New Mage Minion - Dragoncaster

• Arthas's Avatar 185 459 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 1 week, 3 days ago

A new Rare Mage Minion, Dragoncaster, has been revealed!

Dragoncaster Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Descent of Dragons

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Descent of Dragons!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• vprr's Avatar Uther 290 207 Posts Joined 03/31/2019

A cheaper version of Inkmaster Solia.

Should see play at least in higher mana curve highlander decks and midrange dragon decks with a couple expensive spells. Could also just use then when your cheap discover spells give expensive options like Power of Creation. Should be a decent card, Solia never saw huge amounts of play so its hard to say whether this one will.

• Fishtank's Avatar 50 7 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Insane. We've seen plenty of "holding a dragon" cards do great things in the past. That limitation is easily played around.

Assuming Dragon Mage is otherwise viable, this will be incredible.

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 410 625 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

This used to be a one off reward for going highlander, now it costs 1 less and have a much easier condition.. 

Good thing solia wasn't considered a must have or too strong.. Just an OK card in Reno mage back in 2016..

Inb4 5 mana 3/5 battlecry: if you are holding a dragon restore your hero to full

• Joda's Avatar Magma Rager 240 143 Posts Joined 04/01/2019

Really strong. Even if you play it with a secret, its a 1 mana discount.

Never netdeck, craft Whizbang instead!

• Koetti's Avatar Island 340 231 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

And People call Amber Watcher a Powercreep!

Long, drawn-out Control Match-ups with Boardclears en masse and an unbelievable amount of greedy cards?

Sign me up!

• meisterz39's Avatar Anduin 275 202 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

The major value-add here over a card like Arcane Tyrant is cheating out a big spell early. Most mage spells that see play cost 6 or less, so most of the time you probably aren’t cheating out a big early spell. Of course, that’s fine - adding a body to any AOE is still grea

• Bersak's Avatar 265 194 Posts Joined 06/12/2019

Don’t compare this card to incmaster solias powerlevel. Mage has Puzzlebox, Power of creation and sometimes plays pyroblast! This is a completly different Situation and much more powerfull

Winner winner chicken dinner

• mayhern's Avatar 130 142 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

OMG! Dragon mage has some crazy potential now! Let those pyroblasts fly!

• ArcanisDF's Avatar Dragon 280 177 Posts Joined 08/01/2019

turn 6: 4/4 body and Pyroblast in your face. Great card for dragon mage

• frosthearth's Avatar 275 257 Posts Joined 03/18/2019

This will certainly be part of the meta at least for some time in a Big dragon mage or a dragon highlander mage deck

• Sol's Avatar 110 68 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Inkmaster Solia without the highlander restriction. I wonder if the reason why they avoided bringing Luna's Pocket Galaxyto 6 mana is because of this card; this card would give you a minion on board plus the ability to play Pocket Galaxy in one turn which is definitely better than playing a 6-mana Pocket Galaxy on turn 6 and not getting to do anything else.

Well it's over

• Emptyness's Avatar Derpcorn 220 106 Posts Joined 03/16/2019

Mage and cheap spells is always a nice recipe. I think it will see play, with so many dragons being introduced. 

• codyCCG's Avatar 15 2 Posts Joined 06/20/2019
  • PipoHs's Avatar 115 140 Posts Joined 11/22/2019

dragon mage will run expensive spells, this one fits very well

• Drageren's Avatar 220 122 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

10 out of 10, autoinclude in every highlander control mages, but can be highlander mage be playble in future meta?

PS i hate power level of this expansion. I really think it will ruin the game.

• Juan73908's Avatar Magma Rager 240 156 Posts Joined 11/28/2019

6 mana only? The cost for this card is ridiculously small. Even without the 4/4 body this would be played. At least it's not a dragon...

• ssaabbuu's Avatar 125 146 Posts Joined 08/01/2019

Very strong card, specially for big spell mage. Will definitely see play in dragon big spell.

• bro's Avatar 80 42 Posts Joined 10/20/2019

nuts. dragon mage is gonna be insane

• Elfensilver's Avatar Valeera 245 166 Posts Joined 03/14/2019
    Quote From Drageren

10 out of 10, autoinclude in every highlander control mages, but can be highlander mage be playble in future meta?

PS i hate power level of this expansion. I really think it will ruin the game.

Sadly, this card really is too strong. Well, since it is a rare, a lot of folks will profit from the inevitable nerf.

Help me get counseling for my suicidal starving hyenas.

• Alfi's Avatar Bulbasaur 295 196 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Well, the condition is easier to fullflill than Inkmaster Solias

-=alfi=-

• AliRadicali's Avatar 400 623 Posts Joined 06/06/2019
    Quote From Alfi

Well, the condition is easier to fullflill than Inkmaster Solias

Yes and no. This requires less deckbuilding sacrifices, but Solia and her ilk will always do their thing provided you build a highlander deck, whereas dragon synergy cards are still conditional/situational.

• Narfi's Avatar 145 149 Posts Joined 03/23/2019

Smaller Inkmaster Solia. She wasn’t good enough then, and isn’t good enough in Wild. Is the change in cost, condition, or meta enough? *shrug* I’ll try it if I get it.

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 520 860 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

Well, Reno Dragon Mage is looking pretty good right now.

If you use it with Blizzard and Flamestirke it's sort of like Arcane Tyrant. It also allows for a TTK (and potential OTk with Pocket Galaxy) with Alex, Pyroblast and Fireball.

If not reno then just regular Dragon Control. Probably one of the strongest Mage cards in a while.

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 520 860 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Quote From Narfi

Smaller Inkmaster Solia. She wasn’t good enough then, and isn’t good enough in Wild. Is the change in cost, condition, or meta enough? *shrug* I’ll try it if I get it.

one mana is a huge difference (allows Pyro + Fireball for isntance). Also you don't need to necessarily go Reno, not to mention Solia never saw Pocket Galaxy in Standard, so there's that.

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.