New Warrior Minion - EVIL Quartermaster

• Arthas's Avatar 185 459 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 6 days, 23 hours ago

A new Common Warrior Minion, EVIL Quartermaster, has been revealed!

EVIL Quartermaster Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Descent of Dragons

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Descent of Dragons!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• linkblade91's Avatar Global Moderator 255 318 Posts Joined 02/09/2019

Still waiting on those Warrior Invoke cards, Blizzard :/ The card is fine but hey, at least we're still seeing some Lackey support. Warrior hasn't really used their Lackey generators; maybe this'll change.

• Koetti's Avatar Island 340 231 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

Not very exciting, but Lackey generation and a Body is solid.

I hope they'll give Priest finally some Lackey-Synergy Cards though.

Long, drawn-out Control Match-ups with Boardclears en masse and an unbelievable amount of greedy cards?

Sign me up!

• Tetsuo's Avatar 205 147 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Me likey. That's great value in a 3-mana card, in a Crocolisk body. Solid.

• Valord's Avatar 145 145 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

The amount of value in this card is just insane. You get an extra resource, armor AND a body for only 3 mana.

• mayhern's Avatar 130 142 Posts Joined 07/26/2019
    Posted 6 days, 22 hours ago

Excellent early game card! Warrior finally stepped up!

• DarkFrostX's Avatar 175 231 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

Don't know if it will be played in dragon decks but will be sure played in Galakron decks.

• p's Avatar Gul'dan 210 113 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Since there is no lackey synergy for warrior dont think this card will see play outside arena. Maybe it can be good enough for reno warrior as a jack of all trades card, we will see

• Nona's Avatar 115 73 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Looks like a nice utility minion, but don't recall Warrior doing much with their lackeys at all.

• Horus's Avatar Stalagg 610 799 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Quote From linkblade91

Still waiting on those Warrior Invoke cards, Blizzard :/ The card is fine but hey, at least we're still seeing some Lackey support. Warrior hasn't really used their Lackey generators; maybe this'll change.

That was basically my train of thoughts too. 
    Would warrior benefit tho from Lackey synergy and support?
    Color me perplex

'' When I was your age, Pluto was a planet. '' -Unknown

• KANSAS's Avatar Wall 670 1024 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

Amazing card. Getting lackeys is a powerful thing, and the 3 armor on top of that makes up for the lack of stats. This is a very good card for a common. It will probably be played in aggro/midrange warriors, and with the cards we have seen so far, this looks like it will be a powerful deck.

• Farfelee's Avatar Dragon 285 187 Posts Joined 11/21/2019
    Posted 6 days, 21 hours ago

While this is a very nice card that gains you armor, a lackey and an ok body all for 3 mana, it has some competition for that important 3 mana slot in most Warrior decks.

Are you playing a dragon deck? Scion of Ruin and Smolderthorn Lancer might be a better choice.

Rush synergy? Scion of Ruin and Rabid Worgen want in.

More of the aggressive type? Frothing Berserker and Bloodsworn Mercenary are stronger.

Bombing some fools? Clockwork Goblin and Augmented Elekk are the ones for the job.

Drawing cards? Acolyte of Pains body is ready!

Galakrond deck? Scion of Ruin is a must.

So again, it's a nice card, but Warrior has a lot of strong 3 mana minions that can fit in lots of different decks. Also Warrior doesn't seem to use lackeys all that much unlike Rogue and Warlock. I'm not saying that it won't be able to find a deck, it's just gonna be a little harder than just auto including this in any Warrior deck you make.

More dragons? Yes please!

• Demonxz95's Avatar Content Squad Honorary Explorer 390 415 Posts Joined 03/19/2019
    Quote From Koetti

I hope they'll give Priest finally some Lackey-Synergy Cards though.

Exactly me.

They have EVIL Conscripter and that's it. They desperately need more generators and synergy.

No, that's wrong!

• meisterz39's Avatar Anduin 275 203 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

Plated Beetle, but for one mana more you get the armor immediately and you get a lackey. Seems like a great card for a warrior that wants to survive early aggro

• TheOdinson's Avatar 135 144 Posts Joined 06/04/2019

This is a solid card. The stats aren't great and all the effects are small, but for the net value its not bad. Its always nice to get any amount of bonus armor on an incremental value card. 

To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of the women.

• snowcannon11's Avatar 80 26 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Good card, I doubt it will see play in standard.  In arena, this card is nuts. 

• Narfi's Avatar 145 149 Posts Joined 03/23/2019

Despite the competition, I have a feeling this will see play eventually.

• Meteorite12's Avatar Magma Rager 300 247 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 6 days, 20 hours ago

Bit of armor and a lackey to go along with it, what’s not to love

Who needs consistency when you could have fun?

• Joda's Avatar Magma Rager 240 143 Posts Joined 04/01/2019
    Posted 6 days, 18 hours ago

Its just good. Cheap armor and a lackey is always welcomed.

Never netdeck, craft Whizbang instead!

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 410 625 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 6 days, 18 hours ago
    Quote From Farfelee

While this is a very nice card that gains you armor, a lackey and an ok body all for 3 mana, it has some competition for that important 3 mana slot in most Warrior decks.

Are you playing a dragon deck? Scion of Ruin and Smolderthorn Lancer might be a better choice.

More of the aggressive type? Frothing Berserker and Bloodsworn Mercenary are stronger.

Bombing some fools? Clockwork Goblin and Augmented Elekk are the ones for the job.

So again, it's a nice card, but Warrior has a lot of strong 3 mana minions that can fit in lots of different decks. Also Warrior doesn't seem to use lackeys all that much unlike Rogue and Warlock. I'm not saying that it won't be able to find a deck, it's just gonna be a little harder than just auto including this in any Warrior deck you make.

Cause you can run a maximum of 4 3 drops in a deck

• jwbrain's Avatar 125 18 Posts Joined 06/11/2019
    Posted 6 days, 17 hours ago
    Quote From Farfelee

Scion of Ruin doesn't really count as a 3-drop. There's no way you Invoke twice consistently by turn 3 and you also would only play it in a Galakrond deck. Smolderthorn Lancer also isn't a turn 3 play for any deck. This however is nice to play anytime. Other than Aggro Warrior, I could definitely see this being core to Warrior decks, and even in Aggro Warrior it wouldn't be that bad.

• RavenSunHS's Avatar Swamp 455 884 Posts Joined 03/27/2019

Decent card, but i am not sure it can find a place, unless some Lackey Warrior deck emerges.

• DelkoHS's Avatar Bulbasaur 270 266 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Well this is a strongly upgraded EVIL Cable Rat lol

Warrior hasn't been a "lackey class" per se, but who know what can happen. I think this card is strong enough to see play even without any other Lackey support.

• Farfelee's Avatar Dragon 285 187 Posts Joined 11/21/2019
    Posted 6 days, 16 hours ago
    Quote From DoubleSummon
    Quote From Farfelee

Cause you can run a maximum of 4 3 drops in a deck

Yeah I guess at first that was the direction that my comment was going for. What I was trying to say was that this card doesn't seem to be good enough to compete against the other warrior packages.

This minion gives you armor which is good for control and a lackey which is better for getting tempo/value, so I see it being used in a control deck.

So you are going for a control Warrior? In standard, you'll usually want to pair it up with something else like a mech, bomb, taunt, dragon or a rush package. Also you'll want some draw so might as well get an Acolyte of Pain and/or Shield Block. After considering those things, I don't think you'll be looking for another 3 drop.

I wasn't trying to say that you can only run four 3 drops, but that this card just doesn't really answer any major needs for those decks. Also Warrior doesn't have any Lackey synergy cards for a lackey package (for now that is) so its just going to be more complicated to find a good reason to include this card in your control Warrior deck.

More dragons? Yes please!

• vprr's Avatar Uther 290 207 Posts Joined 03/31/2019
    Posted 6 days, 16 hours ago

Seems like a nice card, although unsure on what deck it goes into.

Lackeys have been rather underwhelming in Warrior thus far. Tempo Warrior has so many better 3 mana plays that I don't see this making the cut. A slower more control based Warrior might run it for the armor gain maybe, but again there are so many other cards fighting for that 3 mana slot.

Not a bad card by any means, I just don't see it having an impact until after rotation.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.