New Shaman Spell - Invocation of Frost

• Arthas's Avatar Black Lotus 775 1901 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 1 year, 4 months ago

A new Common Shaman Spell, Invocation of Frost, has been revealed!

Invocation of Frost Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Descent of Dragons

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Descent of Dragons!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

Your friendly neighbourhood bot!
    Like what I'm doing? Disable ads and unlock cosmetics with Out of Cards Premium!

• Mercynary9's Avatar 330 226 Posts Joined 03/31/2019

They are STILL trying to bring back freeze shaman

/s

That's a good value though, we don't care about 1 mana freeze, it will definitely help.

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Bloodfeather 1375 2609 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

alright, they're memeing at this point.

It's a good activator though. Stalling an enemy for a turn while advancing your gameplan can't be bad

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• ArcanisDF's Avatar 660 214 Posts Joined 08/01/2019

can work as stall but imo is a good card for the invoke hability

• TheOdinson's Avatar 505 153 Posts Joined 06/04/2019

I mean Frost Shock used to be playable, and this is better than that in most cases. The invoke effect summons a 2/1 rush, to this is kind of Freeze a Enemy, deal 2 damage to an enemy minion. That's a big deal, because you can freeze a large minion or the enemy player, while removing a small threat, or you can simply use it to create a 2/1 that your opponent has to deal with, and ignore the freeze all together. I'm glad you have to have Galakrond in your deck for the invoke to work or else I think this could be too good in decks that aren't playing it.

To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of the women.

• vprr's Avatar Face Collector 535 209 Posts Joined 03/31/2019

One of the strongest Invoke cards we have seen so far.

Ray of Frost is super powerful, yes it has twin-spell but the ability to cheaply freeze a target can be huge in retaining board presence. This card gives the added bonus of Invoking Galakrond, the Tempest which summons a 2/1 with rush, just an incredibly powerful card for 1 mana.

Shaman is looking to be the best Galakrond deck.

• Koetti's Avatar Content Squad 1075 834 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

So 1 Mana 2-1 Rush and Freeze..

Guys, 

It's a freeze card in Shaman... and it's GOOD. 

• FuRenz's Avatar Vampire 335 142 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Moorabi enabler finally? 2 more cards like this and the card would be playable in wild. But fair card to standard.

• Valord's Avatar 465 281 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

So its basically a Glacial Shard but with rush. 

• Blackpancake's Avatar 85 8 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

Glacial Shard with rush. 

• padoru's Avatar Explorer of Outland 180 154 Posts Joined 12/02/2019

good stall option, the rush also helps to clear the board a bit, or it could just help fill a board

• AngryShuckie's Avatar 1135 1038 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Quote From Valord

Yeah. This and Corrupt Elementalist really make me question Blizz saying the invoke cards are low tempo to justify the powerhouse invoke synergy cards.

• iWatchUSleep's Avatar 795 739 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Quote From Valord

AND it works towards your Galakrond upgrades. And Glacial Shard already saw quite a bit of play.

This card is crazy good. Probably one of the best invoke cards.

• Meteorite12's Avatar 665 696 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Stall a minion while summoning a bit of board presence on the cheap. Don’t see a downside to this, really good card

Who needs consistency when you could have fun?

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Bloodfeather 1375 2609 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Quote From Koetti

So 1 Mana 2-1 Rush and Freeze..

Guys, 

It's a freeze card in Shaman... and it's GOOD. 

Moorabi tier 1 in Wild?

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• KANSAS's Avatar Old God Fanatic 1715 2711 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

FREEZE SHAMAN IS BACK EVERYBODY!!! 5/5 CARD!!! NOW I CAN SHOW ALL THOSE HATERS WHO'S BOSS!!! FREEZE SHAMAN FOR THE WIN!!!

Not but seriously, I wasn't expecting this. It is pretty good, it is just like Glacial Shard but with rush. There isn't a battlecry, so it doesn't have any synergy with shudderwock, but it is still a decent tempo play and it does invoke galakrond. This is better than a lot of the invoke cards we have seen so far simply because shaman has such a proactive galakrond power. Imagine freezing one minion and than trading into another. A 2/1 rush is a pretty good 1 drop, just look at Springpaw, this deals the same damage for half the cost, it is less flexible not being able to deal the damage to two separate targets, but is also can free whatever it wants.

Carrion, my wayward grub.

• duppie's Avatar HearthStationeer 310 235 Posts Joined 04/02/2019
    Quote From AngryShuckie
    Quote From Valord

Yeah. This and Corrupt Elementalist really make me question Blizz saying the invoke cards are low tempo to justify the powerhouse invoke synergy cards.

Well they're super low tempo in general, just not with shaman.  They said they wanted shamans invoke/dragon to be tempo oriented.  Their dragon's battlecry isn't quite as much value as other classes (though 2 8/8 rushes is still pretty nutty

• linkblade91's Avatar Global Moderator Lissandra 1300 1258 Posts Joined 02/09/2019

Glacial Shard with Rush, as others have noted. Glacial Shard saw a lot of play, so this seems like a no-brainer in a Galakrond deck.

If you have the time, you should totally check out our weekly Hearthstone card design competitions! :D

• AngryShuckie's Avatar 1135 1038 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Quote From duppie
    Quote From AngryShuckie
    Quote From Valord

Well they're super low tempo in general, just not with shaman.  They said they wanted shamans invoke/dragon to be tempo oriented.  Their dragon's battlecry isn't quite as much value as other classes (though 2 8/8 rushes is still pretty nutty

2 8/8s with rush is really nutty. Their Galakrond won't play the long game quite as well as some others, but it is still a major upgrade. Currently I just see strong and fast invoke cards that quickly activate overpowered synergy cards, and nowhere is there actually a price to pay other than that you have to choose between this, Hagatha and the quest.

That's an embarrassment of riches, not good design.

• b4timert's Avatar 165 151 Posts Joined 11/05/2019

freeze shaman back lol

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium