New Warrior Weapon - Ancharrr

• Arthas's Avatar 185 459 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 1 week, 4 days ago

A new Legendary Warrior Weapon, Ancharrr, has been revealed!

Ancharrr Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Descent of Dragons

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Descent of Dragons!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• Yusuke's Avatar 150 112 Posts Joined 06/02/2019

I am in charge now!...oh wait... Yaharrr! Pirate warrior gets a draw weapon? I guess it's good, but in standard it's crap.

• Koetti's Avatar Island 340 231 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

Pirate Warrior never had sufficient card draw, so this might make it viable again. 

Long, drawn-out Control Match-ups with Boardclears en masse and an unbelievable amount of greedy cards?

Sign me up!

• UnGoroh's Avatar 100 52 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

Could've been a rare. Good draw engine though

• iiBloodHunter's Avatar 130 6 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

waste of a good and playable legendary, disappointing.

• Tetsuo's Avatar 205 147 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Wow, never expected a legendary weapon this expansion...insane. 

Pirate Warrior in Wild just got a good card draw tool. I don't think this will see much play in Standard, unless they release some new pirates in the upcoming expansions...

• DelkoHS's Avatar Bulbasaur 260 263 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

So only Warrior gets a Legendary weapon right? Good card for Aggro (Pirate?) Warrior.

• Meneldor's Avatar Bulbasaur 90 31 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

Well Pirate Warrior is currently non existent but even if there was a good pirate deck I don't know how good this weapon would be. 2/3 stats are worth 2 mana so you are paying 1 mana for draw 3 but split for 3 turns which is kinda slow for a pirate deck. It would be interesting to see how will this weapon perform in wild where pirate warrior is good

• AliRadicali's Avatar 400 623 Posts Joined 06/06/2019

Pirate warrior is going to need something like a Bloodsail Cultist to become a viable deck. It was the synergy between cheap pirates and weapons that made the old deck powerful.

• vprr's Avatar Uther 290 207 Posts Joined 03/31/2019

For standard there likely isn't going to be enough pirate synergy to make this weapon work. Maybe in a pirate tempo hybrid that runs Galakrond, the Unbreakable, but the current pool of pirate minions may not be enough to justify it.

Should be great for Arena and Wild, decent stats for such a powerful effect and it isn't too unlikely to draft a couple pirates.

• Elfensilver's Avatar Valeera 245 166 Posts Joined 03/14/2019

Well, at least sky pirates sound fun in theory- alas, in praxis it sucks to play against any pirate warrior.

Help me get counseling for my suicidal starving hyenas.

• PipoHs's Avatar 115 140 Posts Joined 11/22/2019

waiting for more pirates to come

• RavenSunHS's Avatar Swamp 455 881 Posts Joined 03/27/2019

Good weapon, but slow for the pace of old PW.

This hints at a slower iteration of Pirate Warrior.

• Joda's Avatar Magma Rager 240 143 Posts Joined 04/01/2019

Right now in there arent any good pirates for warrior in standard. Maybe there is hope in the future, but at the moment this card seems totally irrelevant.

Never netdeck, craft Whizbang instead!

• ArcanisDF's Avatar Dragon 280 177 Posts Joined 08/01/2019

fear the comeback of pirate meta in  wild

• sto650's Avatar HearthStationeer 240 198 Posts Joined 03/30/2019

This is a totally bizarre nod to the wild meta. Maybe they were afraid that giving Warriors a good standard card would make them too powerful for this expac, so they threw a bone to the wild warrior players?

• mayhern's Avatar 130 142 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

Don't think it'll see play in standard, however in Wild it's another thing. May be just what pirate warrior needs.

• Meteorite12's Avatar Magma Rager 300 247 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Bit weird to see this now, since pirates haven’t been that great for a little while. Wonder if this means we’ll be seeing some more pirates later on this expansion.

As for the card itself, tutoring 3 sounds great on paper, and pirates as a tribe thrive on this kind of added fuel. Not entirely sure the pirates are gonna be good enough though, they might be what drags the deck down

Who needs consistency when you could have fun?

• Alfi's Avatar Bulbasaur 295 196 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Excellent weapon for pirate warrior

-=alfi=-

• anchorm4n's Avatar HearthStationeer 295 254 Posts Joined 03/13/2019

Pirate Warrior was the next deck I intended to craft in wild, so I won't be sad if I should get this from my packs :) from what I know of the deck, it surely lacks draw.

Double the pride, double the fall.

• p's Avatar Gul'dan 210 113 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Nice draw engine if we get invoke pirates too Galakrond pirate warrior can be fun. Dont think it will happen but we will see

• frosthearth's Avatar 275 257 Posts Joined 03/18/2019

Why would they even print this now? You can slot it in pirate warrior in wild I guess, but I don't see this existing in standard unless they print more warrior pirates this expansion. Even then I don't think it will be relevant at all.

• Hedwyn's Avatar Gul'dan 290 159 Posts Joined 07/05/2019

Legendary weapon? ughhh .. In standard isn't that good, but certainlly will see play in wild pirate warrior.

I'm sorry for my bad english :)

• meisterz39's Avatar Anduin 275 202 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

Seems like a great card - 3 mana draw 3 along with Warrior quest synergy. Could make for a sweet Pirate Tempo warrior.

• Teuton's Avatar 110 36 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

For standard it clearly seems like a set up for a future expansion, when they might add more pirate synergy. In wild it might help pirate warrior to pull the class out of the bottom tier. We'll see. Maybe I should re-craft patches? 

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.