Posts Joined 02/09/2019

In Wild at least, I think I would rather play Netherspite Historian. You can play her on turn two, and don't need a Dragon already out. Dragon Breeder, to get the maximum value, would require you to sit on him until after a mega-Dragon has already hit the table, which is a pain.

Still, it's a good card. Just...not as good as the Historian, in my opinion.

If you have the time, you should totally check out our weekly Hearthstone card design competitions! :D

• troY's Avatar Funnel Cakes 245 271 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

This will fit Highlander decks nicely, to get a second copy of good Dragons. I think it will see play for sure

• CursedParrot's Avatar 560 675 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

I feel like this card would be really cool in Battlegrounds, since it could help players get triples of Dragons really easily. Amalgam also makes this good in pretty much every Battlegrounds deck

• Valord's Avatar 465 281 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Its like Netherspite Historians lost cousin. The new Deathwing and priest dragon come to mind with good dragons to target.

• KANSAS's Avatar Old God Fanatic 1715 2711 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Quote From RandomGuy

Meh. I'm surprised people think this card is good.

Why is this an effect that you want?

because it is a 2 mana 2/3 that adds a card to your hand.

Zola the Gorgon is a very good card, this is basically zola but for dragon decks only. My question is this; Why isn't this an effect you want?

Carrion, my wayward grub.

• RandomGuy's Avatar 430 614 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Quote From KANSAS
    Quote From RandomGuy

Zola the Gorgon is a very good card, this is basically zola but for dragon decks only. My question is this; Why isn't this an effect you want?

This is basically a highlander tech card and little else, absent some combo that emerges.

People always forget to consider that cards cost spots in your deck. That's the opportunity cost.

This is usually River Croc. Occasionally good River Croc is still basically always River Croc. You very rarely want River Croc.

• Input's Avatar 465 259 Posts Joined 06/01/2019

Zola was strong, and I imagine this will be too. I'm thinking strong value alongside Dragonqueen Alexstraza if you hold off one of the 0-drops until the next turn.

• sto650's Avatar Santa Braum 555 477 Posts Joined 03/30/2019

2-mana 2/3 body is great, and the copy effect is fantastic. This will be an easy auto-include in any dragon deck.

• Horus's Avatar Mankrik's Wife 2020 2141 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

As if Dragons weren't stand alone value ^^

Struggle with Heroic Galakrond's Awakening? I got your back : 

• theo333's Avatar Outlandish Rager 745 546 Posts Joined 03/29/2019

Warlock with potential 4 Twilight Drakes. Infuriating.

• CrimsonRShadow's Avatar Darkmaster 285 14 Posts Joined 06/18/2019
    Quote From meisterz39

Dragon Breeder is basically a vanilla stated minion with "draw a card," which is obviously great. You want to be holding dragons in hand for dragon synergies, and this helps land that, and you prefer to get more copies of the dragons you included in your deck (as opposed to random ones) for pretty obvious reasons.

Agreed. The most understated boon of Dragon Breeder that I also immediately thought of was that it enables cards with the text: "If you're holding a Dragon," such as Smolderthorn Lancer and upcoming cards from Descent of Dragons. Additionally, it can be used to great effect by copying dragons in singleton decks, particularly Dragonqueen Alexstrasza. Dragon Breeder doesn't have to be an ultimate value generator though either and is pretty flexible in the sense that adding a copy of a dragon provides a good amount of value by itself.

• AliRadicali's Avatar 460 713 Posts Joined 06/06/2019
    Quote From KANSAS
    Quote From RandomGuy

Zola was good in Cavern-quest rogue and Combo Shudderwock. Unless you get a game-winning edge from specifically copying cards, or copying specific cards, the Zola Effect is just situational value.

• Wagnuz's Avatar 125 67 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

Great card. Decent stats for a two drop, and with a potential high value pickup.

• bigcums's Avatar Dragon Scholar 215 93 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

it's a nice deck fill card 

3 stars 

• Ethardoth's Avatar Harpy Lieutenant 430 380 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

In dragon decks, you better look draw/generation somewhere else. For 2 mana, you'll want your cards to be as impactful as possible, and you'll want bigger body/more draw later. Could be good for duplicating win condition dragons, but I found none to be worth it for now.

• Nere's Avatar 120 67 Posts Joined 07/28/2019

Great value card, now I wish even more that the original Kazakus was a dragon as many people were speculating. Similar effect to Zola, of course not as good, but you can have two of them.

• Svintusevich's Avatar Draconically Dedicated 185 153 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

A very good one! A 2-3 body for 2 - is always ok. The battlecry makes this card a very nice and flexible for any dragon deck. Nothing special but it's good. It's definitely will be played a lot IMO.

• vprr's Avatar Face Collector 535 209 Posts Joined 03/31/2019

2 mana Zola the Gorgon for dragons, seems pretty good.

Especially potent with the new priest card Fate Weaver, also the new explorer discover cards like Azure Explorer. This has got a huge amount of potential in the upcoming meta. Can see this as a staple in any dragon based highlander decks, and also in any mid to late game dragon decks. Very powerful card.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium