New Shaman Minion - Cumulo-Maximus

• Arthas's Avatar 185 459 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 1 week, 3 days ago

A new Epic Shaman Minion, Cumulo-Maximus, has been revealed!

Cumulo-Maximus Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Descent of Dragons

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Descent of Dragons!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• JackJimson's Avatar Uther 95 32 Posts Joined 11/19/2019

5/5 for 5, not bad.

Kinda reminds me of Fire Elemental with a bigger upside but conditional effect.

EDIT: Wow, didn't realize this can hit face.

7 mana, 10 damage reach for quest shaman.

• Horus's Avatar Stalagg 610 798 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

5mana 5/5 with a good effect : Nice!

'' When I was your age, Pluto was a planet. '' -Unknown

• MurlocAggroB's Avatar 210 108 Posts Joined 06/12/2019

Thankfully not Even.

A man is lying on the street, some punks chopped off his head

I'm the only one who stops to see if he's dead.

Hmm. Turns out he's dead.

• Hydralisk's Avatar Mountain 335 207 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Face! Lets go! Haha. Aggro doomhammer punch you in the face lava burst fun shaman!

• CursedParrot's Avatar 125 59 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

This is basically Pit Crocolisk (8 Mana 5/6 with Battlecry: Deal 5 Damage) except it costs 3 less and requires overload. This might not actually be too good, since cards like Lava Schock that unlock overloaded Mana crystals were never that great

• TheOdinson's Avatar 135 144 Posts Joined 06/04/2019

You don't really want to play 5 mana 5/5s, but when you can get a free 5 damage and it works along side the Shaman quest this is pretty spicy. Its still a bit expensive and because you have to have overloaded mana crystals its not as easy to find the right opportunity to play this in the midgame, but its still going to be one of the more common minions I think we'll see in shaman decks once Evolve rotates back out.

To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of the women.

• kaiserkarl's Avatar Plains 240 120 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Dude. With those cheap 0 mana overload spells... Let's kill something, kill something else, summon a totem, deal 10 damage face then mutate because why not. Yiikes.

Elders Scrolls : Legends / Runeterra

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 410 625 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

Quest shaman just got additional 20 potential face damage in the deck it's not like they were otking you or anything anyway.

• RavenSunHS's Avatar Swamp 455 881 Posts Joined 03/27/2019
  • Alfi's Avatar Bulbasaur 295 196 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Nice, love the name

-=alfi=-

• Tript's Avatar 80 20 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Like it. Love the name. Of course OP next to all the other dragons cards, this expension is so bloody strong.

• UnGoroh's Avatar 100 52 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

Powerful tempo swing / finisher

• Farfelee's Avatar Dragon 265 184 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

Reminds me of Blazecaller which was a great card. 2 less mana, - 1/1 in stats and a more managable condition for the battlecry. This card is very powerful.

More dragons? Yes please!

• allthehype's Avatar Thrall 130 143 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

Just crazy. This could find a spot in most Shaman decks with some overload cards.

I'm getting worried this expansion will be too overpowered and everyone will hate it during the next cycle, like K&C but even worse. But at least all those OP cards looks FUN! 

• Joda's Avatar Magma Rager 240 143 Posts Joined 04/01/2019

Very good, but a scary addition for quest and aggro shaman.

Never netdeck, craft Whizbang instead!

• HairyPotter89's Avatar 70 17 Posts Joined 07/03/2019

I really hope the other cards in this set are gonna be as powerful as predicted, because if after getting all kinds of awesome dragons I still have to play against nothing but stupid quest and aggroshamans using this stupid card I will lose my mind :) 

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 520 860 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

Eh...

Quest Shaman doesn't run enough overload for this to be worth and I don't think they'd want to include an overload package just to make this work. Kobold LAckey + Wasp already does the same amount of damage for less commitment.

Aggro Shaman already has Lava Burst, which is better because it's cheaper, and they really don't need that much reach. Could maybe see it being run in the more board centered builds. If you drop this with Zap after a tur 4 Thunderhead you get big  tempo.

I get the feeling Shaman will get some cards that justify this existing

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• Koetti's Avatar Island 340 231 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

Overload shaman is definitely gonna be thing. Thunderhaed alone is reason enough to play a Overload-Package, and this seems like powerful Mid-game play/finisher.

I hope they also print a card that unlocks your Manacrystals. 

Long, drawn-out Control Match-ups with Boardclears en masse and an unbelievable amount of greedy cards?

Sign me up!

• vprr's Avatar Uther 290 207 Posts Joined 03/31/2019

This seems to be quite powerful.

When compared to Blazecaller one could assume that it would be easier to overload than to play an elemental the turn before, at least it should be more consistent. In an overload midrange/aggro deck this could be a very powerful addition, should be seeing play in the upcoming meta.

• PipoHs's Avatar 115 140 Posts Joined 11/22/2019

this card is very strong

quest shaman will be more oppressive 

• UVE's Avatar Uther 230 95 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Really powerfull card.

Tempo overload shaman will be frightening.

By The Holy Light!

• DelkoHS's Avatar Bulbasaur 260 263 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Lava Burst with legs. I think this will be insane in the aggressive Overload Shaman variant.

• Hiei's Avatar 75 29 Posts Joined 03/21/2019

Insane, will probably be played in every shaman deck since overload is not that hard to trigger. Can go face, really a true damn insane card.

Murlocs <3

• Emptyness's Avatar Derpcorn 220 106 Posts Joined 03/16/2019

Lava burst with a body that should not be overestimated. Quest shaman will be probably strong for another few months. 

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.