New Priest Minion - Chronobreaker

• angelkas's Avatar Bulbasaur 145 8 Posts Joined 08/17/2019
    Posted 1 week ago

A 3 card combo that... DEALS 3 DAMAGE TO THE ENEMY BOARD!

There are 4 card combos that OTKs the opponent for crying out loud.

Wait, how do you sign here?

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 520 867 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 1 week ago
    Quote From UnGoroh

Obviously this doesn't have taunt. Cards needs to be somehow balanced, ok? This is a strong card in the right deck, not just in every deck.

Chillmaw likes to say hi.

I too remember the oppressive turbo Chillmaw meta of '86

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• Valord's Avatar 145 145 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 1 week ago

A cheaper Chillmaw, but enemy minions only and no taunt. While its not bad the body is decent and your opponent can kinda play around it.

• KANSAS's Avatar Wall 670 1024 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 1 week ago

Not a bad card for res/dragon priest. The deathrattle makes the card a less reliable AOE, but it also allows you to continuously re-summon the minion. I have a feeling this card will be played about the same way Convincing Infiltrator is being played.

This is not a very responsive card because of the deathrattle, but this will just keep on coming back and bombarding your board with more damage, and when played alongside cards like Khartut Defender and Convincing Infiltrator the fact that it is a little slow won't matter. 

• Almaniarra's Avatar HearthStationeer 400 655 Posts Joined 03/21/2019
    Posted 1 week ago
    Quote From YourPrivateNightmare

Ah yes, that classic Deathrattle Priest that randomly gets support once in a blue moon. I remember when Chillmaw was occasionally run, but at least that thing had taunt.

Even if you put Reborn or Shadowy Figure into the mix it'S still a pretty slow and unreliable "boardclear"

At best I'd run this in some weird Deathrattle/tempo build where the focus isn't so much board clear but board denial (noone's gonna go wide while this is in play.

Still, at this point Priest has enough decent Deathrattle minions, but no real gameplan. What do I do with all these guys? There's no N'zoth, no Amara and no actual win condition.

They want you to resummon them.

I guess they wanted resurrect priest in the meta.

• PipoHs's Avatar 115 140 Posts Joined 11/22/2019
    Posted 1 week ago

slow antiaggro, but it will see play. 

at least not so powercreep as duskbreaker

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 520 867 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 1 week ago
    Quote From Almaniarra

Ah yes, that classic Deathrattle Priest that randomly gets support once in a blue moon. I remember when Chillmaw was occasionally run, but at least that thing had taunt.

Even if you put Reborn or Shadowy Figure into the mix it'S still a pretty slow and unreliable "boardclear"

At best I'd run this in some weird Deathrattle/tempo build where the focus isn't so much board clear but board denial (noone's gonna go wide while this is in play.

Still, at this point Priest has enough decent Deathrattle minions, but no real gameplan. What do I do with all these guys? There's no N'zoth, no Amara and no actual win condition.

even then, what's the point. Like great, your opponent won't be able to build a board, but how do you win against any deck that isn't bothered by Hellfire spam?

Rez Priest just doesn't work without a N'zoth like effet (and it shouldn't because the deck is boring and binary)

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• Almaniarra's Avatar HearthStationeer 400 655 Posts Joined 03/21/2019
    Posted 1 week ago
    Quote From Almaniarra

even then, what's the point. Like great, your opponent won't be able to build a board, but how do you win against any deck that isn't bothered by Hellfire spam?

Rez Priest just doesn't work without a N'zoth like effet (and it shouldn't because the deck is boring and binary)

There are still cards to be revealed.

Katrina and whitemane might help tho.

• Wagnuz's Avatar 95 63 Posts Joined 07/26/2019
    Posted 1 week ago

Decent, nothing more or less. I think it will be playable, but replacable.

• Hedwyn's Avatar Gul'dan 290 159 Posts Joined 07/05/2019
    Posted 1 week ago

A balanced Duskbreaker? I think it's a bit slow and don't will see play.

I'm sorry for my bad english :)

• p's Avatar Gul'dan 210 113 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 1 week ago

Another board clear! Exactly what priest needed this time proactive, conditional and slow a trio that always finds a way in tier 1 decks /s

• troY's Avatar 160 146 Posts Joined 11/21/2019
    Posted 1 week ago

I think this card is actually too slow to be effective. Opponents can play around Deathrattle.Might not even play depending on the Dragons available. But cool design though

• Emptyness's Avatar Derpcorn 220 106 Posts Joined 03/16/2019
    Posted 1 week ago

Nice board clear for priest. You can't have enough of them. 

• ArcanisDF's Avatar Dragon 280 177 Posts Joined 08/01/2019
    Posted 1 week ago

pretty good card for dragon priest instd. no so in wild. 

• 8Nikano's Avatar 120 144 Posts Joined 11/21/2019
    Posted 1 week ago

Pretty weak, because it doesnt have taunt. If this was battlecry or it has taunt, it would be broken

• Freshjive's Avatar 80 28 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 1 week ago

A Duskbreaker with a bigger body? Yes plz!

• johnyDI's Avatar Island 155 147 Posts Joined 03/31/2019
    Posted 1 week ago

This will only see play if dragon priest is played. A board clear that depends on your healthy minion dying and you having dragons in hand isn't as viable as people might think. Any possible combo to instantaneously activate it will require you to fill your deck with the combo and dragons, leaving very little space for an actual win condition.

Again, it will see play but as soon as better cards appear this is one of the first cards to be cut from decks.

• TwistedFate's Avatar 105 59 Posts Joined 11/21/2019
    Posted 1 week ago

The effect is strong, but not as a deathrattle...

• JackJimson's Avatar Uther 95 32 Posts Joined 11/19/2019
    Posted 6 days, 23 hours ago

Not a bad card but doest seem to fit in existing archetypes.

I feel the card has more value in a board-centric control priest rather than an anti aggro tool:

• It only damages any minions thus will preserve your board. In the standard priest, that rarely matters since you won't have board most of the time.
    • Does nothing on the turn its played. Aggro will ignore and hit face.
    • Seem a little too durable at 5 health. Aggro usually has a swarm of weak minion. This will unlikely die on a trade. 

The card has value but just needs a deck to fit in.

• Narfi's Avatar 145 149 Posts Joined 03/23/2019
    Posted 6 days, 23 hours ago

It’s fine and will likely be included in dragon priest if that deck works.

• TheOdinson's Avatar 135 144 Posts Joined 06/04/2019
    Posted 6 days, 21 hours ago

This one is fine. I mean its a bit clunky in what it does, like Sylvanas. Because this is a deathrattle and not a battlecry you have to figure out how to activate it right away or the right situation for it. That said, its an interesting Dragon and Deathrattle for priest, so it likely sees play but isn't an insane key card for them.

To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of the women.

• DarkFrostX's Avatar 175 231 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

One of the coolest names.

Aside from that, if your opponent does not want to kill it you can keep healing it, really good card.

• liontail's Avatar 130 141 Posts Joined 09/04/2019

enemy only duskbreaker effect on death but a decent minion..could be good in certain situations have to see what the remaining cards bring us..

• Horus's Avatar Stalagg 610 799 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

How many board clear does priest needs?

'' When I was your age, Pluto was a planet. '' -Unknown

• snowcannon11's Avatar 80 26 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 6 days, 19 hours ago

Fun card, another board clear for priest.  I’m curious to see if this makes its way into battlegrounds as a tier 6 card,  seems suited for a way to make the dragon tribe unique in battlegrounds

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.