New Shaman Minion - Nithogg

• Valord's Avatar 145 145 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 1 week, 2 days ago

Seems like a win more card is some situations but still decent with Corrupt the Waters

• linkblade91's Avatar Global Moderator 255 318 Posts Joined 02/09/2019

I would have to see the other Shaman cards, because this is a bit of an odd duck. Sure you can pair it with Corrupt the Waters, but is it worth the effort? I don't know yet.

• Svintusevich's Avatar 140 153 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Right niow it looks controversial to me. The 13-13 stats we can get for 6 mana are very good. But the card is slow and we come to the same question as usual - will we be able to play this card and survive? I think it may find it's place in some decks especially after the next rotation in April. And it may get some support in future expansions. And yeah, a good card for arena =)

• RubinoCE's Avatar 115 40 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

Seems likes it works pretty well with CTW......it will make 4 eggs

• RMK117's Avatar 145 145 Posts Joined 06/12/2019

It is a wierd card for sure, but i am certain the card will see some play in the future, if not in this meta. The card has alot of space to grow.

• DelkoHS's Avatar Bulbasaur 270 266 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

I don't think this card can see play in currently played Shaman archetypes, but we haven't seen the Galakrond for the class yet. Maybe this card will be amazing there.

• Mahobear8's Avatar 235 282 Posts Joined 03/22/2019

Very cool card.  Perhaps Aggro Dragon shaman will be viable

• Freforos's Avatar 135 147 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

If the eggs hatches the stats of this card are insane for 6 mana, key part is "if".

Even if your opponent have the decision to clear the 2 0/3 or clear the 5/5; he clears the 0/3s so his minion don't get damaged, in the end the 5/5 stays alive one turn...it doesn't feel that having a 5/5 survive is a big punish.

Seriously, in that case is like having played a 6 cost stealth tiger.

This card is very good if played on a clear board or when you are ahead, maybe in shaman deck that will happen so frequently that this card will be worth it, for now i doubt it.

• Aoyi's Avatar 60 13 Posts Joined 06/05/2019

Since they are eggs, will they also hatch if damaged? I'd hold off on a definite score for this card depending on that answer. If they are 4/4s either way, then this is really good. If not, then it's still decent, but less impressive.

• troY's Avatar 160 147 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

Pretty underwhelming card imo. It's slow and the eggs are easy to kill off before they hatch. At least Shaman doesn't get to much OP stuff this expansion.

• FuriousBeagle's Avatar 75 32 Posts Joined 12/01/2019
    Posted 1 week, 1 day ago

Was really excited for shaman but this card was a huge dissapointment.hope the galakrond is better since its fre

• johnyDI's Avatar Island 155 147 Posts Joined 03/31/2019
    Posted 1 week, 1 day ago
    Quote From frosthearth

Am I missing something or is this just a bad card? The card doesn't have an immediate effect for 6 mana, the eggs are easily clearable and even if they remain on board you still can't go face with them the next turn. Also this doesn't really synergize with anything yet so I don't see why anyone would play this.

This card will surpise many of us. Dragon cards are widely associated with either midrange or control decks. Assuming shaman to run the later due to their many boardclears available, this card will become a hard choice for your opponent to either kill them and loss a turn where he's not killing you, or ignore them and assume he also lost the board next turn. It won't be gamebraking, but since its a dragon it will have a home in those decks and will become on more control tool for shaman to abuse.

• xreflex98's Avatar Bulbasaur 95 94 Posts Joined 11/21/2019
    Posted 1 week ago

The card looks good but it's pretty slow for the current meta, don't know about its playability.

• ArngrimUndying's Avatar Jaina 350 329 Posts Joined 06/11/2019
    Posted 1 week ago

I'm just not seeing this being overly impactful. We still need to see a lot of Shaman revealed, but right now If this is all the "dragony bits" they get I expect this will be a dead card.

• padoru's Avatar 130 144 Posts Joined 12/02/2019
    Posted 1 week ago

modest compared to what we've seen so far, but tbh shaman doesnt need much more atm. its legendaries in standard are all pretty strong

• DarkFrostX's Avatar 175 231 Posts Joined 07/26/2019
    Posted 6 days, 21 hours ago

Can only see this being played in battlecry quest.

Still, even if it absorbs 6 damage and leaves you a body is enough.

• Guenh's Avatar 255 223 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 6 days, 8 hours ago

I like the mechanic of this card, but it's too slow probably. In the game if u are ahead, this is a win more that ensure board presence; if you are behind enemy can destroy egg and deny the 4/4

However don't forget that for 8 mana quest shaman deploy 4 egg...
  • Dongusman's Avatar 105 85 Posts Joined 07/26/2019
    Posted 6 days, 1 hour ago

Very strong card if the eggs are able to hatch, but you need a clear board to play it because two 0/3 are easily dealt with.

• TheWanderer's Avatar Bulbasaur 150 151 Posts Joined 09/09/2019
    Posted 6 days, 1 hour ago

So if either this card, or the eggs, get cleared off do they not hatch? Does this have to be present on the board for them to hatch? Or is the hatching effect applied as a non-deathrattle aura to the eggs?

• KinetiClasH's Avatar 105 87 Posts Joined 09/05/2019
    Posted 5 days, 13 hours ago

Seems good but i don't see it fit in any deckm besides eggs seems very suceptible to beaing destroyed (if they dont have deathrattle).One of the weirdest card to be sure.

• Almaniarra's Avatar HearthStationeer 400 655 Posts Joined 03/21/2019
    Posted 5 days, 10 hours ago

I would like to see those eggs as dormant when you play Nithogg to be hatch on next turn.

It might be too op tho but would be a nice idea.

• Mahobear8's Avatar 235 282 Posts Joined 03/22/2019
    Posted 4 days, 7 hours ago

Cool card, but will it actually fit into aggro shaman

• MenacingBagel's Avatar Bulbasaur 155 162 Posts Joined 09/24/2019
    Posted 4 days, 5 hours ago

I can see this being rated lower now but everyone hating it when it's in action like other we've seen. Works with the quest and provides some soft taunts since the drakes have rush they'll be useful if the eggs live.

Only a fool thinks they know everything. I admit that I know nothing

• Haffax733's Avatar 215 144 Posts Joined 04/02/2019
    Posted 4 days, 2 hours ago

This card might work in Battlecry Shaman. On the other hand, sticking two (or four) eggs for one turn on the board is not easy. Maybe, this card is rather a 'win more' card.

• Doublebuttered's Avatar 115 141 Posts Joined 12/05/2019
    Posted 3 days, 19 hours ago

Yea I agree the card looks pretty weak. Even with a double battlecry youre not very excited about it.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.